There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could of had?

I really would like to know why people seem to think the Yorks could have hired any of the HCs who are currently out of the game.

People seem to think just cause so and so is available doesn't mean they'd want to coach here. Especially two or three years ago. This team was in such a mess there was nothing to work with and would have been a very very painful evolution to turn the team around and would have most likely led to a black mark on an otherwise stellar career.

Now that the team is out of salary cap hell and has a talented core group there is something to work with and only has upsides when properly coached and utilized.
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
Walsh would have wanted us to hire Denny Green.
Shaj can talk to the dead Shaj can you ask MJ if he really did touch those boys?
Originally posted by Shaj:

...but we let him off the hook!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Shaj:

...but we let him off the hook!

lol
Wow folks it has come down to this.....??? (pandemonium) Remember the 2005 draft i will never forget it.....and the San Francisco 49ers pick Aaron Rodgers &^$% wait NOOOOOO Freaking Alex smith Wow Bill Walsh must b furious in his grave [/b]
Holmgren as GM
Shanahan
Pete Carroll
Haley (who just beat us)
etc, etc.

Now people are gonna want Cowher or Gruden. Yeah, they have super bowls, but I don't believe they are the answer. Gruden won with Dungy's team and then slowly got worse from there. Cowher did get to two superbowls and won one. But it is going to boil down to the staffs they can assemble -- and most of their loyal staffs are now long gone in other directions.

As we have just experienced for 8 years -- OC & DC are critical to success.

Lastly, I don't think our front office has the talent or will to go through a successful head coaching search. They seem to prefer week HC's that won't threaten the inexperience of management.