LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 351 users in the forums

Article by Ann killion 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
MAN..I knew this Hiring was gonna backfire..We should've waited to see the market..Now we missed on Shanahan, Holmgren, the only possibiltiy if Sing and Johnson fail is Gruden..

I miss the 80's & 90's 49ers..when we had a vision

For now, I think Gruden likes the celebrity of being on national TV every Monday night a lot more than coaching for suspect owners in the worst stadium in the league. It would take a ton of money to get Gruden here, and with the third lowest revenue stream in the league, I don't see the Yorks parting with that kind of cash. The revenue stream will not get bigger until they get into a new place and with a lockout almost certain, they will be a major cash bind.
Originally posted by ritchie:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
that article is RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!!

Why don't you marry her, then?

what does she look like? Credit score?

Beastly. Credit Score in the low 500s.

denied.

Butt. 850.

Wa Waa...

Butt. 850.

we'd be the credit scores tom brady and giselle buttchins only no where near as hot. I'll have to think about it.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
she is a woman talking about sports, her argument is invalid

Ann Killion's been covering sports longer than you've been alive most probably.
is there anything in that article that any of you actually disagree with?
Originally posted by kray28:

i doubt it
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i've said it before and will say it again for the millionth time... the dorks are looking for a way out of SF and into LA. they're in no way about winning. if they were about winning they would hire somebody with coaching history. not these numbnuts whom are bunch of idiots. 1st you fire a coach over the phone then hire a drunk, then hire a noname defensive coordinator whom nobody in the world have had heard of and then now paying for a name in Mike Singletary.

simply the dorks don't want a coach with a good track record for they would have to pay them and if they don't pay that coach i.e Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden and others then the mass sports media and fans will bring negativity to the Dorks. this way the blames are only put on the lame duck coaches. sad shiite. take the team to LA and leave us the 49ers name to SF. fcuk off areholes.

Lets me get this straight. Jed handed out over 40 million in guaranteed cash on the extensions to Willis and Davis. But you think he's too cheap to give 6-7 million to a coach like Grudan?

Jed made his first mistake hiring Singletary because he got caught in all the emotions of our 5-4 finish two years ago. He'll have hit shot to redeem himself after the season.
  • kray28
  • Veteran

I think it's the same "sky is falling" stuff we got from Lowell Cohn.

Only problem with it that I have is that these people were nowhere to be heard from just three weeks ago.

Now suddenly they are wise purveyors of hindsight.

There was always reason for skepticism with this coach and the team. They hadn't proven anything.

Turns out the NFC West is a lousy division -- one currently made even worse by the 49ers presence.

this part
  • kray28
  • Veteran

i doubt it

Regardless, your statement is idiotic.

i doubt it

Regardless, your statement is idiotic.

ha
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i've said it before and will say it again for the millionth time... the dorks are looking for a way out of SF and into LA. they're in no way about winning. if they were about winning they would hire somebody with coaching history. not these numbnuts whom are bunch of idiots. 1st you fire a coach over the phone then hire a drunk, then hire a noname defensive coordinator whom nobody in the world have had heard of and then now paying for a name in Mike Singletary.

simply the dorks don't want a coach with a good track record for they would have to pay them and if they don't pay that coach i.e Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden and others then the mass sports media and fans will bring negativity to the Dorks. this way the blames are only put on the lame duck coaches. sad shiite. take the team to LA and leave us the 49ers name to SF. fcuk off areholes.

Lets me get this straight. Jed handed out over 40 million in guaranteed cash on the extensions to Willis and Davis. But you think he's too cheap to give 6-7 million to a coach like Grudan?

Jed made his first mistake hiring Singletary because he got caught in all the emotions of our 5-4 finish two years ago. He'll have hit shot to redeem himself after the season.

THANK YOU!!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Some of the smartest sports fans I have known were women.

Knew football Xs and Os better than 95% of the guys on this site.

One played basketball and taught me most of my strategic understanding of that game.
Share 49ersWebzone