LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 135 users in the forums

How Many Games MUST The Niners Win For Sing To Keep His Job?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How Many Games MUST The Niners Win For Sing To Keep His Job?

Enough to win the NFC West and get us in the playoffs.

...unless Jed is smart and goes after the other Harbaugh.
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Oct 1, 2010 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Hopefully it's 14. Awww sorry, coach...too late for you!

Technically not.

13-3 season + 1 playoff win.
Playoffs
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Hopefully it's 14. Awww sorry, coach...too late for you!

What about playoffs son? Anyway, I think that The 9ers need to win 9 games, or 8 if they make the playoffs. IF they make the playoffs at 8-8, then they better at least play a good competitive game, or win.
[ Edited by dtcomposer on Oct 1, 2010 at 11:55 AM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
playoffs
It should be obvious by now to even the generic fan:

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!
Originally posted by servegmo:
if we don't win the division or at lest 10 games I say we bring Gruden or Harbaugh!!!

hell yeah!!! f**k 10 games, if we start winning because of Mike Johnson it just shows that singletary is only as good as his OC, that is complete bulls**t and proves singletary is useless. if we can win 10 games i would still can him and go after those two proven winning coaches who atleast know offense enough to stay consitent if/when an OC will leave us. we replaced holmgren for shanahan and didnt miss a beat in the 90's. we need a great coach with connections. singletary is not a great coach and has very limited connections.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Superbowl win, anything less get rid of him. Any wins we get will be despite sing not because of him, he just isn't qualified
[ Edited by KID9R on Oct 1, 2010 at 12:04 PM ]
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if we don't win the division or at lest 10 games I say we bring Gruden or Harbaugh!!!

hell yeah!!! f**k 10 games, if we start winning because of Mike Johnson it just shows that singletary is only as good as his OC, that is complete bulls**t and proves singletary is useless. if we can win 10 games i would still can him and go after those two proven winning coaches who atleast know offense enough to stay consitent if/when an OC will leave us. we replaced holmgren for shanahan and didnt miss a beat in the 90's. we need a great coach with connections. singletary is not a great coach and has very limited connections.

Gruden yes, Harbaugh no, no first time Head coaches this time.
i'm sorry, but just making the playoffs is not good enough for me. our division is s**t. so making the playoffs because of that does not show improvement to me. i want to see at least 2 road game wins (ideally 3) from outside our division. on top of that, i want to WIN A PLAYOFF GAME. i am tired of settling. it's like getting a blowob from the ugliest girl in the bar. sure, it was a blowjob, but are you proud of who gave it to you?

Originally posted by KID9R:

harbaugh has turned around every program hes been involved with and he has a knack for molding QBs and a very creative offensive mind not to mention his in your face attitude in calling out big time teams almost every year and executing. he took stanford from a pushover to a pac ten favorite and currently the 9th ranked team in the whole country and that will probably go up when they beat oregon this weekend. if we can get him and pick up Andrew Luck in the 1st round while the singletary express continues to get us a higher draft pick then i say go for it. his brother seems to be doing just fine in baltimore and i see Jim as being way more creative than the baltimore harbaugh.
At least ten games and a playoff win.....anything else is a failure and he should quit if he can't deliver on all his empty promises.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KID9R:

harbaugh has turned around every program hes been involved with and he has a knack for molding QBs and a very creative offensive mind not to mention his in your face attitude in calling out big time teams almost every year and executing. he took stanford from a pushover to a pac ten favorite and currently the 9th ranked team in the whole country and that will probably go up when they beat oregon this weekend. if we can get him and pick up Andrew Luck in the 1st round while the singletary express continues to get us a higher draft pick then i say go for it. his brother seems to be doing just fine in baltimore and i see Jim as being way more creative than the baltimore harbaugh.

He could be great. I'll not going to lie, I haven't' watched a single game of his (except for Luck highlights) but I just think it might be difficult for a first time HC to come from college and put together a good nfl staff and scouts he trusts ect. Mind you Pete Carrol already has a better coaching staff than us.
from reading all the replies it looks like Singletary will be fired if we had the say.

I think the best this team finishes is 7-9, more likely 6-10 this season--- a regression despite what I think is an excellent 2010 draft class for the Niners.

I am not sure why there has been a dropoff---but so far we are not seeing Vernon and Crabtree being a big part of the offense like they were in 2009 and the defense doesn't put as much pressure on the opposing QB and the secondary is basically the same guys---all a year older and a tad slower. We forced a lot of turnovers last season---this year? Is Manny lawson really into these games knowing the Niners will probably let him go?
Well considering we're going to 0-5, um 9 or 10 out of 11 games. Yeah that's gonna happen, he's gone folks, and this could all been avoided with a lil' trade to Philly for Donovan McNabb, my word.
Share 49ersWebzone