There are 527 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lowell Cohn's new column

Lowell is usual a sh1t starter, but he was on point on this one.
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Sep 29, 2010 at 12:20 AM ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by area49:
I can't believe people here are actually defending the Yorks. What, you wouldn't rather have Larry Ellison or Ed Roski?

From someone I read on another board is that Ellison is a huge micromanager and I don't want my team in LA. That'd be f**king bulls**t so Roski can go eat a dick. So yeah I'll still stick with Young York who might be a dumbass so far but atleast he wants to win and he consults Eddie D for advice sometimes and the team will still be in the bay area.

It's not about what you want. It's about inevitabilities.
i have to agree with this one/ we will never win a super bowl with the Yorks owning the 49ers
Originally posted by killajay209:
i have to agree with this one/ we will never win a super bowl with the Yorks owning the 49ers

Yup. I've been saying that forever. I don't think you will ever even see the playoffs again under the Yorks. I mean EVER! Think about it. The only time they got in it was the past regimes coach and players. They fired that coach and gutted the team and got rid of all the high payroll. And since it's Erickson, NoWin and singFRAUD. You can't win like this.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 29, 2010 at 12:59 AM ]
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
"The Prince finally needs to get it right. If he does, good for him. If he can't get it right, he will have to fire Singletary and get a new offensive coordinator and a new quarterback, and then start all over again from the beginning. If it comes to that, he and Dad should just sell the team."

I am confused on what exactly he means by "getting it right"? Does he mean if Johnson works out, which had nothing to do with him? Or is he suggesting that Sing would be fired and hire a legitimate coach if the Niners fall hard?

Johnson is Sing's last ditch effort, and could make or break his job. This is similar to how Smith is going to make or break our season.

I agree with the hiring of Sing, as it seemed he was just given the job following half of 2008. We should have at least waited and seen what would come available. You guys all talk like "selling" the team is the answer.

My fears would be moving the team or even selling to a worse owner than we currently have. Trust me, there are worst owners than the Yorks...

There are no owners worse than the Yorks, and moving the team would be nothing short of a blessing.

Seriously, dude, thanks. At least SOMEONE agrees with me. I really think that, if Ed Roski or Larry Ellison just moved this team to LA, it would be able to thrive and have a new identity. Everytime I suggest it here, all I get is "f**k LA".

F**K LA!!!

Wow. What a thoughtful and eloquent rebuttal.

poor suggestions get poor responses.

Again, how is it a poor suggestion when I've laid out various reasons why I think it would be a good idea?

Are you really asking that??

For starters because the team isn't moving to LA. Just because you live close to LA doesn't make it a good idea to move the team down there. Second there is going to be a stadium built in Santa Clara (remember the big vote that happened??) And lastly because F**K LA!!!

No, a vote passed authorizing the construction of the stadium. They still need to get the financing done, which they won't be able to do after this season. Thus, the stadium deal will collapse, and it's bye-bye SF, hello LA.

oh AND

AND

f**k LA
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
"The Prince finally needs to get it right. If he does, good for him. If he can't get it right, he will have to fire Singletary and get a new offensive coordinator and a new quarterback, and then start all over again from the beginning. If it comes to that, he and Dad should just sell the team."

I am confused on what exactly he means by "getting it right"? Does he mean if Johnson works out, which had nothing to do with him? Or is he suggesting that Sing would be fired and hire a legitimate coach if the Niners fall hard?

Johnson is Sing's last ditch effort, and could make or break his job. This is similar to how Smith is going to make or break our season.

I agree with the hiring of Sing, as it seemed he was just given the job following half of 2008. We should have at least waited and seen what would come available. You guys all talk like "selling" the team is the answer.

My fears would be moving the team or even selling to a worse owner than we currently have. Trust me, there are worst owners than the Yorks...

There are no owners worse than the Yorks, and moving the team would be nothing short of a blessing.

Seriously, dude, thanks. At least SOMEONE agrees with me. I really think that, if Ed Roski or Larry Ellison just moved this team to LA, it would be able to thrive and have a new identity. Everytime I suggest it here, all I get is "f**k LA".

F**K LA!!!

Again, how is it a poor suggestion when I've laid out various reasons why I think it would be a good idea?

For starters because the team isn't moving to LA. Just because you live close to LA doesn't make it a good idea to move the team down there. Second there is going to be a stadium built in Santa Clara (remember the big vote that happened??) And lastly because F**K LA!!!

