LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

Jed York would sell SBL's will not sell PSLs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There will be no Private Seat Licenses to help the 49ers finance their proposed new stadium in Santa Clara, team president and CEO Jed York said Tuesday night. Nope, PSLs are out. But SBLs are in.

Stadium Builders Licenses is the name for the plan the 49ers will pitch to their fan base. And the licenses will be valid for the life of the stadium, York said. York said the SBLs will allow the holders to access additional events at the stadium, which the 49ers hope to open for the 2014 NFL season. Moreover, SBL owners will be able to pass down the rights to relatives or sell them, he said.

"That's a much more valuable asset because the life doesn't end," York said. "If there's an end to that, it's like selling a lease that's about to end. It decreases in value. The SBL will be able to increase in value, so it will be an asset people can hold onto and pass it on."

When asked about the pricing and if all season-ticket holders will be required to purchase SBLs, York said the plan has yet to be finalized.

CSNBA
this is old news
Originally posted by valrod33:
this is old news

yes but I'm trying to get the word out because people are wasting their time debating if a PSL will sell or not, when the whole argument(s) is irrelevant if the organization wont even be using them.
Lets see if we can get a winning team on the field first.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
this is old news

yes but I'm trying to get the word out because people are wasting their time debating if a PSL will sell or not, when the whole argument(s) is irrelevant if the organization wont even be using them.

ahhhhh, i see, NVM then
Originally posted by global_nomad:
this is old news

ahhhhh, i see, NVM then

don't hate for trying to spread knowledge.
Doesn't matter anyways. The world is going to end in 2012 and us without a stadium...

What a guy, always looking out for the Faithful!
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Doesn't matter anyways. The world is going to end in 2012 and us without a stadium...

Make you a deal, I'll give you my entire 2011 income (so you can party hardy in 2012) for your 2013+ income.
Originally posted by rapid4:
What a guy, always looking out for the Faithful!

I'll be 29 in 2014, maybe I'll buy one hold onto it for 35 years and then sell it right before my retirement.

I'm not looking to any SL. I just want to pay for my tickets, and that's it. I know this is a pipe dream in this day and age, but I hope this option will be available. And I also don't want to see another huge jump in ticket prices. I'll pay a little more for the new stadium seats, but if it's double or more, I'll stay home, or buy a ticket from the homeboys outside the stadium.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

it doesn't matter. There has been, is, and always will be more people who will buy into hype then there are educated fans who know a losing season is assured. Further, there are a ton of people who don't really care if they win or not. They like the game experience more than a winning football team.

The type of fan who doesn't buy false hope and wishes to enforce high standards through consumership is majorly outnumbered.

The SBL's will sell or won't sell....but it will be regardless of if the Niners are winning or not.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

it doesn't matter. There has been, is, and always will be more people who will buy into hype then there are educated fans who know a losing season is assured. Further, there are a ton of people who don't really care if they win or not. They like the game experience more than a winning football team.

The type of fan who doesn't buy false hope and wishes to enforce high standards through consumership is majorly outnumbered.

The SBL's will sell or won't sell....but it will be regardless of if the Niners are winning or not.

True.
Originally posted by D_Niner:

i agree 2012
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If the team is gonna perform like this then they should pay us to watch.
Share 49ersWebzone