There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ok time for some Optimism

Ok now for some optimism. We are going to beat Atlanta because we have to. The defense will not perform like they did against the Chiefs, Seahawks, and hell even the Saints at the end of the game. They are going to play like we all expected them to prior to this season. We will shut down Turner and force Ryan to throw. We will get atleast 2 INTs and maybe a third.

Ok now to Mike Johnson calling the plays. The Falcons defense will not know what hit them. This so called "last ditch effort" from Sing will actually work and it will work immediately. This team is desperate and will not do stupid penalties like false starts and commit dumbass turnovers like muffed punts that miraculously stay in bounds. MJ's calls will be spot on and leave Atlanta off balance. He will call creative plays that us fans would never see in a Raye'd run offense. We will perform atleast 5 successful screens to Gore and one to Davis. Smith will be fine this sunday as well. He won't be great, but he won't throw any INTs and will operate this offense with ease. "We will move the ball!"

This is one of those games we are not supposed to win. I guess you can say that about any game at this point. We are 0-3 and can only go up. Do you think Sing likes all this negative publicity and the media/fans calling him out all the time? He wants to right this ship and will do whatever it takes. I do not believe he is that stubborn. Remember switching to the spread last season when his smashmouth football wasn't working. He doesn't want to be fired and I still believe in him. Ultimately, everything is on him.
Here is where my optimism comes into play, if we beat ATL but also beat Philly. If we get back to back wins then I will have some hope!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Here is where my optimism comes into play, if we beat ATL but also beat Philly. If we get back to back wins then I will have some hope!!

I honestly think we will beat Philly even if we lose to Atlanta. Mike Vick won't light things up like this forever. Eventually he will have a slip up game. Remember when he played for Atlanta? Defenses figured out how to stop him. He's tearing things up now because he hasn't been around for a while.

[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Sep 28, 2010 at 9:15 AM ]

Seriously man, I'm done drinking kool-aid.
Super Bowl here we come!
Ok,

I know this thread is for Optimism but I hate to say this but I highly doubt we are going to have a second coming of the 90's Niners under our new off. coord. Was anyone jumping at the bit before they fired Raye for Johnson to be our off. coordinator? Nope. Did anyone think we would be 0-3 this season, NO. So unless Johnson knew something Raye doesn't I think we are going back to the Nolan era. I believe in Singletary but I wonder if he is the right coach. I am predicting that Yorks fire Singletary at the end of the season and try and hire all new coaching staff since we are in another rebuilding era for this team. Yes we went 8 and 8 last year but that was last year. I love the Niners but thinking we are going to have an overnight miracle offense just doesn't seem to be plausible.
My only nugget of hope for us on the road in Atlanta (the team that destroyed us last season) is that we might have a slight advantage with the OC change. They don't know what Mike Johnson will bring to the table so it will make preparation a little more difficult.

Originally posted by verb1der:

OK. More for us!

I will NEVER stop rooting for this team! NEVER! Even if we are going down in flames, I will be yelling at the top of my lungs, holding the flag, and taking someone down with me.

The NFL is such a weird place with KC and CHI at 3-0. No one picked them, no one.

Any given Sunday!!!!!!

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by verb1der:

OK. More for us!

I will NEVER stop rooting for this team! NEVER! Even if we are going down in flames, I will be yelling at the top of my lungs, holding the flag, and taking someone down with me.

The NFL is such a weird place with KC and CHI at 3-0. No one picked them, no one.

Any given Sunday!!!!!!

Amen!!!!
Optimism is three-fold when it comes to the 49ers and we are 1/3 of the way there.

We got rid of the least of our three problems Jimmy Raye. (The Puppet)

Now all we need to do is get rid of problem #2 Alex Smith (The Bust),

and problem #1 Mike Singletary. (The Dictator)