No, a vote passed authorizing the construction of the stadium. They still need to get the financing done, which they won't be able to do after this season. Thus, the stadium deal will collapse, and it's bye-bye SF, hello LA.

oh AND

AND

f**k LA

Again, no actual rebuttals. Just a funny YouTube video and "f**k LA".
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

F**K LA!!!

oh AND

AND

f**k LA

Again, no actual rebuttals. Just a funny YouTube video and "f**k LA".

Area49 i don't engage with other webzoners but ill tell you what... if this actually happens i will personally buy you a home opening ticket! I give you my word BUT if your misled illusion doesn't happen, you have to buy me a home opening ticket for the Santa Clara stadium. Balls' on your court!

Edit:

f**k LA
[ Edited by sf49ersx11 on Sep 29, 2010 at 1:49 AM ]
F¥€k LA. It will be a different team. The 49ers will have ceased to exist.
gifs are funnier than vids.....

There IS ONE owner worse than the Yorks, and moving the team would be nothing short of a blessing.

Corrected
Snyder, Dan
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by captnkos:
I think that characterizing Jed as "The Prince" as if he's a brainless clown that makes horrible decisions is unfair. While I agree that the Yorks started off badly, I believe that over the last few years they have made amends and given the team everything they asked for. Everybody wants an owner that doesn't get in the way of the football, but when the football isn't going to plan they want to run the owner out. Especially here.

Was hiring Singletary a mistake? At the time he was hired, the team was playing better than it had in years under Nolan, and were favorites to win the division this year by webzoners and experts alike. Has it worked out? No, the team is a mess and hopefully some changes can be made in the next offseason to correct some things. If you take a look around the league though most teams are in similar situation as far as not living up to expectations. Other teams are doing better than expected like we did at the end of last year.

I guess my point is that no matter who the owner is, Bill Walsh is not going to walk in the door and create another miracle 2 decade long empire. With all of the parity in the league now teams take a lot longer to get REALLY good and a lot of times it doesn't work out unless you luck into a HOF QB in the 8th round. There is no way that Jed or anyone else could have predicted how this year would go. Based on what we saw last year, it appeared that things were going in the right direction. Jed can't call plays. Dr. York can't supervise the nutcracker drill and Denise cannot draw up a game plan. All they can do is write checks and put people in place to make decisions for them. There is no reason to think that they have super powers and can see the future. Is it easy to second guess their decisions now? Yes, but I don't think many other owners would have made different decisions over the last few years that would have made things much different. Singletary was a very popular choice at the time. There were questions, but it was still generaly

One point that Cohn makes is that if they had been more patient they could have had Shananhan. Who knew he would become available? I think everyone in fan world and the media were shocked by his firing, and there was no guarantee that Singletary wouldn't have been wooooed by someone else. They saw the man they wanted and locked him up.

The season has started off terribly, but Jed, (tutored by Eddie) is doing a fine job. It just has not worked out as I or anyone else had wanted. If there are more reports that they will not fire Singletary because of money or won't hire a top tier replacement because it would cost too much, then I can understand the critisism. Until then, not Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder, the Kraft family or Larry Ellison can make miracles happen or predict the future. Could things be different? Yes, but hindsight is 20/20.

I am prepared to be flamed.

Jed was called a "Prince" because he inherited the crown from his father, "the King" - the notion being that Jed didn't earn it, but rather it was his birthright. It has nothing to do with Jed being a "brainless clown that makes horrible decisions", even if that is a true statement.

If you think he is called the prince in the article ONLY because he was handed it from his father, then I think you missed the tone and intent of the article.

Yup. I've been saying that forever. I don't think you will ever even see the playoffs again under the Yorks. I mean EVER! Think about it. The only time they got in it was the past regimes coach and players. They fired that coach and gutted the team and got rid of all the high payroll. And since it's Erickson, NoWin and singFRAUD. You can't win like this.

Quit comparing this ownership to Chris Cohan. Even that man went to playoff once. This ownership is the most talked about in the league by running the most value minded team.
Originally posted by jed_york:

Quit comparing this ownership to Chris Cohan. Even that man went to playoff once. This ownership is the most talked about in the league by running the most value minded team.

They are the envy of the league on payroll.
Sadly, he is right on the money. It is amazing to me how little Singletary knows about coaching for someone who has been around the game for nearly his entire life.
Lowell Cohn punts Alex Smith on this one, and also makes an interesting point about Singletary almost never speaks to his headset (meaning he's clueless during the game). lol

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20101110/sports/101119947?p=3&tc=pg