LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Coach Sing on the radio

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by Born_Niner:
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by Born_Niner:
"we Will use our playmakers and be creative going forward" Coach Sing, just now on murph and mac ..I dont know about u, but thats music to my ears

Such crap. Why weren't they going to do this going into the season? Did they go into the season saying "we aren't going to be creative and not use our playmakers?" This means nothing without a real coach and OC.

No, I think they went into the season thinking teams were just going to lay down while we impose our will.. Also, too much reading of our on press clippings

That's ridiculous. Why would they in their right mind think that, and if they did, they should all be canned. Immediately.

As ridiculous as it sound.. i wouldnt be abit surprised that the coaches and players were caught drinking the kool-aid after an off-season media sucking about being the favorites in the division and pre season BS standings ...and yea, alot of people probably should be canned.. its pretty late in the season for that though
I know its been a while since we've seen success...but you guys are so jaded that you havent even listened to the man's words. He has said from day one that he wants balance...he wants to get everyone involved...but he also wanted his players to have the confidence to know they can move the football when they need to, run or pass.

Stop b*tching out of frustration and actually listen and comprehend what people are saying.

Sorry mods...but this constant word twisting really irks me.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
man I love sing but again, he sounds stupid. We weren't planning on using them before?
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by reasonable1:
I know its been a while since we've seen success...but you guys are so jaded that you havent even listened to the man's words. He has said from day one that he wants balance...he wants to get everyone involved...but he also wanted his players to have the confidence to know they can move the football when they need to, run or pass.

Stop b*tching out of frustration and actually listen and comprehend what people are saying.

Seeing is believing and nobody here saw him screaming about balance until now...
Originally posted by tn9er:

Seeing is believing and nobody here saw him screaming about balance until now...

I am too lazy to go find the quotes on the Webs, but they are there...from the time he was hired as the HC. He's always wanted balance, but be able to "will" 2-3 yards on the ground when needed.

He's always preached that. Not just now.

Oy vey!!!!!
Hahaha When was Singletary impressive as guys like Butkus? Sure he was a brainless thumper but a Ray Lewis type? BS, this guy likes to write his own promo and it is full of balarney that he wants to impress people with. He is as fake as breast implants and tofu burgers. As he gets exposed his ass is even more hideous then those mandrill's big red butts. No wonder he dropped his pants. He wanted to impress folks. Well we will always remember how stupid he is and as incompetent as any big mouthed fake klutz could be. I think if the niners want some success with Mike Johnson they need to clear the decks and remove the stacked BS surrounding Singletary. Singletary unfortunately is the clown anointed by prince alarming to fornicate the fornyniners. The team needs the purging to be complete to grow and not continue process of turning s**t into mold.
Pride comes before a fall.

When you exalt yourseself you will be humbled.

Don't let your mouth write a check your a$$ can't cash.
What is wrong with some people on here? We are 2 and a half years into the Sing coaching experiment. Alright we are 0-3 right now. We are in a weak division that is definitely still winnable. Calling for Sing's head is not the right move. How about we actually see this thing through? We can talk playoff droughts all you want and I realize it has been awhile but lets just see it through.

I say we all take a chill pill, take the lumps, see what happens in a year or two. The NFL and sports in general today are such a "Win Now" atmosphere. I find it ridiculous that after a losing season or 2, not just us, but other fans in general call for a coach's head.

7-9 to 8-8. We are 0-3 right now but look at other long tenured coaches, they all had a rough season or two. It is much harder to go from 8-8 to 10+ wins then it is from 3-4 wins to 7-8 wins.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nyr49er:
What is wrong with some people on here? We are 2 and a half years into the Sing coaching experiment. Alright we are 0-3 right now. We are in a weak division that is definitely still winnable. Calling for Sing's head is not the right move. How about we actually see this thing through? We can talk playoff droughts all you want and I realize it has been awhile but lets just see it through.

I say we all take a chill pill, take the lumps, see what happens in a year or two. The NFL and sports in general today are such a "Win Now" atmosphere. I find it ridiculous that after a losing season or 2, not just us, but other fans in general call for a coach's head.

7-9 to 8-8. We are 0-3 right now but look at other long tenured coaches, they all had a rough season or two. It is much harder to go from 8-8 to 10+ wins then it is from 3-4 wins to 7-8 wins.
Sing was handed a 7-9 team and has kept it about the same.

