There are 222 users in the forums

The NFL's # 1 Defense Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BenQ:
when the offense can't score for s**t, it's hard for a defense to pin their ears back and tee off. f**k you mike, f**k...you. you dumb motherf**ker

you need to open up. tell us what you really think.
Originally posted by Shaj:
We have a good defense, but it also got some of their stats in bunches against bad teams. We are not as good as our ranking last year, but we are still pretty good. I think Haralson needs to get bumped for Brooks though. I'm not totally sold on Sopoaga either. If all we need him to do is hold the line of attack, I guess he's doing his job, but we are getting a lot more production out of his counterpart, Justin Smith.

The funny thing is, if we could have hired and kept Nolan as our DEFENSIVE coach, we'd be even better. It turns out he is a really good defensive coach. I always thought he was in the right place at the right time with Baltimore, but it looks like he deserves some credit.

Its not funny at all Shaj. I don't want Mike Nolan anywhere near this football team.
If I could have a football team restraining order it would be to Mike Nolan to stay away...stay far far far faaaaaaaaaaaaar away.
The D is ok but get put into bad positions.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 28, 2010 at 2:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Shaj:
We have a good defense, but it also got some of their stats in bunches against bad teams. We are not as good as our ranking last year, but we are still pretty good. I think Haralson needs to get bumped for Brooks though. I'm not totally sold on Sopoaga either. If all we need him to do is hold the line of attack, I guess he's doing his job, but we are getting a lot more production out of his counterpart, Justin Smith.

The funny thing is, if we could have hired and kept Nolan as our DEFENSIVE coach, we'd be even better. It turns out he is a really good defensive coach. I always thought he was in the right place at the right time with Baltimore, but it looks like he deserves some credit.

You are one of the main reason why I think the 49er fanbase has become a joke and lacks football knowledge. You think Mike Nolan is a good coach, that is plain silly. The jets with Mark freakin sanchez chewed up the dolphin defense. SHAJ, YOU DONT KNOW FOOTBALL.
Originally posted by nyc49erking:
You know a team sucks when your two starting wrs run 4.7 in the 40 yard dash.

That's actually true. Very sad.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

didn't Jerry Rice run a 4.7?

to google!!!!

nope 4.59
[ Edited by backontop on Sep 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by backontop:

to google!!!!

nope 4.59

he ran a 4.3 during the actuall game...the fanbase is lame...lacks football knowledge
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Crabtree never ran a 40.
Originally posted by backontop:

to google!!!!

nope 4.59

he ran a 4.3 during the actuall game...the fanbase is lame...lacks football knowledge

fanbase lacks knowledge?? his combine 40 was 4.59 there buddy!
Originally posted by Hopper:
Crabtree never ran a 40.

I dont need to see him run the 40, watching the game tells me all i need to know.

Originally posted by Hopper:
Crabtree never ran a 40.

thats what kept him from going to oakland
Originally posted by BenQ:
when the offense can't score for s**t, it's hard for a defense to pin their ears back and tee off. f**k you mike, f**k...you. you dumb motherf**ker

This. Except I don't want a warning so I'll quote him.

You have the memory of Brittney Spears baby.
[ Edited by TheVoiceOfReason on Sep 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
We never get to see our D with a 10+ point lead. They're always in the position of trying to stop us from getting blown out and its not really fair to them. I think they're top 10 at home and good on the road. They're overhyped and they get no run support so its whatever.
Wake up people. The defense sucks and Willis is overrated. Hes not Ray Lewis.
Wake up people. The defense sucks and Willis is overrated. Hes not Ray Lewis.

Share 49ersWebzone