LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Seriously?? How difficult is it to utilize your personnel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
You have to have a qb that can make the throws consistently

therein lies the key.

Ok I can agree with that statement to an extent. But we have lacked some serious creativity on our part. Smith is very inconsitent, but has shown when given time he can find guys....

Yea, we have, but Alex and the entire team has been way too inconsistent. The inconsistency is actually the only consistency. We'll find out how much of that can be tired to the OC soon.

Sad....but true. I'm rooting for Smith but dang it I won't be mad if we start looking at drafting a qb....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

therein lies the key.

Ok I can agree with that statement to an extent. But we have lacked some serious creativity on our part. Smith is very inconsitent, but has shown when given time he can find guys....

Yea, we have, but Alex and the entire team has been way too inconsistent. The inconsistency is actually the only consistency. We'll find out how much of that can be tired to the OC soon.

Sad....but true. I'm rooting for Smith but dang it I won't be mad if we start looking at drafting a qb....

I can't wait for the day when Smith is no longer on the roster.

It will be a bright sun shiny day.

therein lies the key.

+1
Originally posted by bigmike55:

therein lies the key.

+1

Name me a qb that isn't on the roster that can lead us to the playoffs. Find me the next Payton manning and i'll sign the deal.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

therein lies the key.

+1

unless the team botches the next QB selection.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Brian Westbrook? Never heard of him
--Jimmy Raye

"I must've been asleep when we signed him."

"Brian Westbrook is Frank's Backup..OK?!"

therein lies the key.

Sometimes

+1

Some are not understanding the definition of inconsistent.
real hard when you are from a diffrent era !
Here is how we can utilize all our personel.

Ok, everybody go deep and I will hitcha.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

No kidding. Alex Smith is a major enigma, one minute his throws look good, the next minute you are wondering if he is throwing with his eyes closed.

I'm sitting just thinking of this teams offensive weapons.

Crabs, Morgan, Zeigler, Ginn (when healthy),Hill, and the rookie Williams
Gore, Westbroke, Dixon
Davis, Walker.....

Now our WR are not the greatest but do we ever move Crabs to the Slot WR??? Or why not try the speedy rookie Williams in the Slot? Why don't we run a 2 RB set with Gore and Westbrook on the field at the same time? Or put Gore and Dixon in the backfield at the same time?

Davis and Walker are mismatches for EVERY defense we face. Walker has good hands and nasty YAC. Davis can beat LB, Safetys, and CB's. I really do not understand this team? the talent is there I believe.... wtf?

I agree man. KC was a perfect example. Not a great QB but they utilized their weapons well and put their offense in positive situations. Its been like this for a while now and its so irritating. It seems likel our Receivers run go routes all day and hope Alex has time and if not dump it off.
It's difficult for this team.

therein lies the key.

agreed 100% i though just for a min in the NO game that he might have turn the page..well he did just backwards in my book.
westbrook has been in like three plays in 3 games.... Fire the whole staff even if we win the west and hire Jon Gruden
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
It's real easy on Madden...I scored 18 TDs with Vernon in his rookie year in all-pro level.
Share 49ersWebzone