LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Article by Ann killion 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i've said it before and will say it again for the millionth time... the dorks are looking for a way out of SF and into LA. they're in no way about winning. if they were about winning they would hire somebody with coaching history. not these numbnuts whom are bunch of idiots. 1st you fire a coach over the phone then hire a drunk, then hire a noname defensive coordinator whom nobody in the world have had heard of and then now paying for a name in Mike Singletary.

simply the dorks don't want a coach with a good track record for they would have to pay them and if they don't pay that coach i.e Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden and others then the mass sports media and fans will bring negativity to the Dorks. this way the blames are only put on the lame duck coaches. sad shiite. take the team to LA and leave us the 49ers name to SF. fcuk off areholes.

Lets me get this straight. Jed handed out over 40 million in guaranteed cash on the extensions to Willis and Davis. But you think he's too cheap to give 6-7 million to a coach like Grudan?

Jed made his first mistake hiring Singletary because he got caught in all the emotions of our 5-4 finish two years ago. He'll have hit shot to redeem himself after the season.

Please correct me or help me elaborate if you can.

But, I was under the impression that the money paid out to players is less of the owners money and more of the 49ers share of the NFL salary pool for the players.

And the money for coaches is more directly linked to the owners wallet.

It is my understanding that cheap owners are not called cheap owners because of player contracts, but because of......

-pattern of hiring cheaper staffs
-spending less money in the areas where the NFL has no governance...e.g. making players pay for their own water
-unwilling to help pay for stadium
Originally posted by kray28:
Some of the smartest sports fans I have known were women.

Knew football Xs and Os better than 95% of the guys on this site.

One played basketball and taught me most of my strategic understanding of that game.

u need some new friends dude.

One played basketball and taught me most of my strategic understanding of that game.

i dont believe you
the only time that stank snatch and lowell-conehead-bonerhead has anything... to save their jobs is when they write about our mishaps.

that might not be accurate but that's what i think of those lame f***s
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
MAN..I knew this Hiring was gonna backfire..We should've waited to see the market..Now we missed on Shanahan, Holmgren, the only possibiltiy if Sing and Johnson fail is Gruden..

I miss the 80's & 90's 49ers..when we had a vision

For now, I think Gruden likes the celebrity of being on national TV every Monday night a lot more than coaching for suspect owners in the worst stadium in the league. It would take a ton of money to get Gruden here, and with the third lowest revenue stream in the league, I don't see the Yorks parting with that kind of cash. The revenue stream will not get bigger until they get into a new place and with a lockout almost certain, they will be a major cash bind.

Didn't Gruden get fired due to his affinity for over-the-hill QB's and his unfriendly approach to his own players, which had them hating him in the locker room? No thanks.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i've said it before and will say it again for the millionth time... the dorks are looking for a way out of SF and into LA. they're in no way about winning. if they were about winning they would hire somebody with coaching history. not these numbnuts whom are bunch of idiots. 1st you fire a coach over the phone then hire a drunk, then hire a noname defensive coordinator whom nobody in the world have had heard of and then now paying for a name in Mike Singletary.

simply the dorks don't want a coach with a good track record for they would have to pay them and if they don't pay that coach i.e Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden and others then the mass sports media and fans will bring negativity to the Dorks. this way the blames are only put on the lame duck coaches. sad shiite. take the team to LA and leave us the 49ers name to SF. fcuk off areholes.

Lets me get this straight. Jed handed out over 40 million in guaranteed cash on the extensions to Willis and Davis. But you think he's too cheap to give 6-7 million to a coach like Grudan?

Jed made his first mistake hiring Singletary because he got caught in all the emotions of our 5-4 finish two years ago. He'll have hit shot to redeem himself after the season.

Please correct me or help me elaborate if you can.

But, I was under the impression that the money paid out to players is less of the owners money and more of the 49ers share of the NFL salary pool for the players.

And the money for coaches is more directly linked to the owners wallet.

It is my understanding that cheap owners are not called cheap owners because of player contracts, but because of......

-pattern of hiring cheaper staffs
-spending less money in the areas where the NFL has no governance...e.g. making players pay for their own water
-unwilling to help pay for stadium

I believe you are correct. And though they may be cheap, remember when they fired Erickson and Donahue. Donahue had just signed a large guaranteed extension. They move when they are forced to do so.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Woman shouldn't be worried about sports, they should be in the kitchen cooking our dinner.

Haha
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

You need to meet some women with brains.
Originally posted by susweel:

Woman shouldn't be worried about sports, they should be in the kitchen cooking our dinner.

Haha

i knew you would back me up on this one
  • Otter
  • Veteran

I might as well search for the chupacabra and bigfoot while I'm at it.

Ang warning in 3...2...
[ Edited by Otter on Sep 28, 2010 at 3:41 PM ]

• kray28
  • Veteran
Really. There's something to be backed up here?

LMAO.
Originally posted by Otter:

Ang warning in 3...2...

yea, hook it up brotha. But they can't look like bigfoot.
  • kray28
  • Veteran

I've been to the Bay Area often enough to know that there are plenty of smart girls there.

Maybe they all ran away when they realized the place was full of misogynists?
Ann Killion is so damn annoying, but after reading that...how can you argue. We are in bad shape.
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 28, 2010 at 3:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone