Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Why should the public have to give corporate welfare to finance a stadium for Mult-billionnares?

because Mult-billionnares make the rules, duhhhhhhhhh

A folks who say so witha duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, are dumb as hell.

all folks who spell with with an a at the end are dumb as hell

And dummys who interpret that as such as are hopeless busters.

"dummys" is not a word, it's dummies or dummy's.

hopeless busters.......

I'll give you credit for understanding the meaning of dummy. Obviously you hear it often.

Yes I heard it a lot. I remember years ago when I was in 2nd grade all the kids were saying it. Never really heard it again till now, thanks for the flashback.
First of all, there's no IF about whether or not the team will continue to lose. That's a given. The team WILL continue to lose. And, yes, that will put a huge dent in PSL sales, which will in turn essentially torpedo the stadium project in Santa Clara.

I try to warn people about it, but they just laugh me off like a troll and say "f**k LA" as if that disproves anything I'm saying.
Originally posted by area49:
First of all, there's no IF about whether or not the team will continue to lose. That's a given. The team WILL continue to lose. And, yes, that will put a huge dent in PSL sales, which will in turn essentially torpedo the stadium project in Santa Clara.

I try to warn people about it, but they just laugh me off like a troll and say "f**k LA" as if that disproves anything I'm saying.

f**k LA!

Jk

Because literally every single post you post is like "It'll be a blessing if they move to LA." "Oh there's no chance the stadium will be a done deal they're moving to LA" or "I want them to move to LA"

Just stfu about it man. This is a team built on the tradition of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have experienced the birth and as of now, the slow bleeding dying of this team. And guess what? We WILL be back... in Santa Clara. So get off your podium. Nobody wants to hear you utter the same s**t over and over and over about something that WILL NOT HAPPEN.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Because literally every single post you post is like "It'll be a blessing if they move to LA." "Oh there's no chance the stadium will be a done deal they're moving to LA" or "I want them to move to LA"

Just stfu about it man. This is a team built on the tradition of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have experienced the birth and as of now, the slow bleeding dying of this team. And guess what? We WILL be back... in Santa Clara. So get off your podium. Nobody wants to hear you utter the same s**t over and over and over about something that WILL NOT HAPPEN.

You haven't disproved my point. Just saying it WILL NOT HAPPEN doesn't make it so.

You haven't disproved my point. Just saying it WILL NOT HAPPEN doesn't make it so.

Forecast me the lotto numbers, bud! Your ENTIRE argument is based off of assumptions!! You gotta be f**king kidding! Read your initial post. A-S-S-U-M-P-T-I-O-N. Just go away.

You just disregard the thousands and thousands of die hard fans. s**t man I'm getting a real job and guess what I'm doing? Saving money for the chance to get season tickets. And what would be REAL nice? Getting them in the brand spankin' new stadium where I WILL watch MY 49ers.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 29, 2010 at 12:10 AM ]

Forecast me the lotto numbers, bud! Your ENTIRE argument is based off of assumptions!! You gotta be f**king kidding! Read your initial post. A-S-S-U-M-P-T-I-O-N. Just go away.

No, it's not. It's based on extrapolations and educated predictions.

Which is also known as this:

A-S-S-U-M-P-T-I-O-N

Line me up some factual evidence. Hard evidence. Numbers. Now. OR GTFO!

Oh in case you missed this:
You just disregard the thousands and thousands of die hard fans. s**t man I'm getting a real job and guess what I'm doing? Saving money for the chance to get season tickets. And what would be REAL nice? Getting them in the brand spankin' new stadium where I WILL watch MY 49ers.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 29, 2010 at 12:14 AM ]
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nooj:
Originally posted by nooj:
I want a new stadium real bad but all that really matters is winning right now. I usually attend a few home games every year, but this year I will not attend a game until Mike Singletary shows me he's on the right track. Things aren't looking good right now.

You must not be too loud when you do attend.

Why would you say that? I'm probably the loudest mofo in there. Last year during mnf, some Cards fans were angry b/c I kept standing on 3rd downs. The wife was cool but the dude was steaming lol.

I'm sorry I just made an assumption that considering you wouldn't go the game unless Mike Singletary was "on track," you were a guy that would go and sit and clap quietly. It's just weird that you'd boycott this team... the more fans, the more pumped the team is. Hell, I loved going even when we'd be getting shat on in 2007. Going live is just so much better!

I'm not boycotting the players, I'm boycotting the organization. I'll root for the team every single Sunday, whether I'm at the game or not.

