There are 259 users in the forums

A.Smith needs some swaggggggg

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A.Smith needs some wins.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Alex needs to be cut

Nah, lets see if we can trade him first.

I bet we could at least get a 5th or 6th round pick for him.
Alex smith needs a better production form the O-line and OC. Also needs hit players in the numbers.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Alex smith needs a better production form the O-line and OC. Also needs hit players in the numbers.

this he may not be too accurate but all his passes are catchable also OC is way to predictible i mean i can even tell what the play is by the formation and how they line up most of the time im sure other teams with acuall gametape can do much better
I have never seen a QB that is off target so much on the short outlet passes as Alex---if Alex could just get that fixed he could be that much better. I also have never seen a QB roll out to the right sideline as much as Alex and usually not running forward nor looking up field for a receiver till he is 2 yards from the sideline--then throws it out of bounds.

Alex also rarely anticipates a receiver coming open so he is thinking no one is open I better dump it off---but then the throw is off target and we fans get frustrated.

I also believe if the OC calls a run up the gut and you see the box stacked with 8 or 9--you audible to a pass -- a slant to Crabtree or Morgan would work. Kyle Williams might be good for those kind of routes also. A good QB is not just going to go with a call he sees won't work--especially in his 6th year.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
A.Smith needs some swaggggggg

I'd like to see him fired up , instead of his ''sleepy'' approach.

When the media would ask him about excuses, I would love it if Smithers
would just say something like, '' I know I've had alot of coordinators and oline problems but I have to make it happen myself without any excuses.I'm the quarterback of this team, therefore all of the blame should be put on me.
Plain and simple.''

BTW with all of these coordinator changes , why not just let Smith call his own plays, and audible his own stuff? He's smart enough to do it, but needs some ''get em''' attitude instead of his lazy , smirking head down approach.

If sh*t goes wrong , throw some sh*t around on the sidelines lol

show us you care and that you aren't here to collect a check.

This is your last shot.

YES!!!!! I believe that is the number one asset in a QB. I have been so inflamed over the fact that he has NOT shown that he is the leader. I think he should grow a pair and be effing pissed off when he does not do well!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

this he may not be too accurate but all his passes are catchable also OC is way to predictible i mean i can even tell what the play is by the formation and how they line up most of the time im sure other teams with acuall gametape can do much better

exactly. Saints game for example, line gave him time and Raye's play calling was excellent and look how he did. It all starts with the O-line.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

exactly. Saints game for example, line gave him time and Raye's play calling was excellent and look how he did. It all starts with the O-line.

Same ole Alex Smith, looks good to decent at home, with a moral victory, but looks like a scared little boy on the road.

Time to move on from the Alexpierement!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Same ole Alex Smith, looks good to decent at home, with a moral victory, but looks like a scared little boy on the road.

I can see where you coming from. I still have faith in Alex, the next few games will show a lot.

Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith doesn't even know what swag is. He went to Utah.

Rodgers went to Cal who Utah just beat in the Poinsettia Bowl with a true freshman quarter back who also threw for a career high.

I can see why Cal has more swagger than Utah.

look i dont wanna sound like an alex homer but i dont think he is the problem i think it is coaching

the problem with us that we dont have a plan we have a scheme A unfortuantly if that doesnt work we get lost and dont have a scheme B

look at the seahawks and cheifs game for example scheme A did not work at all and we didnt have a scheme B we totally got dominated and looked lost on the field

then look at the saints game honestly the playcalling wasnt different at all the thing was that sceme A worked for us so we were able to move the ball
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I can see where you coming from. I still have faith in Alex, the next few games will show a lot.

Right on, as most of you should still have faith. As for me, I've been following him since we drafted him, and nothing will make me believe he will be the QB we all want him to be. He just doesn't have it.
he just needs a coach that knows how to play to his strengths. that doesnt mean run the ball twice for 2 yards and always have to pick up long yardage on 3rd down. also its bad when even he came to the sideline during late 3rd qtr and was wondering what we were doing running the ball being that far behind
Many of you are just incapable of seeing the entire picture. It is difficult enough to play QB in the NFL, even when your supporting cast is doing their job. But if you are dealing with a failed OC, and subpar OL and receivers, not many QBs could overcome it.
Yes, I said it, and I mean it. Our receivers are subpar. They have some physical talent, but it also takes the ability to run the route correctly, to get separation, to hang onto the ball, and to not draw a penalty. Our OL may have promise, but some of us correctly predicted that it would not be pretty at first - and it hasn't. Rodgers would not have near the stats if he was trying to function in our circus.
Share 49ersWebzone