There are 205 users in the forums

If I am Jed York, this is what I'm thinking . . .

Shop Find 49ers gear online
. . . right now. This is my team, my franchise. I'm not going to sell it, even though the majority of fans and local media would love me to cash out. Now, what identity do I want the 49ers to have, something that will represent me and that I, personally, want to watch and enjoy? I want an explosive offensive football team. Every team wants a great defense, so that is a given. I've already shown that I have chosen poorly in my coaching choices, so I know I NEED a competent football person (GM or whatever you want to call him) to run my football team, team operations and evaluate talent.
Starting right now, I tell M Johnson and Sing that it is M Johnson's offense, all the plays, crucial 4th downs and all, with no input from Singletary. Sing, you need to learn how to manage a game. Even leave Manusky alone to run the defense. This gives me, and possible GM, all season to see if M Johnson is possibly the next Sean Payton or not. Nobody knows how capable he is yet.
Now I look for my GM, with all the input I can get from any and all of my football connections. I might find him in mid season or at the end of the season, but I must find the right GM! Then he does his job and picks the next head coach and so forth. The only way I see Singletary staying as HC is if M Johnson's offense is creative and unstoppable and you don't want him to leave for another team. But, of course, this would be the GM's decision.
"If I am Jed York, this is what I'm thinking . . ."

But you're not.

Anyone want this thread open? Argue your case on this thread: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=146478

Thanks.

Share 49ersWebzone