There are 219 users in the forums

Another depressing quote from a "source"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by ritchie:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
If it is a quote from an anonymous, involuntary ex-employee relayed to a third party whose job it is to sell advertising space, it must be 100% true and 100% accurately re-stated.

Fire everyone!

You do realize that one of the primary methods of poor logic is attacking the source, not the information itself? Who in their right mind would risk marring their image to express something this negative to the media? Have you ever studied psychology? Anonymity provides the most accurate information possible. Ever heard of an eye witness? Have you ever heard of bulletin board material? Alex Smith who clearly was frustrated with Jimmy Raye wouldn't say anything negative about the OC in his departure. It's an unfair burden to place on your team, your team's chemistry, and your own reputation. Remember the anonymous locker room sources about Nolan? Well all the evidence to follow would support those statements.

I have never seen an NFL team more unprepared in my entire life than the 49ers against Seattle and Kansas City. Heck, even the saints game was a joke the entire first quarter. Against the Saints the home crowd had more to do with the game being close than the coaching staff.

I don't see how you can support Sing when all factual evidence points to the contrary. He doesn't coach the offense, he doesn't coach the defense, and he sure as hell doesn't manage games. He wears a f'ing watch on him to act busy during games. Has somebody told him that this isn't a practice in today's NFL?

Hearsay is an out of court statement offered for the truth of the matter asserted.

Further, a party's credibility is always at issue, so attacking the source is proper.

You do realize that accepting blatant hearsay as gospel truth not only throws the rules of evidence out the window, but also shows a complete lack of critical thinking, right?

And yes, I studied psychology in undergrad before I received my law degree.

Game, set, match.

Blouses win.

Psychology was one of my majors in undergrad and as of last year I too have a law degree, so...........

It doesn't change the fact that you completely failed to address the statement made, which there is more evidence to support than deny.

You are creating a straw man argument by looking at that statement and implying that the only conclusion is to fire everyone given that statement (an extreme), which given that firing everyone is not the logical conclusion of the premise, is a faulty way of disproving the statement itself. Singletary should be fired whether that statement is true or not, he has done nothing to prove worthy of being an nfl coach.

Congrats on your degree!

Actually, I was not arguing, but simply making light of the statements because they are, at best, a mere scintilla of evidence supporting the conclusion reached. But.... accepting anonymous statements like this as truth is par for the course here in the overreacting mess that is NT.

Statements:

1. It was the most unorganized team he has ever been around -- including high school.
2. Singletary and his staff would often wing it when it came to game plans on Sundays.

Among other things, how does one prove the truth of statement #1? Also, how do we know how organized the anonymous source's prior teams were so as to make a comparison?

As to the second statement, how would this person know what Sing and his staff did or did not do to prepare when this person was not around?

Bottom line: Singletary may need to be fired, but those alleged statements (which may not have been made at all, may have been translated incorrectly, or may have been taken out of context) are not reliable evidence supporting that conclusion. THAT was my point.
This is crazy, Singletary needs to rally the troops or something. This team needs to start fresh this week.
Originally posted by 190836:
I am not surprised from coach stop watch, after all he is a Nolan disciple.

And that is the problem here. I remember quotes about how the practices were run and when plays were messed up they would just move on to the next play. Just sloppy practice and Sing is from the same tree it appears.
And Sing has not been a coordinator and I think that is hurting us, as well. As I feared he is not an X n O coach and it shows
If it is a quote from an anonymous, involuntary ex-employee relayed to a third party whose job it is to sell advertising space, it must be 100% true and 100% accurately re-stated.

Fire everyone!

You do realize that one of the primary methods of poor logic is attacking the source, not the information itself? Who in their right mind would risk marring their image to express something this negative to the media? Have you ever studied psychology? Anonymity provides the most accurate information possible. Ever heard of an eye witness? Have you ever heard of bulletin board material? Alex Smith who clearly was frustrated with Jimmy Raye wouldn't say anything negative about the OC in his departure. It's an unfair burden to place on your team, your team's chemistry, and your own reputation. Remember the anonymous locker room sources about Nolan? Well all the evidence to follow would support those statements.

