There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A.Smith needs some swaggggggg

Originally posted by backontop:


NT doesn't believe in coincidences, it believes that every problem in the world is the fault of no other than Alex Smith!

LOL... No really.

I think most in NT call it as they see it; but, a few members in here are too invested in Smith to admit the truth to themselves...
someone put this in his locker please
You know who else had swagggggggg wit da sizzzzzzzzzzzzeerrrrr... Jamarcus Bust Russell That being said I think Alex does need to sac up
[ Edited by NinerSquire on Sep 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:


NT doesn't believe in coincidences, it believes that every problem in the world is the fault of no other than Alex Smith!

LOL... No really.

I think most in NT call it as they see it; but, a few members in here are too invested in Smith to admit the truth to themselves...

That is odd because the posters that actually call it as they see it are the ones who say that the verdict is still out on Smith because they ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION!


A man goes into a bar thinking that only butch lesbians go to bars. He looks around and all he sees is butch lesbians. A second man goes into the bar thinking only hot blondes goes to bars. He looks around all he sees is hot blondes. A third man goes into a bar thinking man I sure hope there are women in this bar. He looks around and he sees butch lesbians, blondes, brunettes and red heads.

Your eyes will see what you want to see. You want to see Smith fail so that is all you see. Smith homers want to see Smith succeed so that is all they see. Impartial's see the entire picture.
Swag would help, natural ability too!
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
If by Swaggggggg you mean help throwing with proper ball placement to a moving target; then yes, I would agree...

BALL PLACEMENT!!!?? psssssssssss an NFL QB does NOT need that!

you're right, they need receivers that actually catch the ball



Classic apologist response. "It's not Alex's fault; everyone else has the problem"

when did I say that Smith wasn't at fault??? Matt Maiocco stated that 4 out of 5 interceptions that Smith has thrown Crabtree was the target and were tipped passes. But you're right "classic apologist response"

The little "s" that you put at the end of receiver makes it plural. Crabtree is one person so that would require the singular "receiver" to be used. Since you used the plural you stated that multiple receivers have this problem.

Now, the rest of you sentence implies that Alex is not the problem; but our receivers not catching the ball is. If you go back and look at ball placement on these INT's, you will see that your statement is not entirely accurate either.

It is a statement made by most, if not all, apologist here on the zone!


the little "s" refers to the dropped passes by the other receivers. Trust me by no means do I feel that Smith is accurate, but he isn't any less accurate than other QB's in the league. The difference is that other QB's have receivers that go after the ball and CATCH it!

Have you ever watch Alex play? Have you watched the good NFL QBs play? It is obvious that they are way more accurate than Alex. Here is a exercise you can do to help you see what everyone else does. Watch an Alex Smith highlight clip and watch a drew Breese or Peyton Manning, or even Aaron Rogers highlight clip. Watch where their WRs catch the ball and how many of their WRs have to dive or jump or reach for the passes and how many of them catch the ball while running full speed and how many are led by their QB away from the defenders.

BTW, you can't really blame the WRs that much. Jimmy Raye said this on his exit interview where he didn't have to cove for Alex anymore. He said, " We didn't think, 'We're not going to throw the ball down the field. I saw a couple go-routes fail over the top of Crabtree's head out of bounds." You can question Raye's character and call him a liar or you can realize that he is not as accurate as some of the QBs that aren't in the NFL right now.
I agree. Nothing like a little swag to get him confident and going.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by verb1der:
What do you guys think about Aaron Rodgers "swag" when he shows off some kind of imaginary wrestling belt around his waist after a score?!

dat swag

lol f*ck Aaron Rodgers! Because everytime I watch how great he plays (with the wrestling belt swag) it breaks my heart.



That is some goofy ass s**t there, so that is what you guys think will make Smith play better? I think the line keeping the defense out of the backfield for more than two seconds might be a little more advantageous. The two games he has been bad, the line played like s**t, the one where he looked on target and on time, the line played lights out. Coincidence? I think not.

hahahaha "goofy". I agree.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:


NT doesn't believe in coincidences, it believes that every problem in the world is the fault of no other than Alex Smith!

LOL... No really.

I think most in NT call it as they see it; but, a few members in here are too invested in Smith to admit the truth to themselves...

That is odd because the posters that actually call it as they see it are the ones who say that the verdict is still out on Smith because they ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION!


A man goes into a bar thinking that only butch lesbians go to bars. He looks around and all he sees is butch lesbians. A second man goes into the bar thinking only hot blondes goes to bars. He looks around all he sees is hot blondes. A third man goes into a bar thinking man I sure hope there are women in this bar. He looks around and he sees butch lesbians, blondes, brunettes and red heads.

Your eyes will see what you want to see. You want to see Smith fail so that is all you see. Smith homers want to see Smith succeed so that is all they see. Impartial's see the entire picture.

Cool, then come join us impartial folks... As for those who say the jury is still out after watching him for 6 years, well there just indecisive... After all this time we should know what we have at QB...

The true impartial folks can say with a clear conscience that Alex has sucked, explain why, and still hope that the Niners do good with or without Alex.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
If by Swaggggggg you mean help throwing with proper ball placement to a moving target; then yes, I would agree...

BALL PLACEMENT!!!?? psssssssssss an NFL QB does NOT need that!

you're right, they need receivers that actually catch the ball



Classic apologist response. "It's not Alex's fault; everyone else has the problem"

when did I say that Smith wasn't at fault??? Matt Maiocco stated that 4 out of 5 interceptions that Smith has thrown Crabtree was the target and were tipped passes. But you're right "classic apologist response"

The little "s" that you put at the end of receiver makes it plural. Crabtree is one person so that would require the singular "receiver" to be used. Since you used the plural you stated that multiple receivers have this problem.

Now, the rest of you sentence implies that Alex is not the problem; but our receivers not catching the ball is. If you go back and look at ball placement on these INT's, you will see that your statement is not entirely accurate either.

It is a statement made by most, if not all, apologist here on the zone!


the little "s" refers to the dropped passes by the other receivers. Trust me by no means do I feel that Smith is accurate, but he isn't any less accurate than other QB's in the league. The difference is that other QB's have receivers that go after the ball and CATCH it!

Have you ever watch Alex play? Have you watched the good NFL QBs play? It is obvious that they are way more accurate than Alex. Here is a exercise you can do to help you see what everyone else does. Watch an Alex Smith highlight clip and watch a drew Breese or Peyton Manning, or even Aaron Rogers highlight clip. Watch where their WRs catch the ball and how many of their WRs have to dive or jump or reach for the passes and how many of them catch the ball while running full speed and how many are led by their QB away from the defenders.

BTW, you can't really blame the WRs that much. Jimmy Raye said this on his exit interview where he didn't have to cove for Alex anymore. He said, " We didn't think, 'We're not going to throw the ball down the field. I saw a couple go-routes fail over the top of Crabtree's head out of bounds." You can question Raye's character and call him a liar or you can realize that he is not as accurate as some of the QBs that aren't in the NFL right now.

the question is have you watched ANY nfl games? Breese, Manning and Rodgers throw passes that are off target all of the time. The difference is that they have receivers that go up and CATCH the ball. Guess what Joe Montana and Steve Young threw off target, but they had receivers that would go up and get the ball.
Who?


  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,321
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Who?



They think he's a pirate?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
A.Smith needs some swaggggggg

I'd like to see him fired up , instead of his ''sleepy'' approach.

When the media would ask him about excuses, I would love it if Smithers
would just say something like, '' I know I've had alot of coordinators and oline problems but I have to make it happen myself without any excuses.I'm the quarterback of this team, therefore all of the blame should be put on me.
Plain and simple.''



BTW with all of these coordinator changes , why not just let Smith call his own plays, and audible his own stuff? He's smart enough to do it, but needs some ''get em''' attitude instead of his lazy , smirking head down approach.

If sh*t goes wrong , throw some sh*t around on the sidelines lol

show us you care and that you aren't here to collect a check.

This is your last shot.

Seriously though did you see his face on the sidelines of the last game? He was f**king pissed off!!
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
A.Smith needs some swaggggggg

I'd like to see him fired up , instead of his ''sleepy'' approach.

When the media would ask him about excuses, I would love it if Smithers
would just say something like, '' I know I've had alot of coordinators and oline problems but I have to make it happen myself without any excuses.I'm the quarterback of this team, therefore all of the blame should be put on me.
Plain and simple.''



BTW with all of these coordinator changes , why not just let Smith call his own plays, and audible his own stuff? He's smart enough to do it, but needs some ''get em''' attitude instead of his lazy , smirking head down approach.

If sh*t goes wrong , throw some sh*t around on the sidelines lol

show us you care and that you aren't here to collect a check.

This is your last shot.

Seriously though did you see his face on the sidelines of the last game? He was f**king pissed off!!

I was hoping he would throw his helmet at Singletary.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
If by Swaggggggg you mean help throwing with proper ball placement to a moving target; then yes, I would agree...

BALL PLACEMENT!!!?? psssssssssss an NFL QB does NOT need that!

you're right, they need receivers that actually catch the ball



Classic apologist response. "It's not Alex's fault; everyone else has the problem"

when did I say that Smith wasn't at fault??? Matt Maiocco stated that 4 out of 5 interceptions that Smith has thrown Crabtree was the target and were tipped passes. But you're right "classic apologist response"

The little "s" that you put at the end of receiver makes it plural. Crabtree is one person so that would require the singular "receiver" to be used. Since you used the plural you stated that multiple receivers have this problem.

Now, the rest of you sentence implies that Alex is not the problem; but our receivers not catching the ball is. If you go back and look at ball placement on these INT's, you will see that your statement is not entirely accurate either.

It is a statement made by most, if not all, apologist here on the zone!


the little "s" refers to the dropped passes by the other receivers. Trust me by no means do I feel that Smith is accurate, but he isn't any less accurate than other QB's in the league. The difference is that other QB's have receivers that go after the ball and CATCH it!

Have you ever watch Alex play? Have you watched the good NFL QBs play? It is obvious that they are way more accurate than Alex. Here is a exercise you can do to help you see what everyone else does. Watch an Alex Smith highlight clip and watch a drew Breese or Peyton Manning, or even Aaron Rogers highlight clip. Watch where their WRs catch the ball and how many of their WRs have to dive or jump or reach for the passes and how many of them catch the ball while running full speed and how many are led by their QB away from the defenders.

BTW, you can't really blame the WRs that much. Jimmy Raye said this on his exit interview where he didn't have to cove for Alex anymore. He said, " We didn't think, 'We're not going to throw the ball down the field. I saw a couple go-routes fail over the top of Crabtree's head out of bounds." You can question Raye's character and call him a liar or you can realize that he is not as accurate as some of the QBs that aren't in the NFL right now.

the question is have you watched ANY nfl games? Breese, Manning and Rodgers throw passes that are off target all of the time. The difference is that they have receivers that go up and CATCH the ball. Guess what Joe Montana and Steve Young threw off target, but they had receivers that would go up and get the ball.

True but their best passes are right on the money. There best games they look unstoppable because even with people in their face and with perfect coverage they still deliver the ball as if they walked up and handed the guy the ball. I will challenge you to find one game that Alex has been that accurate.