There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I swear if Singletary does get fired

and we promote Mike Johnson to Head Coach I will be pissed. Greg Manusky should definitely be our interim head coach if Sing is gone in a couple weeks. The reason I bring this up is because I can definitely see our organization doing this. It would be the same exact thing they did for sing. They had the option to promote Martz or Manusky, but instead they chose an unproven Singletary.
They are making big coaching changes now to try and make sure they dont have to fire Singletary. Firing Singletary in season makes you look like you have no idea what you are doing as an organization while his brand of fire and brimstone may burn the people out. They will keep status quo until the end of the season and then fire him on Jan 03, 2011.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=146558
stfu
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
i wonder if singletary getting fired would have an effect on willis' play
Originally posted by BenQ:

OMG
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

OMG

Ray Lewis has been fine without him

no more defensive minded hc's in sf..... its got us no where! defense HC + 49ers = s**t + more losses than wins + no playoffs !!!!!
Singletary needs to be fired immediately so this team can begin to heal, and we can move on. The circus surrounding this team is flat out embarrassing. We are not the Cleveland Browns. We are the franchise of Walsh, Montana, Lott, Rice.

Singletary is a nice guy, a good positional coach, and possibly a good head coach for college kids. However, just like Nolan, he's not ready to be an NFL head coach. The flipping and flopping on so many issues shows that he really doesn't know how to handle the duties as a HC.

Pull the plug. Please!!!
Too bad Sing seems to be such a nice guy. I had no problem seeing Nolan leave, but Mike S has a high likability factor.

Nevertheless, as a novice, it seems to me that Sing is waaay over his head and too proud (stubborn) to ask for help.

All he had to do was gather some experts and plan this out. No, he thought he was smarter than every one else.

Heck even I told him him Jaye Raye was a coach who was strung out on NyQuil and falling asleep at critical moments, such as when it was time to call a play or make adjustments.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Oct 2, 2010 at 5:19 AM ]
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er: