LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Whats everyone's thoughts on...(Rosters)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cutting ties with

Lewis, Rachal, Harlason and Norris NOW.

It would open a spot on the roster for Caulcrick, Bruce Davis, Possibly Keaton Kristick and someone else.
Go for it. THe only one I'd keep on the roster is Rachal but he'd be benched. But he atleast is young and has potential as a back up. Lewis is too old and slow, Haralson is slow and sucks and doesn't do anything, and Norris kills our O and there's no point for him even being on the team. Bring Caulcrick up!
I think we should do it.

I agree with keeping Rachal though. While keeping some of the older vets can beneficial for mentoring purposes but it seems like some of these guys are starting to hurt us. I wish we would swipe Briggs back and put him of the active roster if we cut a bunch of people.
First of all, you should not cut Michael Lewis who is a veteran,a leader, and still makes plays...Moron Norris should have been cut years ago...but will any of those losers make a difference?...ummmmmmm no.
[ Edited by Bobbi9698 on Sep 28, 2010 at 10:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
First of all, you should not cut Michael Lewis who is a veteran,a leader, and still makes plays...Moron Norris should have been cut years ago...but will any of those losers make a difference?...ummmmmmm no.

The only plays Mike Lewis makes is for the other team when he fails to make a tackle on a slow 6'5'' WR and they take it to the friggin endzone(seattle where he gets owned by Mike Williams).
i still havent given up on chilo even though i think snyder should hold down the RG spot at least until somebody can take it from him.

norris.....norris can get gone
lewis......ya he can get gone too
haralson(sp).......he must have pics of somebody in the front O because even when he got those 8 sacks he was garbage (of the hot and wet kind)
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
As long as we start Mays and sit Chilo idc what else happens. And keep Smith the starter
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Cutting ties with

It would open a spot on the roster for Caulcrick, Bruce Davis, Possibly Keaton Kristick and someone else.

Hey, Ab... you must be laying low lately... it's much more peaceful in the draft forum

I would still keep Haralson, Rachal and possibly Lewis on the team. I'd like to see Davis on the team and see what he can do pass rushing wise. I think Byham has been lining up in the backfield more. I'd like to see what Caulcrick can do blocking wise but it might be too soon. As for guard maybe we should bring back Brian De La Puente.
Cutting ties with

Hi Dude. Keep Rachal but on the bench, having had a quiet word in his ear that he has until opening day next year to justify his drafting.

But the rest, yes. What a horrible year it was when we drafted Balmer and Rachal
  • ACUK
  • Veteran
Cutting ties with

I would like to get rid of Norris and move Caulcrick up to replace him, I think we need the other three on the roster as depth at least.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
No way I cut Michael Lewis or Chilo. Chilo was playing pretty good late last year, but he does need to be on the bench for right now. Michael Lewis is not the problem with our D. But, I would like to see Taylor Mays and Reggie Smith get some playing time.

Haralson should be cut, and we should bring back Briggs back. He is on the PS, and should be signed to the roster. Norris should also be cut.
It's insanely over-reactive and a horrible, horrible idea. We fired our OC after three games, what else do you want? You not only want to replace four starters (which is certainly debatable), but you want to cut them and instead of having them as competent backups in case of injury or poor performance you want to replace them with a bunch of guys who haven't even played a down in a regular season NFL game? This is why we should all be grateful that fans don't run franchises.
  • Veteran
Cutting ties with

I'll keep Rachal and demote him, get rid of the rest.
Wow! Got some lukewarm Rachal support on this 1...didn't think it was alive. Dumping whatever experience we do have on the line is not an option right now and he is still young. The mistakes he's making are by in large mental ones. The feeling around the WZ seems to be that he's hindering Davis' development, but in reality that's a 2 way street. That said, Snyder is ready to go and is a much better option at this point than Rachal and should be utilized. Might not be fair, but it is the way it is. The rookie looks like he's gonna get a little rope on this one and a move has to be made on that right side before this thing gets out of hand. That means Rachal loses this time, but if he's a true pro he'll come back better from this and rip some heads off when he gets his next chance; he could stand to get a little nastier anyway. Getting benched pissed me off, but it wasn't the end of the world. We'll see what he learns...

The rest of the moves listed I'm pretty indifferent to. We clearly have no ties to Lewis beyond this season after his re-negotiation in pre-season so we may as well cut em loose and get his replacement some game time. Could get ugly, but that's exactly what it is right now. Whether he stays or goes, I don't see us improving this year at that position. I hope I'm wrong

Haralson is another experienced player that I don't think we should cut loose at this point in time, but he can most definitely be replaced by Brooks or LaBoy and make Manny the Sam. I have a feeling we're going to be making a decision on him at the end of this season anyway. If he wants to stay on this club he'll light somebody up on special teams cuz as it stands today, that's the only card he has left to play. If he were released tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised though. Someone mentioned getting Briggs back in here

I said I was indifferent to the rest of the moves mentioned, but this next one I'm far from indifferent on: Mo's gotta go. Unless the league suddenly stops loading the box on us and we start running a sh*t load of iso plays in the running game then this guy is completely useless and I'm not entirely sure Mo's still athletic enough to get a hat on a LB out in space anyway. Caulcrick's the hungry athlete right behind em and the full back packages are easy as hell to learn (at least the ones that Mo is capable of running);no brainer. The only thing keeping em in front of Gore is Gore...this ain't a democracy
[ Edited by NatralBrnThrila on Sep 29, 2010 at 5:13 AM ]
I wonder what's going on with Norris. He was killer when he first got here. Do you think its him or the system?
Share 49ersWebzone