LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 367 users in the forums

Selfish Attitudes Of Some Players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have come to the realization as to why when things are going bad, we cannot pull out of it as a team; the players attitudes are terrible. Isn't football a TEAM sport? If things are NOT going well and the coach wants to try something different, shoudn't the TEAM be all for it? Michael Lewis and Kentwan 'bust' Balmer have showed me that when the rubber meets the road, they cannot hang. They have abandoned their teammates and left them high and dry due to their selfishness. I must say that when this ship gets righted, ALL of the bad elements will be long gone! So long losers and take you bad attitudes with you!
Well Said
Nah. Something is just terribly wrong with this organization. I don't see guys quitting left and right from other teams.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nah. Something is just terribly wrong with this organization. I don't see guys quitting left and right from other teams.

well, who is quitting left and right from this team?

Coffee had personal reasons, balmer was a bad pick, but Lewis seems to be the only real defector.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Coffee had personal reasons, balmer was a bad pick, but Lewis seems to be the only real defector.

Please show me another team that head 3 guys quit or walk away out of 31 by week 3 of the season. Leaving multi million dollar salaries behind. Like I said something is terribly wrong.

So -- if Lewis comes up for a "reason for quitting," you're gonna buy it?"

I'm with SanDiego on this one. Something ain't right.

I smell me a dad gum Yahoo rat!
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Not with lewis, i do agree, something is amiss. But he is the first real defector. Could it be just him? could his feelings be a microcosm of the entire team's feelings?
Originally posted by kelpie70:
I have come to the realization as to why when things are going bad, we cannot pull out of it as a team; the players attitudes are terrible. Isn't football a TEAM sport? If things are NOT going well and the coach wants to try something different, shoudn't the TEAM be all for it? Michael Lewis and Kentwan 'bust' Balmer have showed me that when the rubber meets the road, they cannot hang. They have abandoned their teammates and left them high and dry due to their selfishness. I must say that when this ship gets righted, ALL of the bad elements will be long gone! So long losers and take you bad attitudes with you!

I was just going to post this ---->:

But then someone mouthed off about the organization and while I could agree to SOME extent, I do NOT agree that is why 2 nobodies and one Vet are leaving.

So long Mike don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. Take the other whiners with you if you please.

What's wrong is he took a paycut so he could remain a STARTER. Now tell me, you are the GM of ANY NFL team besides ours. Are you going to pay him to be a Starter or a role player?

Ladies and gentlemen we have our Rat. Nuff said.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM ]

I think that having 3 players quit on the team in just 2 months or so could accurately be described as "players quitting left and right."

That's just not normal. I don't know what the problem is, but I don't think the 9ers are very respected as an organization. Not surprising considering the people we have making decisions: a wealthy kid, an MBA chart whore, and a position coach.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

At the pace we keep losing players and losing games I predict we will be 0 - 16 and have zero players left on the roster at the end of the year. We are a prize of an organization.

Quote:
Per PFT
Report: 49ers safety Michael Lewis asks for release
Posted by Evan Silva on October 1, 2010 6:49 PM ET
Matt Maiocco of Comcast SportsNet Bay Area reported Friday afternoon that 49ers safety Michael Lewis won't be making the trip to Atlanta for Sunday's Niners-Falcons clash. Lewis sat out practice Friday for "personal reasons," according to the team.

Matthew Barrows of the Sacramento Bee has taken Maiocco's report a step further. According to Barrows, Lewis has asked the 49ers to release him.

Lewis agreed to a pay cut in August, reducing his base salary from $4.1 million to $1.7 million, with another $400,000 in bonuses. If the bonuses were related to game-day activity, Lewis isn't going to get the vast majority of them.

He'll probably get his wish eventually, though. The 0-3 49ers are in a state of turmoil and appear poised to turn Lewis' strong safety position over to some combination of youngsters Reggie Smith and Taylor Mays.

If Lewis is cut, St. Louis is a possible landing spot. Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo was the Eagles' defensive backs coach when Lewis broke into the league with Philadelphia in 2002.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

I think that having 3 players quit on the team in just 2 months or so could accurately be described as "players quitting left and right."

That's just not normal. I don't know what the problem is, but I don't think the 9ers are very respected as an organization. Not surprising considering the people we have making decisions: a wealthy kid, an MBA chart whore, and a position coach.

It's so true...
Name one Player that is a devastating Loss.

Balmer? Traded for a 6th rounder.

Coffee? Hung up his cleats.

Lewis? Crying like a baby cause he won't be Starting for the Atlanta game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Nate Clements get "benched" last year and didn't he get Playing time on the field in that game?

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Lewis accepted the pay cut could he not have had a writer added to the contract to guarantee his Starts? No? Oh that's right he knows full well that Starts are NOT guaranteed. What a baby.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Granted, Eddie D was also a wealthy kid when he started running the franchise, so thats not the reason the team succeeds or fails. Obviously, Eddie D's decisions have turned out better than Jed's but Eddie should not be revered in such high regard when it was his doing that the Yorks have the team right now.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Common thing to happen, when things go bad players start looking out for themselves. They want to achieve as an individual so someone will take notice and they can get off the sinking ship.
Share 49ersWebzone