It seems like that's the only real way to percipitate change in this organization. And right now, I want change. Jimmy Raye was about a dozen games too late and my patience is wearing thin for Mike Singletary.

A-S-S-U-M-P-T-I-O-N

Do you HONESTLY believe that this team will still make the playoffs? If so, I have some swampland in Florida to sell to you. This season is over. Tanked. Kaput. I'll still watch and cheer, but I expect to have a top 5 pick.

And the thousands of fans don't mean s**t. You really think thousands of fans with families to feed and bills to pay will shell out thousands of dollars for an SBL for this team? You really think companies in this area are going to want to invest in this team? You really think Cedar Fair and SCPF aren't going to eventually take down the Stadium deal? If so, I recommend you take your rose-colored glasses off, my friend.

So, the Yorks aren't going to pay for this? Shovels are not in the ground? I am so shocked.

They do have pretty drawings, though.

A-S-S-U-M-P-T-I-O-N

Do you HONESTLY believe that this team will still make the playoffs? If so, I have some swampland in Florida to sell to you. This season is over. Tanked. Kaput. I'll still watch and cheer, but I expect to have a top 5 pick.

And the thousands of fans don't mean s**t. You really think thousands of fans with families to feed and bills to pay will shell out thousands of dollars for an SBL for this team? You really think companies in this area are going to want to invest in this team? You really think Cedar Fair and SCPF aren't going to eventually take down the Stadium deal? If so, I recommend you take your rose-colored glasses off, my friend.

When did I ever say we'll make the playoffs? I'm not arguing that our team will be good. Not once. You really are the worst arguer ever. And good job giving me cold hard facts. There sure were a lot of "do you really think...". Thousands and thousands of fans don't mean s**t?! Are you f**king kidding?!?! How do you just WRITE OFF AN ENTIRE FAN BASE!!! Because they're losing?! So everyone is just going to jump ship??

Why wouldn't companies want to invest in this team? IT'S A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM! Talk about a cash cow! If there's a new stadium, fans that hated Candlestick will want to get seats there. In Santa Clara, San Jose area if the transit to the stadium is as easy as getting to the Giants game the tickets will go through the roof. People hate Candlestick as a stadium. To just dismiss an entire fanbase is just blind. You truly, truly are an idiot.

Again, good job giving me hard facts about why they're leaving. And again, you just make assumption that blow off tradition and the fans. Good job, you f**king troll.

A-S-S-U-M-P-T-I-O-N

When did I ever say we'll make the playoffs? I'm not arguing that our team will be good. Not once. You really are the worst arguer ever. And good job giving me cold hard facts. There sure were a lot of "do you really think...". Thousands and thousands of fans don't mean s**t?! Are you f**king kidding?!?! How do you just WRITE OFF AN ENTIRE FAN BASE!!! Because they're losing?! So everyone is just going to jump ship??

Why wouldn't companies want to invest in this team? IT'S A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM! Talk about a cash cow! If there's a new stadium, fans that hated Candlestick will want to get seats there. In Santa Clara, San Jose area if the transit to the stadium is as easy as getting to the Giants game the tickets will go through the roof. People hate Candlestick as a stadium. To just dismiss an entire fanbase is just blind. You truly, truly are an idiot.

Again, good job giving me hard facts about why they're leaving. And again, you just make assumption that blow off tradition and the fans. Good job, you f**king troll.

I think you overestimate the devotion of football fans in general. I understand that we have devoted fans, but no one will spend thousands of dollars on a team that you admit will not be good. To be honest, I think "not good" will be a bit of an understatement.

Let's look at the worst case scenario. This team goes 0-16 and the Yorks don't fire Singletary because, well, they're the Yorks. Will you then give them thousands of dollars to pay for their new stadium? Would even the most die-hard fan?

I'm saying that, by seasons end, not all of the thousands and thousands of fans will want to buy an SBL. The few that do won't be enough to cover the money owed to the SA. Furthermore, no company will want to be associated with this team.

And just like that, the stadium deal will collapse.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Have you guys heard about Los Angeles Stadium?

Word to the wise. Want to keep your team? Buy tickets/PSLs whatever.
Originally posted by kray28:
Have you guys heard about Los Angeles Stadium?

Word to the wise. Want to keep your team? Buy tickets/PSLs whatever.

Exactly, and my point is that, after this season, no one will WANT to buy tickets or PSL's, thus forcing the stadium deal to collapse, and the team to populate that beautiful all-expenses-paid stadium shown in the website.
Share 49ersWebzone