LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Selfish Attitudes Of Some Players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rxrunner:
Originally posted by znk916:
Willis is the most selfish, he gets all the tackles for himself

this

yea really. i hate that selfish slob, he's not even that good! i wish he would just start whining and quit, too!!!!
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
It's getting a lot more attention than it deserves just because of the state the 49ers are in now.

But it's not like Lewis has been the first guy unhappy to get a diminished role or lose a starting job demanding to be released or traded.

He's upset about losing his job because he knows he's going to be out on the street next year and the more he's on the field the more he can audition for other teams.

The staff is going to put in who they feel their best guys are end of story. You don't want to get benched than simply perform better than your competition. Lewis hasn't done that and the team is looking to see if Mays can be an upgrade at the position.

Also if I'm not mistaken he was still the starter but they wanted to work Mays in so it's not like he "lost" his job per se.

These players all know and if they don't they should know that you're a starter on a day to day basis so you have to be on the top of your game everyday or someone else nipping at your heals may take your spot. If the Colts had a better QB on the roster than Peyton Manning they wouldn't hesitate to make that switch so there is no such thing as job security in the league.

My point it's a bigger deal because it's the 49ers but all teams function pretty much the same way so it's not like we're the exception to the rule.

you are all are missing the point. Lewis left because no one in the organization could give him a straight answer. He found out through the media that he was going to get benched/ have his role reduced and then got mixed answers from different people face to face. Its more of a reflection on the organization than a selfish player.

When I was finishing up my college degree I did an internship with the Raiders gameday promotions department. You could tell it was a bad organization b/c people from every department talked s**t about each other and no one was on the same page. I feel sorry to say it but it sounds like the Niners are comparable to that now.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kelpie70:
I have come to the realization as to why when things are going bad, we cannot pull out of it as a team; the players attitudes are terrible. Isn't football a TEAM sport? If things are NOT going well and the coach wants to try something different, shoudn't the TEAM be all for it? Michael Lewis and Kentwan 'bust' Balmer have showed me that when the rubber meets the road, they cannot hang. They have abandoned their teammates and left them high and dry due to their selfishness. I must say that when this ship gets righted, ALL of the bad elements will be long gone! So long losers and take you bad attitudes with you!

It's a product of a team that is undisciplined with a coach who has absolutely no f**king clue what he's doing...NONE!
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by kelpie70:
I have come to the realization as to why when things are going bad, we cannot pull out of it as a team; the players attitudes are terrible. Isn't football a TEAM sport? If things are NOT going well and the coach wants to try something different, shoudn't the TEAM be all for it? Michael Lewis and Kentwan 'bust' Balmer have showed me that when the rubber meets the road, they cannot hang. They have abandoned their teammates and left them high and dry due to their selfishness. I must say that when this ship gets righted, ALL of the bad elements will be long gone! So long losers and take you bad attitudes with you!

It's a product of a team that is undisciplined with a coach who has absolutely no f**king clue what he's doing...NONE!

bingo
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
It's getting a lot more attention than it deserves just because of the state the 49ers are in now.

But it's not like Lewis has been the first guy unhappy to get a diminished role or lose a starting job demanding to be released or traded.

He's upset about losing his job because he knows he's going to be out on the street next year and the more he's on the field the more he can audition for other teams.

The staff is going to put in who they feel their best guys are end of story. You don't want to get benched than simply perform better than your competition. Lewis hasn't done that and the team is looking to see if Mays can be an upgrade at the position.

Also if I'm not mistaken he was still the starter but they wanted to work Mays in so it's not like he "lost" his job per se.

These players all know and if they don't they should know that you're a starter on a day to day basis so you have to be on the top of your game everyday or someone else nipping at your heals may take your spot. If the Colts had a better QB on the roster than Peyton Manning they wouldn't hesitate to make that switch so there is no such thing as job security in the league.

My point it's a bigger deal because it's the 49ers but all teams function pretty much the same way so it's not like we're the exception to the rule.

you are all are missing the point. Lewis left because no one in the organization could give him a straight answer. He found out through the media that he was going to get benched/ have his role reduced and then got mixed answers from different people face to face. Its more of a reflection on the organization than a selfish player.

When I was finishing up my college degree I did an internship with the Raiders gameday promotions department. You could tell it was a bad organization b/c people from every department talked s**t about each other and no one was on the same page. I feel sorry to say it but it sounds like the Niners are comparable to that now.

^ We don't necessarily know if this is true though, maybe Lewis could be just saying that out of pure bitterness?!
I think if all 3 players jumped ship bc they knew it was a joke, I would expect more to quit, especially by prolonging injuries.

But Alex Smith will play like a beast with Ginn and Heitmann back
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nah. Something is just terribly wrong with this organization. I don't see guys quitting left and right from other teams.

well, who is quitting left and right from this team?

Coffee had personal reasons, balmer was a bad pick, but Lewis seems to be the only real defector.

Please show me another team that head 3 guys quit or walk away out of 31 by week 3 of the season. Leaving multi million dollar salaries behind. Like I said something is terribly wrong.

the good news is our team is better for it....dixon better than coffee, any backup is better than balmer....and mays right now is better than lewis....they didn't walk away....they were pushed back on the BENCH....so it was more like the team didn't need tham as starters and tthey were babies about it.
Share 49ersWebzone