Thats total BS.

You are referring to the media rendition of Sing. He has said FROM THE BEGINNING that he wants an attacking, "F"ysical, BALANCED offense. Its us as fans interpreting that as run first and the media who keeps going back to the Bears teams he played for.

All Sing has ever said about running the ball was that he wanted to be able to run whenever the needed to so that defenses could not dictate that to them.

Sing has spent ALOT of time CORRECTING interviewers when they tell him he wants a run-first smash mouth offense. He ALWAYS corrects them and says he wants an attacking offense that attacks in the run game AND in the pass game.

Now, Jimmy Raye may not have been a good hire. To be honest tho, I think I understand what Sing was thinking. The Niners had just had Mad Mike Martz and Hostler before him...so he was looking for an experienced OC who wasn't calling 7 step drops when they couldn't protect the QB. They also didn't want a guy who would be here for a year and then leave...although thats kinda what happned anyway...lol.

The game has simply passed Jimmy bye. He know his stuff, but he was just too predictable. I don't mean too many runs tho. I mean the predictability of what the offense will do based on the formation.

Originally posted by Marvin49:

Thats total BS.

You are referring to the media rendition of Sing. He has said FROM THE BEGINNING that he wants an attacking, "F"ysical, BALANCED offense. Its us as fans interpreting that as run first and the media who keeps going back to the Bears teams he played for.

All Sing has ever said about running the ball was that he wanted to be able to run whenever the needed to so that defenses could not dictate that to them.

Sing has spent ALOT of time CORRECTING interviewers when they tell him he wants a run-first smash mouth offense. He ALWAYS corrects them and says he wants an attacking offense that attacks in the run game AND in the pass game.

Now, Jimmy Raye may not have been a good hire. To be honest tho, I think I understand what Sing was thinking. The Niners had just had Mad Mike Martz and Hostler before him...so he was looking for an experienced OC who wasn't calling 7 step drops when they couldn't protect the QB. They also didn't want a guy who would be here for a year and then leave...although thats kinda what happned anyway...lol.

The game has simply passed Jimmy bye. He know his stuff, but he was just too predictable. I don't mean too many runs tho. I mean the predictability of what the offense will do based on the formation.

Just because he was professing balance doesn't mean he achieved it...obviously. The run first mentality doesn't work in the NFL and he never realized that. Now it's probably too late. 0-3 is a huge hole to crawl out of.
WOW.

It doesn't even matter what he woulda have said this morning, you guys were going to bash him either way.

If Sing would have said, "we will continue to be smashmouth, run, run, Fysical with an F" then you guys would have bashed him.

Now that he says he's going to be doing something different, and basically implying that his old philosphy was wrong, you guys still bash him. And for what? Just to say that he should have done this from the beginning? Just to say that whatever he does he will fail?

NT never ceases to amaze me.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Thats total BS.

Just because he was professing balance doesn't mean he achieved it...obviously. The run first mentality doesn't work in the NFL and he never realized that. Now it's probably too late. 0-3 is a huge hole to crawl out of.

Uhhhhhh...hey genius?? You think that could be the reason Raye got the pink slip??
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Thats total BS.

...as I said, Raye was a bad hire. The problem with Raye wasn't that he ran the ball too much. The problem was that the plays were too obvious from their formations.

Example: I noticed this last year. Josh Morgan goes in motion. If he stops on the end of the line and crouches low...its a run 100% of the time. If he gets to the end of the line and is standing....its a pass 100% of the time. I can see that one with my a$$ on the couch watching on TV. If I can see it, you can bue SURE that an NFL DC and players will see it too. Thats just ONE tell and I'm sure there were more.

The Chiefs ran ALOT against us but they had ALOT more success than we did. The issue wasn't that they ran too much....it was predictability and creativity in the run game.

Thats why Raye is now unemployed and Mike Johnson is the new OC.
Originally posted by pd24:
No other coach in the NFL would change his philosophy on the fly in week 3 of the season.

So what would you do if you were in his shoes? Stick with what isn't working or try an alternative that has a better chance of working even though it wasn't your initial strategy?
Share 49ersWebzone