LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Article by Ann killion 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i swear everyday it gets more embarrasing
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Ann Killion is so damn annoying, but after reading that...how can you argue. We are in bad shape.

exactly. I don't see what all the outrage is about? She's just telling it like it is. I guess some people don't like to hear it. Like how they get all butt hurt when someone says Alex blows.

Yeah, the article is on point. I don't see much outrage in this thread, just the wolves being wolves.

Damn Syber, two seconds apart.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

ohhhhhhhh THAT guy

I started playing basketball when I was an older teen....the person who helped me learn the basics (reads and actions)....a girl. She was pretty (and damn good at basketball too).
[ Edited by kray28 on Sep 28, 2010 at 3:51 PM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by valrod33:

ohhhhhhhh THAT guy

I started playing basketball when I was an older teen....the person who helped me learn the basics (reads and actions)....a girl. She was pretty (and damn good at basketball too).

i dont believe that she is pretty unless you provide pics, in my mind she is a huge butch lesbian with a mustache
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i've said it before and will say it again for the millionth time... the dorks are looking for a way out of SF and into LA. they're in no way about winning. if they were about winning they would hire somebody with coaching history. not these numbnuts whom are bunch of idiots. 1st you fire a coach over the phone then hire a drunk, then hire a noname defensive coordinator whom nobody in the world have had heard of and then now paying for a name in Mike Singletary.

simply the dorks don't want a coach with a good track record for they would have to pay them and if they don't pay that coach i.e Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden and others then the mass sports media and fans will bring negativity to the Dorks. this way the blames are only put on the lame duck coaches. sad shiite. take the team to LA and leave us the 49ers name to SF. fcuk off areholes.

Lets me get this straight. Jed handed out over 40 million in guaranteed cash on the extensions to Willis and Davis. But you think he's too cheap to give 6-7 million to a coach like Grudan?

Jed made his first mistake hiring Singletary because he got caught in all the emotions of our 5-4 finish two years ago. He'll have hit shot to redeem himself after the season.

Please correct me or help me elaborate if you can.

But, I was under the impression that the money paid out to players is less of the owners money and more of the 49ers share of the NFL salary pool for the players.

And the money for coaches is more directly linked to the owners wallet.

It is my understanding that cheap owners are not called cheap owners because of player contracts, but because of......

-pattern of hiring cheaper staffs
-spending less money in the areas where the NFL has no governance...e.g. making players pay for their own water
-unwilling to help pay for stadium

I believe you are correct.

By the way, the article speaks the truth.

-9fA
Some of the smartest sports fans I have known were women.

Knew football Xs and Os better than 95% of the guys on this site.

One played basketball and taught me most of my strategic understanding of that game.

u need some new friends dude.

You need to meet some women with brains.

I might as well search for the chupacabra and bigfoot while I'm at it.

I've been to the Bay Area often enough to know that there are plenty of smart girls there.

Maybe they all ran away when they realized the place was full of misogynists?

The Bay Area is full of doctors that deliver babies? No wonder it's so expensive.

LMAO

This thread now has potential, maybe I shouldn't read it backwards.

-9fA
Ooooohhh. Truth hurts don't it. This organization has done nothing but trip over its feet and walk around blindly since since Eddie D lost it. That was 10 years ago, what makes everyone think that it's going to get turned around. This organization badly needs a Holmgren or Parcells to come in and take over. The only thing I want the Yorks to do is write checks. Jed has his heart in the right place but he's only 27 and wet behind the ear. Leave it to people that know how to run it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sing and even more so the DORKS are the real problem. They just wanted a "fall guy" to get some more cover and buy themselves a few more games before the fan base explodes. But what will they say after 0 - 5?

Go outside, find something else to do, seriously. You even drop negative posts in the picture threads! There has to be more to life, right?
When did this beezy start writing for SI? This piece is accurate, but provides no new info.

Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Ann Killion is so damn annoying, but after reading that...how can you argue. We are in bad shape.

exactly. I don't see what all the outrage is about? She's just telling it like it is. I guess some people don't like to hear it. Like how they get all butt hurt when someone says Alex blows.

Perfect... The AS butt lovin will continue while we will never see what Nate can do.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Sing and even more so the DORKS are the real problem. They just wanted a "fall guy" to get some more cover and buy themselves a few more games before the fan base explodes. But what will they say after 0 - 5?

Go outside, find something else to do, seriously. You even drop negative posts in the picture threads! There has to be more to life, right?

No
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

No
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i've said it before and will say it again for the millionth time... the dorks are looking for a way out of SF and into LA. they're in no way about winning. if they were about winning they would hire somebody with coaching history. not these numbnuts whom are bunch of idiots. 1st you fire a coach over the phone then hire a drunk, then hire a noname defensive coordinator whom nobody in the world have had heard of and then now paying for a name in Mike Singletary.

simply the dorks don't want a coach with a good track record for they would have to pay them and if they don't pay that coach i.e Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden and others then the mass sports media and fans will bring negativity to the Dorks. this way the blames are only put on the lame duck coaches. sad shiite. take the team to LA and leave us the 49ers name to SF. fcuk off areholes.

Lets me get this straight. Jed handed out over 40 million in guaranteed cash on the extensions to Willis and Davis. But you think he's too cheap to give 6-7 million to a coach like Grudan?

Jed made his first mistake hiring Singletary because he got caught in all the emotions of our 5-4 finish two years ago. He'll have hit shot to redeem himself after the season.

Please correct me or help me elaborate if you can.

But, I was under the impression that the money paid out to players is less of the owners money and more of the 49ers share of the NFL salary pool for the players.

And the money for coaches is more directly linked to the owners wallet.

It is my understanding that cheap owners are not called cheap owners because of player contracts, but because of......

-pattern of hiring cheaper staffs
-spending less money in the areas where the NFL has no governance...e.g. making players pay for their own water
-unwilling to help pay for stadium

I believe you are correct.

By the way, the article speaks the truth.

-9fA

I felt it was a bad omen at the time when Dr. York put a lock on the gatorade ice-box. If I remember correctly, the good doctor did it himself (even if he didn't it makes for a better story.) Nothing like hands-on ownership.
that article is RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!!

Man, you should of heard this guy from SI Magazine on the Opening Drive this morning. He said Raye and Sing were trying to run a 70's style Offense that was doomed to fail in an age of Scheme and game preparation. He also said Raye was Sing's fall guy.

It's not just local but nationally we, Sing, the whole Organization is being held up to the light for all to see. A damn shame but right now, a necessary evil that I approve of fully.

[ Edited by ObePwnD on Sep 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone