Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by aman49:
sweet.

Fixed

he coming out for sure?

I dont think he will come out, especially if there is a lock out in the nfl

a lot of players wont if that happens. this is not the year to be at the top of the draft.
Originally posted by hofer36:
sweet.

Fixed

he coming out for sure?

I dont think he will come out, especially if there is a lock out in the nfl

yep he already came out...i knew he was a f*g
  • BobS
  • Veteran
As another said the previous 2-14 teams were very short on talent. Unfortunately I have been a fan long enough to have lived through all of them. The back to back 1978-79 49ers 2-14's were a result of an offense lead by a young Steve DeBerg and an over the hill O.J. Simpson, Freddie Solomon was the only skill position offensive player with talent. We all know the 2004 49ers with the 7th round draft pick 3 man QB rotation. This team has a lot more talent than those, except possibly at QB. As many Alex Smith lovers as we have had, his numbers are very similar to some of the infamous scrubs we have had playing QB here.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
sweet.

Fixed

Fixed, incase Luck doesn't come out.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
No QB that comes out in the draft next year is gonna be good. BOOK IT

We have a young QB to develop already in Nate Davis and he is hell of a lot cheaper too.

We need to bring in a veteran QB(not sure who will be available though) no more rookie QBs

It's early to predict, and historically I'm no Vick fan, but if he keeps playing at this level, what do you think the odds are that he hits the market as a FA, looking for a bigger payday than Philly will give him with Kolb waiting in the wings?

Other than that, I can't think of any high level QBs likely to be available in 2011.

Though I think McNabb is technically a FA, but with what they gave up for him, Washington will probably find a way to retain him. Other than that it's only Kyle Orton and Matt Moore I believe.

Maybe a trade?

I think Kyle Orton signed a 2 year extension this summer, i wouldnt mind him for a year though.

If Vick keeps this up i think the Eagles would be dumb not to re-sign him. Which makes Kolb available, and im not sure how i would feel about him on the Niners.

I dont want a QB picked high again especially with that ridiculous contract he would likely get
Originally posted by pd24:
sweet.

Fixed

Fixed, incase Luck doesn't come out.

uh, never seen this guy play but those mechanics look ALL wrong. Looks like a Shaun Hill pass.
Ryan Mallett=Ryan Leaf
looks like Frankenstein throwing a football.
Originally posted by jreff22:

We have a young QB to develop already in Nate Davis and he is hell of a lot cheaper too.

We need to bring in a veteran QB(not sure who will be available though) no more rookie QBs

It's early to predict, and historically I'm no Vick fan, but if he keeps playing at this level, what do you think the odds are that he hits the market as a FA, looking for a bigger payday than Philly will give him with Kolb waiting in the wings?

Other than that, I can't think of any high level QBs likely to be available in 2011.

Though I think McNabb is technically a FA, but with what they gave up for him, Washington will probably find a way to retain him. Other than that it's only Kyle Orton and Matt Moore I believe.

Maybe a trade?

If Vick keeps playing good he will get paid to stay in Philly.

True, and I think Denver gave Orton a 2 year extension so take him off that list too.

Maybe a trade?

I think Kyle Orton signed a 2 year extension this summer, i wouldnt mind him for a year though.

If Vick keeps this up i think the Eagles would be dumb not to re-sign him. Which makes Kolb available, and im not sure how i would feel about him on the Niners.

I dont want a QB picked high again especially with that ridiculous contract he would likely get

That's right, I forgot about the Orton extention, so the crop thins even more. Tough year to be searching for a QB. Unless a cap is in place for the draft picks, our options are:

A. Put all our eggs in one draft pick basket again
B. Sign a C level pro who hopefully is an upgrade over Smith/Carr
C. Start a guy (Nate Davis), who even though the board loves him, is a practice squad level guy.
D. Resign Smith
E. Trade? For who? With what?

I don't like ANY of those options at the moment. I can only hope that even if we don't have great season record-wise, that Smith really shows MAJOR improvement. I'm no Alex homer by ANY means, but I don't really see any other options.

Hopefully he does just enough to prove he's at least an decent NFL starter and we can resign him relatively cheap, and then draft a QB we don't have to pay absolute top dollar for and can develop the right way this time.
[ Edited by TexasNiner on Sep 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM ]

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Maybe a trade?

If Vick keeps playing good he will get paid to stay in Philly.

True, and I think Denver gave Orton a 2 year extension so take him off that list too.

What about Dennis Dixon??
_
I think we could possibly make a trade for him, since BIG BEN RAPE-A-BURGER will be coming back soon.

i'd take dixon in a heart beat. Doubt they let him go though.
I see us going 7-9 at this point in time. It will take until mid season for the OLine to setttle down. Ditto for Crabtree. But this team has too much talent to keep losing week after week.
He is rape insurance for Roethlisberger

Well..i think if we made a good offer...we could possibly pick him up. The only thing is he's injured right now
Share 49ersWebzone