LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Coach Sing on the radio

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by billbird2111:
The more I hear this inteview -- the more I think the following...

Singletary sounds like "Dead Man Walking."

There's no fire. There's no excitement. There's no bravado. There's no "we're gonna win" oomph in the man's voice.

What's also interesting are his comments on Smith. No longer do I hear him proclaim "Alex is our starter." Now I hear "It's not all his fault. He needs more time."

Telling...Statement...Indeed...

Tells me that Alex -- while not on a short leash -- is now on a leash.

I think we all hear the defeat in his voice. He's a man who sticks to his beliefs whether right or wrong. He realizes his philosophy is not working the modern NFL. He has to come to terms with it.

But yeah he gives no emotion or confidence that things can get better. I almost wish he did the Dennis O Donnel rant again!!!!
Seriously tired of his same old sh!t
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

There's no fire. There's no excitement. There's no bravado. There's no "we're gonna win" oomph in the man's voice.

What's also interesting are his comments on Smith. No longer do I hear him proclaim "Alex is our starter." Now I hear "It's not all his fault. He needs more time."

I think we all hear the defeat in his voice. He's a man who sticks to his beliefs whether right or wrong. He realizes his philosophy is not working the modern NFL. He has to come to terms with it.

But yeah he gives no emotion or confidence that things can get better. I almost wish he did the Dennis O Donnel rant again!!!!

Sing had to learn to accept (the hard way) that his way was the losing way. It's time for him to "grow up" for lack of a better phrase. I truly hope this was a turnaround moment for him as a head coach.

I don't hate Sing and as 9er fans we want him to succeed but a blow out loss against ATL would be devastating.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Sing had to learn to accept (the hard way) that his way was the losing way. It's time for him to "grow up" for lack of a better phrase. I truly hope this was a turnaround moment for him as a head coach.

I don't hate Sing and as 9er fans we want him to succeed but a blow out loss against ATL would be devastating.

Could get him canned by the bye week
  • kray28
  • Veteran

I suspect that Singletary is too proud to ever admit being wrong. Even now he's spouting the same BS line that it's the players not executing that is the problem.

He blames the players and not his lack of a plan.
Originally posted by kray28:

I suspect that Singletary is too proud to ever admit being wrong. Even now he's spouting the same BS line that it's the players not executing that is the problem.

just like nolan did
Originally posted by Born_Niner:
"we Will use our playmakers and be creative going forward" Coach Sing, just now on murph and mac ..I dont know about u, but thats music to my ears

Well it's amazing how fast of a recovery you've made since our last couple of embarrassments, but then again hows being negative gonna help...

I'm with ya
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Sep 28, 2010 at 3:28 PM ]
i dont wana hear it anymore, unless i see it, i wont believe it
Originally posted by Born_Niner:
"we Will use our playmakers and be creative going forward" Coach Sing, just now on murph and mac ..I dont know about u, but thats music to my ears

Isnt that what they should have been doing 2 months ago?
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM ]
dear mike singletary,

please do not talk anymore. action speaks much louder than (even) your motivational speeches. i would rather have you remove your clothing and fart in the faces of the so-called talent we have during half-time of the games!

you may remove the wooden cross now. the vampire (yoda-raye) has left the building. however, that blind, old, bald-headed bat will seek vengeance.

destroy that worthless, crap that you/he called a playbook and go freestyle via MADDEN NFL! that is your best shot at getting a first down and maybe even close to a field goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

sincerely,
disgruntled-realist-homer fan!

All I can say is if he now realizes his own stubborness and conservative approach in regards to our offense has hurt us and he is now willing to let Mike Johnson be both creative and aggressive then maybe I can stomach him a little longer. I flat out don't like his past philosophy , I truly hope he can quit meddling in something he doesn't understand and lets the OC do his thing.

So far Singletary has infuriated the crap out me with his stubborness and conservative approach , I hope we get to see something truly new from this point forward.
what's he singing?
Originally posted by kray28:

umm.. thats where your wrong.. he said "execution as a whole" coaching and players alike.
Share 49ersWebzone