LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Practice today is still messy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The oline is really a mess, there is talent, but when you start two rookies, you should expect trouble. They will get better as the season progresses, but I expect growing pains.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I think practice is one area the team really misses the Walsh philosophy---he didn't wear out his players with physical practices---but the attention to detail and practicing a play over and over till it was down pat was state of the art.

Also although they didn't always practice physically hard--the training camp was in red hot Rocklin----and that was great for conditioning.

You had vets like Lott keeping Haley in check. Jerry running each pass to the end zone.

The players coached themselves.

I remember when it came out under NoWin that they would practice a play once and move on. You are so right, Walsh would practice that one play until they got it right . . . no longer how long it took.
A messy organization + bad coaching + bad coordinators + bad players = messy practice.

It makes sense to me...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A messy organization + bad coaching + bad coordinators + bad players = messy practice.

It makes sense to me...

I knew SD would bring some reality to this thread.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It makes sense to me...

I knew SD would bring some reality to this thread.

Get used to more of the same...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The oline is really a mess, there is talent, but when you start two rookies, you should expect trouble. They will get better as the season progresses, but I expect growing pains.

It's not a mess per se. I think Davis is going to be a great lineman. Iupati, there is no doubt. That Smith guy was punching below the belt and AD gave it back. I'll take those kind of 15 yard personal fouls every day and 2X on Sunday compared to some other other stupid ones like hitting out of bounds, hitting the QB with the helmet, pass interference, etc.

Offensive lineman should be like Gogan, Larry Allen. Our 81 line, despite being small, was nasty with guys like Randy Cross and Keith Fahnhorst. Give me Newberry in his prime. Chris Dahlman. Derek Deese. Steve Wallace, Dave Fiore. Guy McIntyre. They wouldn't let some B***** grab or punch their C*****.

Anthony, next motherf***** that does that to you, you have my permission to pull a Conrad Dobler on they a$$

I like Anthony's fire. The kid will be fine and then some. Rachal is the one I worry about and now Staley didn't play so well.

I think the line will play more like game #2 at the end of the season than game #1 or #3.
Show them this:

If they're not ready to play football after watching it, then there's no hope.
It's all part of the TOP SECRET PLAN that Coach came up with code named "Falcon Punch".

We blew the first three games on purpose. We used Jimmy Raye as our decoy.

Johnson was the mole. He was secretly ratting out the O.C. to the press. At the same time, Johnson purposely was delaying the play calls. It is kind of interesting that the delayed calls were being relayed through him to the QB. Maybe he was doing that losing service charade that we put on when we want to get off the phone with someone immediately.

Now that Johnson is our new O.C. the final phase comes into play.

"Falcon Punches" TOP SECRET PLAN is projected to win 11 games in a row.
As sited by TOP SECRET Agent Jed York.

First phase begins Sunday.

---Samurai Mike

P.S. Don't tell anyone.
[ Edited by TheVoiceOfReason on Sep 30, 2010 at 8:24 PM ]
The f*cked up thing we got the national game this week on fox

so by halftime pretty much the whole nation will be laughing at us

saying what a joke we are

the nation - 49ers

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

the nation - 49ers

no1 laughed at us against the saints

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

the nation - 49ers

no1 laughed at us against the saints

that game seems like it happen loooooong time ago

this time they will

Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
It's all part of the TOP SECRET PLAN that Coach came up with code named "Falcon Punch".

Johnson was the mole. He was secretly ratting out the O.C. to the press. At the same time, Johnson purposely was delaying the play calls. It is kind of interesting that the delayed calls were being relayed through him to the QB. Maybe he was doing that losing service charade that we put on when we want to get off the phone with someone immediately.

---Samurai Mike

P.S. Don't tell anyone.

Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:

---Samurai Mike

P.S. Don't tell anyone.

Originally posted by wysiwyg:

It's not a mess per se. I think Davis is going to be a great lineman. Iupati, there is no doubt. That Smith guy was punching below the belt and AD gave it back. I'll take those kind of 15 yard personal fouls every day and 2X on Sunday compared to some other other stupid ones like hitting out of bounds, hitting the QB with the helmet, pass interference, etc.

Offensive lineman should be like Gogan, Larry Allen. Our 81 line, despite being small, was nasty with guys like Randy Cross and Keith Fahnhorst. Give me Newberry in his prime. Chris Dahlman. Derek Deese. Steve Wallace, Dave Fiore. Guy McIntyre. They wouldn't let some B***** grab or punch their C*****.

Anthony, next motherf***** that does that to you, you have my permission to pull a Conrad Dobler on they a$$

I like Anthony's fire. The kid will be fine and then some. Rachal is the one I worry about and now Staley didn't play so well.

I think the line will play more like game #2 at the end of the season than game #1 or #3.

So, let me get this straight...the highlight of Anthony Davis' career and the o-lne thus far is they will not allow their stones to be grabbed? It was certainly the highlight of the KC game, since there were no others...
[ Edited by Bobbi9698 on Sep 30, 2010 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

So, let me get this straight...the highlight of Anthony Davis' career and the o-lne thus far is they will not allow their stones to be grabbed? It was certainly the highlight of the KC game, since there were no others...

No, the highlight of his career is not that. The point is that I'm not getting worked up over the 15 yard penalty he gave up. He has struggled on the road but I believe that he is going just fine as a road grading / DE shutdown tackle. He is only 20.

The penalty showed the fire. Name one instance in Kwame Harris' career where he stood up for himself or a teammate.

Contrast that to Derek Deese.
Share 49ersWebzone