LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Snyder

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
The online played horrendous against Seattle with Chilo Rachal at RG. Then he was injured and Snyder filled in at RG and the online played very well against NO. We all know what happened against KC when Rachal started at RG. I'm not sure if the Oline just played better because Snyder is better than Rachal or if it was a fluke. One thing I do know is I would like to find out. Snyder should start at RG against ATL. The Oline play can't get any worse than when Rachal is at RG. What is your opinion on it? Should Snyder be thrown in at RG?

Yes, because Chilo Rachal blows.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Synder had his first good game in a long time and all of sudden he's Logan Mankins. Newsflash, he's mediocre just like Chilo.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Synder had his first good game in a long time and all of sudden he's Logan Mankins. Newsflash, he's mediocre just like Chilo.

news flash! he played a lot better than Chilo Rachal has in any game that he has played in thus far this season.
I don't understand why Rachal is still on the field. It has been obvious that he is garbage for a very long time now. DeSean Jackson, DeSean Jackson, DeSean Jackson!!!!!!!

Newsflash: Snyder has been stinking it up at tackle, not guard. He goes in at guard and does well.

By the way, Chilo is below mediocre.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Newsflash: Snyder has been stinking it up at tackle, not guard. He goes in at guard and does well.

That's absolutely not accurate.

He played some guard a few years ago. Looks at the sacks given up.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7270&team=25
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

news flash! he played a lot better than Chilo Rachal has in any game that he has played in thus far this season.

That's true. But that doesn't the change the fact that Synder has been severely overrated based off ONE game.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Heitman in at guard for Rachel when he is healthy. It will be all about getting the best 5 on the field.

I meant he goes in at guard THIS YEAR, not every time he's been in at guard. I don't care how anyone played a couple years ago.

Alex Smith looked decent last year, does that matter this year? Obviously not.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Sep 29, 2010 at 5:51 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

I meant he goes in at guard THIS YEAR, not every time he's been in at guard. I don't care how anyone played a couple years ago.

He's started only one game THIS year, wow that's such a huge sample size. Now your just grasping at straws.

He's started only one game THIS year, wow that's such a huge sample size. Now your just grasping at straws.

Look, Chilo sucks and needs to be replaced. Plain and simple. Snyder did a good job in week 2, so I say they give him a shot. You're assuming I think he will be good all year long based on one game. That's not the case. I just don't think he'll do any worse than Chilo and I'd rather see him in there. I'm not making him out to be a pro bowl guard or anything of the sort, just someone that is better than Chilo.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Sep 29, 2010 at 6:14 PM ]

Let's put it this way. Chilo has had 2 chances to have a good game and failed on both. Snyder was given 1 chance to have a good game and he succeeded. No grasping at straws here. Just common sense.
Share 49ersWebzone