Did you drink the Kool-Aid?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did you drink the Kool-Aid?

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
I NEVER LIKED THE HIRE

^^^Just Be Glad This MuthaFuka Didn't Pour It Up
Originally posted by HessianDud:

I liked the hire, and still like the hire, but I'm incredibly disappointed that Sing has not developed as a coach in 2.5 years.

he's the Alex Smith of coaching.
Originally posted by susweel:
I liked the hire at the time but grew to realize that he's all talk.

This!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I liked the hire, and still like the hire, but I'm incredibly disappointed that Sing has not developed as a coach in 2.5 years.

You're the Alex Smith of posters.

lol.
[ Edited by Method on Sep 29, 2010 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I hated Sing at first, started to sip at the Kool-aid, took a big swig in preseason, felt great about the team, even though I hated the draft. Started thinking play offs now I'm kinda pissed, yet somehow optimistic about Mike Johnson, for no real reason, I just feel good about Raye leaving, hell where is my Kool-aid!

Go Niners! 10-6 and in the play offs!!

Couldn't vote as none applied to me. I drank, swigged, swirled and NOW i'm gagging... trying to vomit every last drop. I am off his bandwagon, just fuh-get about it.
He's not HC material... minister, counselor or LB coach at very least. I am thoroughly convinced that he has no clue how to evaluate talent and adapt to a pro football team, nor utilize for that matter. Whatever we do or accomplish for the remainder of the season, it will be in spite of him and have more to do w/ what MJ brings to the table.
I rarely vent, but all i do is shake my head at this guy- he has the best intentions, but that doesn't compensate for HC experience.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I liked the hire at the time but grew to realize that he's all talk.

This
Not coming into this season.

I remember all these people believing Sing when he said he wanted "balance" and blah blah blah.

I was always concerned that his 1980s mindset was gonna f**k us up again this year...and guess what? It did.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

You're the Alex Smith of posters.

so according to most, I'm the G.O.A.T. Thank you very much.

Originally posted by ObePwnD:
How about, loved the hire from day one but now I don't.

Fixed!
Nope.

Was highly skeptical about his X's and O's.

Either he developed into an excellent game strategist (unlikely) or he he hired or surrounded himself with one. He didn't.

Martz would have been the perfect counter-balance to him, but in the end, his oversized ego won't let him. He always said its his "philosophy" but it is really his ego about this b.s. "physical" style of football.

Dumb, un-entertaining football which is not the 49er way of playing football.

No, but I am the ultimate pessimist. But usually my pessimism is right-on.
Originally posted by backontop:
Kind of ironic that the guy that is all talk came up with the phrase "don't tell me show me"

I was taken in by his desire. I was hoping a strong supporting cast would offset his lack of knowledge with regards to time management, etc. It's obvious he doesn't know what he doesn't know.
I thought he said have stayed assistant head coach. Hire an X's and O's offensive coach like Holmgren and have Singletary as motivator.

It's funny, when Jed hired Singletary and said we were no longer done is Dec, I didn't think he meant we were going to be done in Sept.

This is a MUST win weekend!! With as weak as our division is, we still have a chance with a win.
Originally posted by MBniner:

So what you're saying, is that you're optimistic about your your pessimism?
Originally posted by sincalniner:
Originally posted by MBniner:

So what you're saying, is that you're optimistic about your your pessimism?

Not just optimistic, but factually correct.
Share 49ersWebzone