There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Article by Ann killion 49ers

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by kray28:
Some of the smartest sports fans I have known were women.

Knew football Xs and Os better than 95% of the guys on this site.

One played basketball and taught me most of my strategic understanding of that game.

u need some new friends dude.

You need to meet some women with brains.

No I need women to give me brains

If that's the same as getting head, sign me up.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I'm going to give Jed York a little more slack. I think he takes a beating over his last name more than anything. He's still relatively new to his role and will encounter some bumps in the road, such as this one. I'm not saying I support him fully by any means, but I'm not ready to call for his head either. Better him running the show than his parents.

True. Also, he is part of the ownership group, so nothing changes there. I believe Jed York made the right move when he let go of Nolan. Singletary was the obvious choice from within the org, mid-season. After last season, Singletary seemed pretty good, even though the 49ers only beat some mediocre teams. He will probably learn from this experience.
Singletary and Alex are surely on the hot seat. If we go 0-5 or 1-8 or whatever, mid-season we don't have any choice but to continue with the Head Coach.
I believe both will be let go end of this season.
Sad part is, back to rebuilding...again.
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
MAN..I knew this Hiring was gonna backfire..We should've waited to see the market..Now we missed on Shanahan, Holmgren, the only possibiltiy if Sing and Johnson fail is Gruden..

I miss the 80's & 90's 49ers..when we had a vision

There's Cowher!
Originally posted by GhostOfKezar:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
MAN..I knew this Hiring was gonna backfire..We should've waited to see the market..Now we missed on Shanahan, Holmgren, the only possibiltiy if Sing and Johnson fail is Gruden..

I miss the 80's & 90's 49ers..when we had a vision

There's Cowher!

Cowher's a east coast guy. He won't relocate out west.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I'm going to give Jed York a little more slack. I think he takes a beating over his last name more than anything. He's still relatively new to his role and will encounter some bumps in the road, such as this one. I'm not saying I support him fully by any means, but I'm not ready to call for his head either. Better him running the show than his parents.

Hey what do you know....a voice of reason in NT..
The article has a FEW valid points, but this part is poor reasoning.:

Quote:
By handing the offensive coordinator job to quarterbacks coach Mike Johnson, the 49ers now have awarded the three most important jobs in their football operations based on proximity inside the building, not qualification.
Singletary got his job midway through 2008 when Mike Nolan was fired.
Trent Baalke got his job last spring when general manager Scot McCloughan was fired.
Johnson now has a job because Raye was fired.
Add in an owner, Jed York, who was handed the team by his parents at age 27, and a quarterback, Alex Smith, whose main qualification seems to be that he represents a huge financial investment, and the 49ers are 5-for-5 in important positions filled through means other than expertise.

This is why: 99.9% of the coaching staffs and management in the NFL were hired because someone else was fired. Because the 49ers are losing, the "most important" people on the team were hired because someone else was fired? How many times was Bill Bellichek fired? Remember Pete Carroll? How about Mike Shannahan? The only coach I know of off the top of my head that wasn't named coach because someone wasn't fired is Jim Caldwell in Indy. He was hired when Dungy retired. I also noticed that she failed to mention the actual supposed strength of this team, the defense. Greg Manusky isn't exactly doing a great job, either. Make no mistake about it, though, that KC coaching staff is awesome. Of course, their staff is made up of fired coaches as well. If McClueless and No-land had known a thing or two about QB's none of this would have happened. They dug this hole and the current staff bears the task of working and failing with their mistakes. A good QB can mask a lot of a team's weaknesses. Just ask AZ.
[ Edited by doncmleon on Sep 28, 2010 at 9:01 PM ]
Im done with this crap. Three games in and im already hoping for a High Draft Pick Next year. The more I think about it, I hope we clean house the week the season is over regardless of how many wins or even making the playoff. Clean House Big Time, Coaching Staff (everyone) gone! Front Office and recruiting gone! A. Smith, Spikes, Clements, Lewis, Lawson, Harylson, and Chilo all gone!

Sing put himself on the hot set and right now its red hot. I'll give him one way out of all this, win the superbowl this year, you win the superbowl and i will believe all the crap you have been feeding us up until this point. Come on coach, don't tell me, show me, I want winners and I as a fan also want players and coaches who want to win and do whatever it takes to win.
Why do you people believe this crap. Ann Killion has played on how mabny football team? How many teams has she coached? -0- The only reason these people get these jobs writting this crap is because they are to lazy to work and to dumb to steal!
Yup, that article was ugly and true, but tell us something we dont know, and who does this chick think she is anyway to S**t all over our team like that, we arent the worst team in the league.
singletary had better learn some x's and o's fast, and maybe some freakin y's and z's too. he needs all the help he can get at this point, however it's still up to the players to play and 0-3 with a few flashes here and there aint gonna get it
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Yup, that article was ugly and true, but tell us something we dont know, and who does this chick think she is anyway to S**t all over our team like that, we arent the worst team in the league.

Nope, just tied for worst.
Take away the garbage-time touchdown and we move from second least points scored, to least. And we're tied for most points allowed. At this point in the season, we are the worst team in football.
Originally posted by rudedog:
Why do you people believe this crap. Ann Killion has played on how mabny football team? How many teams has she coached? -0- The only reason these people get these jobs writting this crap is because they are to lazy to work and to dumb to steal!

Annie makes 6 digits with the first not necessarily an 1. She has Ivy league degree. Respected nationally.

You?
Originally posted by jed_york:

Annie makes 6 digits with the first not necessarily an 1. She has Ivy league degree. Respected nationally.

You?

So while she was getting her ivy league degree did she play any football or do any coaching? I work with alot of school teachers and they have degrees and I sometimes wonder who ties their shoes in the morning. They think they know alot also. Just because someone make big bucks doesn't mean they really know anything. They hire her because idiots like you believe their crap.
Originally posted by jed_york:

You?

So while she was getting her ivy league degree did she play any football or do any coaching? I work with alot of school teachers and they have degrees and I sometimes wonder who ties their shoes in the morning. They think they know alot also. Just because someone make big bucks doesn't mean they really know anything. They hire her because idiots like you believe their crap.

Did she say anything wrong ? or her assesment wrong ?