A.Smith needs some swaggggggg

Originally posted by MONTANA9ERFAN:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Alex smith needs a better production form the O-line and OC. Also needs hit players in the numbers.

this he may not be too accurate but all his passes are catchable also OC is way to predictible i mean i can even tell what the play is by the formation and how they line up most of the time im sure other teams with acuall gametape can do much better

exactly. Saints game for example, line gave him time and Raye's play calling was excellent and look how he did. It all starts with the O-line.

Same ole Alex Smith, looks good to decent at home, with a moral victory, but looks like a scared little boy on the road.

Time to move on from the Alexpierement!!!!

look i dont wanna sound like an alex homer but i dont think he is the problem i think it is coaching

the problem with us that we dont have a plan we have a scheme A unfortuantly if that doesnt work we get lost and dont have a scheme B

look at the seahawks and cheifs game for example scheme A did not work at all and we didnt have a scheme B we totally got dominated and looked lost on the field

then look at the saints game honestly the playcalling wasnt different at all the thing was that sceme A worked for us so we were able to move the ball

Yah, sorry, not gonna buy that. Its always something with Smith, talent, OL, coaching, OC's, so and so dropped passes. Well Smith finally got more than enough talent, O-line, better coaching and speaking of coaching he finally got two-years with the same OC and now its his fault. Even back when Norv Turner was OC he looked more timid now than in 2006 playing in KC. The guy is just filled with inconsistency and I'm pretty much over it, time to move on.

I am sure it had nothing to do with the 5 sacks and constantly be under pressure.

Some of those sacks were on 3 step drops but for sake of arguement lets say that all of them were the OLines fault. Lets look at how Rodgers did when he was sacked 5 or more times.

Aaron Rodgers was sacked 6 times against Cin and he was 21-39 for 261 yds 1 TD 0 INTs

8 sacks against the Vikings and he went 26 -37 for 384 yds 2 TDs 1 INT

5 Sacks against Det and he went 29-37 for 358 with 2 TDs and 1 INT

6 Sacks against the viking for the 2nd time and he went 26-41 for 287 with 3 TDs and 0 INTs

In his worst game of the year against TB he was sacked 6 times and went 17-35 for 266 with 2 TDs and 3 INTs with 1 rushing TD.

In all these games the lowest avg per comp was 6.7.

Alex went 23-42 for 232 with one garbage time TD and one INT. His avg per comp was 5.5 which includes the 41 yarder to gore.

So in every game Rodgers was sacked 5 or more times, he also threw for more yards than Alex did in every one of them he threw down the field more and in every game but his worst game he had a better comp percentage.

So please don't blame the Oline.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Alex smith needs a better production form the O-line and OC. Also needs hit players in the numbers.

this he may not be too accurate but all his passes are catchable also OC is way to predictible i mean i can even tell what the play is by the formation and how they line up most of the time im sure other teams with acuall gametape can do much better

exactly. Saints game for example, line gave him time and Raye's play calling was excellent and look how he did. It all starts with the O-line.

Same ole Alex Smith, looks good to decent at home, with a moral victory, but looks like a scared little boy on the road.

Time to move on from the Alexpierement!!!!

look i dont wanna sound like an alex homer but i dont think he is the problem i think it is coaching

the problem with us that we dont have a plan we have a scheme A unfortuantly if that doesnt work we get lost and dont have a scheme B

look at the seahawks and cheifs game for example scheme A did not work at all and we didnt have a scheme B we totally got dominated and looked lost on the field

then look at the saints game honestly the playcalling wasnt different at all the thing was that sceme A worked for us so we were able to move the ball

Yah, sorry, not gonna buy that. Its always something with Smith, talent, OL, coaching, OC's, so and so dropped passes. Well Smith finally got more than enough talent, O-line, better coaching and speaking of coaching he finally got two-years with the same OC and now its his fault. Even back when Norv Turner was OC he looked more timid now than in 2006 playing in KC. The guy is just filled with inconsistency and I'm pretty much over it, time to move on.

I am sure it had nothing to do with the 5 sacks and constantly be under pressure.

Some of those sacks were on 3 step drops but for sake of arguement lets say that all of them were the OLines fault. Lets look at how Rodgers did when he was sacked 5 or more times.

Aaron Rodgers was sacked 6 times against Cin and he was 21-39 for 261 yds 1 TD 0 INTs

8 sacks against the Vikings and he went 26 -37 for 384 yds 2 TDs 1 INT

5 Sacks against Det and he went 29-37 for 358 with 2 TDs and 1 INT

6 Sacks against the viking for the 2nd time and he went 26-41 for 287 with 3 TDs and 0 INTs

In his worst game of the year against TB he was sacked 6 times and went 17-35 for 266 with 2 TDs and 3 INTs with 1 rushing TD.

In all these games the lowest avg per comp was 6.7.

