LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

The NFL's # 1 Defense Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For how many years are going to keep saying this defense is good ? They never stop a good passing team, never get any pass rush on the opposing qb, and THEY CANT EVER STOP A TEAM IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, EVER.

This defense has let us down, time after time, after time. Everybody loves Willis, but the brother cant even recognize a simply screen pass play. The heat needs to be put on the defensive players and Manusky, his job should not be safe either. They dont produce in the future, send them all home.
You're my new favorite poster.
Originally posted by ritchie:

How come your favorites don't last longer than a week?
the 49ers defense doesn't suck but they are overhyped IMHO. They are inconsistent in pressuring the QB, suck and I mean SUCK against screens and swing passes to RB's and the Safeties are never in position to prevent the big play. The only thing they have going is being pretty good against the run.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ritchie:

How come your favorites don't last longer than a week?

LMAOOOOOOOO
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
where's nycTHREADking? i'm hoping for a check and mate to this king.
Originally posted by nyc49erking:
For how many years are going to keep saying this defense is good ? They never stop a good passing team, never get any pass rush on the opposing qb, and THEY CANT EVER STOP A TEAM IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, EVER.

This defense has let us down, time after time, after time. Everybody loves Willis, but the brother cant even recognize a simply screen pass play. The heat needs to be put on the defensive players and Manusky, his job should not be safe either. They dont produce in the future, send them all home.

I agree with the premise of your post but there is not much any ILB can do if cover 2 is called and he has deep middle responsibility besides some how get passed 2 unblocked linemen running full speed at him (who have been coached all week to make sure he is the first person they look to block) and make a tackle 5 yards past the LOS. The only way to stop screen passes is for the Dline or blitzers to recognize it and either get to the QB before it can develop or to drop back into coverage and cover the RB. Basically what the Cheifs did to our screens and Alex was forced to throw it at Gore's feet. BTW, ALex actually had 2 other screen passes where he over threw Gore on one of them and Westbrook on the other.

Originally posted by backontop:
the 49ers defense doesn't suck but they are overhyped IMHO. They are inconsistent in pressuring the QB, suck and I mean SUCK against screens and swing passes to RB's and the Safeties are never in position to prevent the big play. The only thing they have going is being pretty good against the run.

Majority of niners fan just b***h and complain about Alex Smith. Its beyond annoying now, the team is not good at all.
Make em say uhhhh... na na na na
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
when the offense can't score for s**t, it's hard for a defense to pin their ears back and tee off. f**k you mike, f**k...you. you dumb motherf**ker
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
We have a good defense, but it also got some of their stats in bunches against bad teams. We are not as good as our ranking last year, but we are still pretty good. I think Haralson needs to get bumped for Brooks though. I'm not totally sold on Sopoaga either. If all we need him to do is hold the line of attack, I guess he's doing his job, but we are getting a lot more production out of his counterpart, Justin Smith.

The funny thing is, if we could have hired and kept Nolan as our DEFENSIVE coach, we'd be even better. It turns out he is a really good defensive coach. I always thought he was in the right place at the right time with Baltimore, but it looks like he deserves some credit.
You know a team sucks when your two starting wrs run 4.7 in the 40 yard dash.
Share 49ersWebzone