I have never seen an NFL team more unprepared in my entire life than the 49ers against Seattle and Kansas City. Heck, even the saints game was a joke the entire first quarter. Against the Saints the home crowd had more to do with the game being close than the coaching staff.

I don't see how you can support Sing when all factual evidence points to the contrary. He doesn't coach the offense, he doesn't coach the defense, and he sure as hell doesn't manage games. He wears a f'ing watch on him to act busy during games. Has somebody told him that this isn't a practice in today's NFL?

Hearsay is an out of court statement offered for the truth of the matter asserted.

Further, a party's credibility is always at issue, so attacking the source is proper.

You do realize that accepting blatant hearsay as gospel truth not only throws the rules of evidence out the window, but also shows a complete lack of critical thinking, right?

Game, set, match.

Blouses win.

Psychology was one of my majors in undergrad and as of last year I too have a law degree, so...........

It doesn't change the fact that you completely failed to address the statement made, which there is more evidence to support than deny.

You are creating a straw man argument by looking at that statement and implying that the only conclusion is to fire everyone given that statement (an extreme), which given that firing everyone is not the logical conclusion of the premise, is a faulty way of disproving the statement itself. Singletary should be fired whether that statement is true or not, he has done nothing to prove worthy of being an nfl coach.

I two has me a law digree, and wen the party of the firs part hirers a nonqualified party of the second part to coach 53 players of the third thru the 55th part of a multi bauzillon dollar interprize and the team looks like a habeus corpus christy brinkley, then i submit that someone (primarily the second part) needs to be fired pro bono! I rest my face!!!

Fire everyone!

Game, set, match.

Blouses win.

Congrats on your degree!

Actually, I was not arguing, but simply making light of the statements because they are, at best, a mere scintilla of evidence supporting the conclusion reached. But.... accepting anonymous statements like this as truth is par for the course here in the overreacting mess that is NT.

Statements:

1. It was the most unorganized team he has ever been around -- including high school.
2. Singletary and his staff would often wing it when it came to game plans on Sundays.

Among other things, how does one prove the truth of statement #1? Also, how do we know how organized the anonymous source's prior teams were so as to make a comparison?

As to the second statement, how would this person know what Sing and his staff did or did not do to prepare when this person was not around?

Bottom line: Singletary may need to be fired, but those alleged statements (which may not have been made at all, may have been translated incorrectly, or may have been taken out of context) are not reliable evidence supporting that conclusion. THAT was my point.

It is possible that the two yutes...
The rat is definitely Jose Cortez
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Fire everyone!

Game, set, match.

Blouses win.

Congrats on your degree!

Statements:

949 is winner

If you also think that Sing should be fired, then we really aren't arguing over anything here. To be 100% honest, why is it so outlandish for a player to say his high school coach was better?

I guarantee there are a alot of highschool coaches out there that could do a better job than current NFL coaches, but don't have the connections or Hall of Fame credentials to land them an NFL coaching job. My high school coach was the Positive Coaching Alliance coach of the year recipient and ran a well-executed run and shoot offense.... at the highschool level. I can all but guarantee coach Singletary couldn't run an offense that complicated, yet alone teach it to high school kids. He was also a top-notch motivator, qb's coach (he now is with a Top 25 D1 program as the QB coach), and applied his understanding of offense to stop opposing offenses by designing creative blitzes/coverages on defense.

Our game plan so far this season really hasn't changed. We run while it's still close and pass when we have to (being blown out or set up into 3rd and long situations). How could you really game plan any worse to get blown out by two teams with inferior talent? Our offensive gameplan is dictated by the other team, and to me, making your decisions based on reaction is the definition of winging it.

While Singletary isn't entirely to blame for Raye being inept, he is entirely to blame for driving Martz out, bringing Raye in, and failing to see how inept Raye was/is as an offensive coordinator.

