LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 366 users in the forums

Another depressing quote from a "source"

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The age of the internet, where you can make up s**t about whatever you want and not get called out on it.
  • Mex49
Has that been the opinion of our beat writers? They have been following the team long before Sing and his band o jokers arrived. Don't remember reading anything suggesting such things. Are we only a mess when reporters aren't around
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LongTimeNiner:
I call bulls**t on this. Every time a disgruntled player leaves they make stupid comments.

Nah...it's dead spot on. You can see it with the amount of sideline bungling that goes on in every game.

Go back to last season as well, and you'll find plenty of screwups by Singletary.

- Challenging plays that don't need to be challenged.
- Misuse of timeouts
- Poor clock management
- Can't get the play in on time....have to burn a timeout.

You think burning up timeouts too fast just started with the Seattle game....they happened plenty of times last season too.

What was different?

Well, for one thing, the Niners started out strong (3-1), and lost on a Hail Mary to vastly superior Vikings teams. They'd slide badly, but it was forgiven because it seemed to the media that Singletary had the team on the right track. He got a pass basically as it was his first season, and he'd exceeeded expectations from the get go.

Now the honeymoon is over, and we've played some teams that have clearly scouted the Niners well and researched their tendencies. OF course, Singletary didn't consider that...he thinks one game plan is all that's needed. And player just need to execute it.

In other words, the guy's a buffoon.
E) All of the above
  • kray28
  • Veteran
What Singletary needs to do is hire a quality control coach....does he have one? Does he understand the need for one?

He needs one....in the worst way.
Originally posted by kray28:
What Singletary needs to do is hire a quality control coach....does he have one? Does he understand the need for one?

I've wondered this myself. Maybe we plan for the home games and "wing it" for the away games?
Originally posted by cortana49:

I've wondered this myself. Maybe we plan for the home games and "wing it" for the away games?

What happened to your handle, cortana??? Was it deleted?

Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by cortana49:

What happened to your handle, cortana??? Was it deleted?

I didn't post for a few months and had to "start over". Oh well, I try not to get caught up in status symbols anyways.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ritchie:
If it is a quote from an anonymous, involuntary ex-employee relayed to a third party whose job it is to sell advertising space, it must be 100% true and 100% accurately re-stated.

Fire everyone!

You do realize that one of the primary methods of poor logic is attacking the source, not the information itself? Who in their right mind would risk marring their image to express something this negative to the media? Have you ever studied psychology? Anonymity provides the most accurate information possible. Ever heard of an eye witness? Have you ever heard of bulletin board material? Alex Smith who clearly was frustrated with Jimmy Raye wouldn't say anything negative about the OC in his departure. It's an unfair burden to place on your team, your team's chemistry, and your own reputation. Remember the anonymous locker room sources about Nolan? Well all the evidence to follow would support those statements.

I have never seen an NFL team more unprepared in my entire life than the 49ers against Seattle and Kansas City. Heck, even the saints game was a joke the entire first quarter. Against the Saints the home crowd had more to do with the game being close than the coaching staff.

I don't see how you can support Sing when all factual evidence points to the contrary. He doesn't coach the offense, he doesn't coach the defense, and he sure as hell doesn't manage games. He wears a f'ing watch on him to act busy during games. Has somebody told him that this isn't a practice in today's NFL?

Hearsay is an out of court statement offered for the truth of the matter asserted.

Further, a party's credibility is always at issue, so attacking the source is proper.

You do realize that accepting blatant hearsay as gospel truth not only throws the rules of evidence out the window, but also shows a complete lack of critical thinking, right?

And yes, I studied psychology in undergrad before I received my law degree.

Game, set, match.

Blouses win.

Psychology was one of my majors in undergrad and as of last year I too have a law degree, so...........

It doesn't change the fact that you completely failed to address the statement made, which there is more evidence to support than deny.

You are creating a straw man argument by looking at that statement and implying that the only conclusion is to fire everyone given that statement (an extreme), which given that firing everyone is not the logical conclusion of the premise, is a faulty way of disproving the statement itself. Singletary should be fired whether that statement is true or not, he has done nothing to prove worthy of being an nfl coach.

Congrats on your degree!

Actually, I was not arguing, but simply making light of the statements because they are, at best, a mere scintilla of evidence supporting the conclusion reached. But.... accepting anonymous statements like this as truth is par for the course here in the overreacting mess that is NT.

Statements:

1. It was the most unorganized team he has ever been around -- including high school.
2. Singletary and his staff would often wing it when it came to game plans on Sundays.

Among other things, how does one prove the truth of statement #1? Also, how do we know how organized the anonymous source's prior teams were so as to make a comparison?

As to the second statement, how would this person know what Sing and his staff did or did not do to prepare when this person was not around?

Bottom line: Singletary may need to be fired, but those alleged statements (which may not have been made at all, may have been translated incorrectly, or may have been taken out of context) are not reliable evidence supporting that conclusion. THAT was my point.

949 is winner

Legal rules of evidence have nothing to do with rumors about the inner workings of the 49ers. Is this direct testimony from a reliable source? No. So, if we were trying coach Singletary for incompetence in a court of law, those statements would be inadmissible. As fans, though, I think we view such rumors as a theory to be proven or disproven. Who cares who said it. It was said. It's out there for debate. Is there non-testimonial evidence to support this theory? You bet. The team manages the tactics of the game horribly. Poor clock management, burned time outs, gambling in the wrong situations, getting behind almost every week despite having seemingly superior talent, the coach having no experience as a coordinator on either side of the ball, the coach continuing the mantra of pounding the ball despite ample evidence that we can't pull it off....

In a court of law, Singletary walks, just like OJ. In a court of public opinion, he is on thin ice. His only hope is if Johnson saves his bacon with a little innovation on offense and then he's smart enough to get out of the way.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
guess who the person was. i think it was michael robinson.

or Glenn Coffee

He's too busy praying...it was Robinson for sure. He leaked the whole playbook to the SeaSchmucks...

you mean the whole 2 pages of the playbook?

There must have been at least 3 if he had to "shuffle" them to find the plays!

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

The age of the internet, where you can make up s**t about whatever you want and not get called out on it.

but the product on the field supports the alleged fiction So how made up can it possibly be?
ahhh, another year of 49ers football.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Why does this surprise anybody?

seriously. It's been pretty obvious that we get out-coached sunday after sunday. Singletary is gone at the and of the season. Just hope we can find a capable HC.
Not saying that this team is beyond criticism (it's definitely not), but c'mon dude...."an anonymous source?" The reporter could have literally pulled that from his a**.

Anonymous sources are a perfect way of injecting personal opinion into a story without having to be held responsible for it. Kind of like news reporters with the "some people say" line.
We don't make adjustments just excuses
Share 49ersWebzone