Alex went 23-42 for 232 with one garbage time TD and one INT. His avg per comp was 5.5 which includes the 41 yarder to gore.

So in every game Rodgers was sacked 5 or more times, he also threw for more yards than Alex did in every one of them he threw down the field more and in every game but his worst game he had a better comp percentage.

So please don't blame the Oline.

Good post.
GB is pretty much screen heavy.

ALot of screen plays and dumpoffs/checkdowns
why does smith need brick weed?
I'd like to see him on the bench. Preferably on another team. Let's face it, he is a backup at best.
Smith would have been a perfect fit in Tampa Bay or even better Indy backing up Peyton. Let him sit and learn from Tom Moore and Manning in a spread type offense. He (and probably us) would have been a lot better off.

Then we would have signed Rodgers would have done OK...then leave us in free agency.
guys, i respect everyones opinion here and i really dont care to get too involved in taking sides and arguing. with that said, id just like to say what i gotta say and move on...

i believe Alex sure does need more swag...but how can he really earn it when hes constantly being undermined by inferior coaching year after year?

i remember steve bono and elvis grbac not doing too bad when called upon because we had real coaching back then...i see alex as a huge upgrade over those two, physically and mentally....

just confirms my greatest fear that this organization is really lost!
Originally posted by TRUCKRATHMAN:
guys, i respect everyones opinion here and i really dont care to get too involved in taking sides and arguing. with that said, id just like to say what i gotta say and move on...

i believe Alex sure does need more swag...but how can he really earn it when hes constantly being undermined by inferior coaching year after year?

i remember steve bono and elvis grbac not doing too bad when called upon because we had real coaching back then...i see alex as a huge upgrade over those two, physically and mentally....

SWAG is not something you "earn." You either got it, or you don't. Yadidamean?
Originally posted by bigmike55:

SWAG is not something you "earn." You either got it, or you don't. Yadidamean?

SWAG is something that your born with, you ether have it or you don't.
You can have artificial swag but that's different.
"Singletary on Alex Smith, "I think with Alex Smith it's kind of been up and down. But it's not all Alex Smith. People just have to realize that. I've seen Alex Smith continue to grow. No, he hasn't played spectacular to the point of 'OK, I think he's arrived.' I think he did a nice job on that Monday night and we got in this game (vs. the Chiefs) and things kind of went south a bit. He didn't have a whole lot of time as well, so he really couldn't get into a rhythm. So I just feel that we need to do a better job in preparing him and making sure that he has all the things that he needs in order to be successful. I just feel that it's too early to pin it on him and say 'You know what, he's not the guy. Alex, you know what, you're not doing it.' I just figure that he needs some more time."

1) How much f-ing time do you did to be the "guy" (its been 6 years and 40m)
2) I can safely say no, A.Smith does not have Swag. . .
Alex Smith doesn't even know what swag is. He went to Utah.

Rodgers went to Cal who Utah just beat in the Poinsettia Bowl with a true freshman quarter back who also threw for a career high.

I can see why Cal has more swagger than Utah.

What's your point? Alex still sucks and looks confused and depressed all the time, Rodgers is a top 5 NFL QB with swag and is most likely going to the pro bowl and the playoffs.. And then some.

If you're from the bay area, more than likely have swagger. Utah is filled with Mormons and square bears.

My point? Utah is a better football program than Cal.
If swag has anything to do with where you went to school like bigmike suggested then by default, Smith's undefeated '04 season and win in the Fiesta bowl should trump Rodgers' '04 loss in the Holiday Bowl.

You're right he does look depressed all the time, if you were part of this regime wouldn't you?

And it also comes back to situations, Rodgers sat behind a future HOF player with Swag for three years while Smith was thrown to the wolves.

I like to see a list of QB's with swag.

When is okay to be a bigot?

Is it cool if I said Cal/Berkley was filled with a bunch of Jews (bigot part) and girls with hairy armpits(funny part)?
[ Edited by MONTANA9ERFAN on Sep 29, 2010 at 7:30 AM ]
He doesn't need swagger. He needs to hit receivers in stride. If he does that He could play with Barbie dolls on his free time for all I care.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
He doesn't need swagger. He needs to hit receivers in stride. If he does that He could play with Barbie dolls on his free time for all I care.

you're yelling at the deaf who can't read lips. Most around here have no idea what ball placement is or understand why it's even needed.

You know what's funny? Jimmy Raye actually got them to look good on offense. Something he couldn't do with Alex unless he threw out the playbook and went with the spread offense while restricting gore to draws and traps.

What makes you thin alex is an upgrade? Would J Russell be an upgrade over those 2? Rick Mirer? Heath Shuler? Tim Couch? Talent and intelligence mean squat if you don't have the mental toughness to perform when the lights are on and/or persevere through adversity or if you don't have the adaptability to adjust to any system besides the spread and/or adjust to new WRs regardless if they have been hurt through the preseason.