I apologize if my previous statements came off as harsh or mean, I mean well. You're obviously in the upper-echelon of intelligence in NT. I've just gotten so sick of Singletary that I need a place to vent.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Sep 28, 2010 at 9:49 AM ]
I call bulls**t on this. Every time a disgruntled player leaves they make stupid comments.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Well they certainly look unprepared.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
It really does make sense.

I mean even if you watch our "good games" (such as the Jags game from last year) or the good quarters that we had...it's from players winging it (2 min offense) or just getting fortunate against bad teams because THANKFULLY our players made plays.

The one that comes to mind is the throw to Morgan for a TD in Seattle last year...it was a great throw and Morgan HAD to make the catch and he did. It didnt look "designed" or schemed. It was some sht straight out of Madden and thankfully Morgan just made a great play and Smith made an excellent throw.

Didn't Alex call the 2 min on his own? I remember the commentator's saying something like that.
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Fire everyone!

Game, set, match.

Blouses win.

Congrats on your degree!

Statements:

949 is winner

If you also think that Sing should be fired than we really aren't arguing over anything here. To be 100% honest, why is it so outlandish for a player to say his high school coach was better.

I guarantee there are a alot of highschool coaches out there that could do a better job tahn current NFL coaches, but don't have the connections or Hall of Fame credentials to land them an NFL coaching job. My high school coach was the Positive Coaching Alliance coach of the year recipient and ran a well-executed run and shoot offense.... at the highschool level. I can all but guarantee coach Singletary couldn't run an offense that complicated, yet alone teach it to high school kids.

Our game plan so far this season really hasn't changed. We run while it's still close and pass when we have to (being blown out or set up into 3rd and long situations). How could you really game plan any worse to get blown out by two teams with inferior talent? Our offensive gameplan is dictated by the other team, and to me, making your decisions based on reaction is the definition of winging it.

While Singletary isn't entirely to blame for Raye being inept, he is entirely to blame for driving Martz out, bringing Raye in, and failing to see how inept Raye was/is as an offensive coordinator.

I apologize if my previous statements came off as harsh or mean, I mean well. You're obviously in the upper-echelon of intelligence in NT. I've just gotten so sick of Singletary that I need a place to vent.

Saul Good, bro-ham. We all (well, MOST of us) want this team - OUR team - to succeed, though we may disagree as to how that should happen.

I also happen to spend too much time mocking NT posters because their statements are often so outlandish; that was all my original post was about. I was not mocking you or your reasons for disliking the coach, and I do think that there are serious concerns about Sing's status. I am not ready say that the team should fire him today, and throw in the towel on the season, without a solid alternative plan in place (something ownership seems to have a tough time doing), however.

I think that Sing has a track record of success in all aspects of his life and has shown the ability to change. I am hopeful that Johnson can provide a spark and get this team moving in the right direction. However, if this season ends up as a failure, then Sing should go if a better option is available.
balmer
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by eric90clark:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by eric90clark:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Shaun Hill, Balmer, Robinson, Mark Roman?

Speaking of Shaun Hill... Is it just me or is Shaun Hill playing out of his MIND right now...

He has a QB rating of 63. Not even better than Alex Smith

I see. Maybe it just seems like Hills playing better than Smith because his team has actually WON a game *cough cough

Detroit is 0-3 *cough cough

Yea, but he probably didn't wait for the call on the challenge on that C. Johnson catch so he thought they won!!! LOL!!!
Originally posted by LongTimeNiner:
I call bulls**t on this. Every time a disgruntled player leaves they make stupid comments.

That is true, but considering how many "rats" and disgruntled players we've had had (both current and former players), and the unusual collapse we've experienced (alot of which can be attributed to our gameplan, game management, and discipline as a team), you have to believe there's some level of truth in it.

We probably think disgruntled ex-player trashtalking is more common than it really is given our recent stint of inept coaching. Barlow made extreme comments about Nolan, but in the end he really wasn't a great coach and really did try and micromanage too much. Yes, alot of these statements are extreme, and in that sense untrue, but there is more often than not truth behind them. Like they say, where there's smoke, there's generally fire.
Share 49ersWebzone