There are 209 users in the forums

Another depressing quote from a "source"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If it is a quote from an anonymous, involuntary ex-employee relayed to a third party whose job it is to sell advertising space, it must be 100% true and 100% accurately re-stated.

Fire everyone!
Originally posted by TDilvr:
My money is on Brandon Jones or MRob. Those 2 had to have left this organization being so damned frustrated with the stupidity that has permeated this organization since Nolan took over. The lax culture that Nolan created lives on in Sing. These 2 players were overlooked and under utilized to the point of absurdity. Seriously why was MRob drafted by us and why was BJ even signed?
Westbrook is here. We all remember that right? We've been too stoooopid to get him onto the field because WE. ARE. A. POWER RUNNING TEAM.

Feck!!!!!!!!

There are 3 remaining constants on this team that have been here throughout the Nolan FAIL era that prolly need to go before this team will ever see the playoffs again. Sing, Smith and Sullivan. Actually the Yorks just need to sell the damn team to somebody with a clue but that ain't gonna happen.

Ever Since Eddie D had to give the team to his sister it's gone straight to hell. The curse of Eddie D!!! U know he wants his team back. His sister is a f**king c**t! U ARE A c**t DENIESE!!!!! Sorry Jed but your mom is a f**king dult!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
If it is a quote from an anonymous, involuntary ex-employee relayed to a third party whose job it is to sell advertising space, it must be 100% true and 100% accurately re-stated.

Fire everyone!

You do realize that one of the primary methods of poor logic is attacking the source, not the information itself? Who in their right mind would risk marring their image to express something this negative to the media? Have you ever studied psychology? Anonymity provides the most accurate information possible. Ever heard of an eye witness? Have you ever heard of bulletin board material? Alex Smith who clearly was frustrated with Jimmy Raye wouldn't say anything negative about the OC in his departure. It's an unfair burden to place on your team, your team's chemistry, and your own reputation. Remember the anonymous locker room sources about Nolan? Well all the evidence to follow would support those statements.

I have never seen an NFL team more unprepared in my entire life than the 49ers against Seattle and Kansas City. Heck, even the saints game was a joke the entire first quarter. Against the Saints the home crowd had more to do with the game being close than the coaching staff.

I don't see how you can support Sing when all factual evidence points to the contrary. He doesn't coach the offense, he doesn't coach the defense, and he sure as hell doesn't manage games. He wears a f'ing watch on him to act busy during games. Has somebody told him that this isn't a practice in today's NFL?
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

Fire everyone!

You do realize that one of the primary methods of poor logic is attacking the source, not the information itself? Who in their right mind would risk marring their image to express something this negative to the media? Have you ever studied psychology? Anonymity provides the most accurate information possible. Ever heard of an eye witness? Have you ever heard of bulletin board material? Alex Smith who clearly was frustrated with Jimmy Raye wouldn't say anything negative about the OC in his departure. It's an unfair burden to place on your team, your team's chemistry, and your own reputation. Remember the anonymous locker room sources about Nolan? Well all the evidence to follow would support those statements.

I have never seen an NFL team more unprepared in my entire life than the 49ers against Seattle and Kansas City. Heck, even the saints game was a joke the entire first quarter. Against the Saints the home crowd had more to do with the game being close than the coaching staff.

I don't see how you can support Sing when all factual evidence points to the contrary. He doesn't coach the offense, he doesn't coach the defense, and he sure as hell doesn't manage games. He wears a f'ing watch on him to act busy during games. Has somebody told him that this isn't a practice in today's NFL?

Hearsay is an out of court statement offered for the truth of the matter asserted.

Further, a party's credibility is always at issue, so attacking the source is proper.

You do realize that accepting blatant hearsay as gospel truth not only throws the rules of evidence out the window, but also shows a complete lack of critical thinking, right?

And yes, I studied psychology in undergrad before I received my law degree.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Sep 28, 2010 at 7:44 AM ]
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
guess who the person was. i think it was michael robinson.

or Glenn Coffee

Maybe thats why Coffe and Balmer jetted?

Fire everyone!

Hearsay is an out of court statement offered for the truth of the matter asserted.

You do realize that accepting blatant hearsay as gospel truth not only throws the rules of evidence out the window, but also shows a complete lack of critical thinking, right?

Fire everyone!

Further, a party's credibility is always at issue, so attacking the source is proper.

Game, set, match.

Blouses win.
Originally posted by ritchie:

Fire everyone!

Game, set, match.

Blouses win.

Fire everyone!

Game, set, match.

Blouses win.

Psychology was one of my majors in undergrad and as of last year I too have a law degree, so...........

It doesn't change the fact that you completely failed to address the statement made, which there is more evidence to support than deny.

You are creating a straw man argument by looking at that statement and implying that the only conclusion is to fire everyone given that statement (an extreme), which given that firing everyone is not the logical conclusion of the premise, is a faulty way of disproving the statement itself. Singletary should be fired whether that statement is true or not, he has done nothing to prove worthy of being an nfl coach.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Sep 28, 2010 at 7:53 AM ]
it was someone who was disgruntled....Balmer, hill, Someone who feels they weren't utilized. Take that for a grain of salt, trust me, if that were the case some player's like willis, VD, and gore wouldn't be so optimistic coming into the season. Im sure anyone who gets fired or laid off from a job talks trash after they leave.

If you are in the middle of a tornado and everything is being blown down it is not necessary to know all the details of wind speed and low pressure areas, you just know to hunker down because it isn't a good situation.

I don't care if the weatherman is high or stupid or pissed that the hot chick in accounting will take over his job, you can see that it is a tornado.

And it doesn't take Holmes on Homes to see the shoddy structures coming down all around you.

Fire everyone!

Game, set, match.

Blouses win.

Psychology was one of my majors in undergrad and as of last year I too have a law degree, so...........

It doesn't change the fact that you completely failed to address the statement made, which there is more evidence to support than deny.

You are creating a straw man argument by looking at that statement and implying that the only conclusion is to fire everyone given that statement (an extreme), which given that firing everyone is not the logical conclusion of the premise, is a faulty way of disproving the statement itself. Singletary should be fired whether that statement is true or not, he has done nothing to prove worthy of being an nfl coach.

Hoping you realize his original statement was meant as a sarcastic jab.

Anyways,

Attacking the source is completely relevant. As someone whose worked in news, the credibility of the source is always called into question. Even discussions as to whether to publish or speak on material presented on a condition of anonymity is always called into play.

Speaking of straw man arguments....
They were 8-8 last season....pretty good for unorganized.
sounds about right to me
  • dj43
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by eric90clark:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Shaun Hill, Balmer, Robinson, Mark Roman?

Speaking of Shaun Hill... Is it just me or is Shaun Hill playing out of his MIND right now...

He has a QB rating of 63. Not even better than Alex Smith

And Hill has better wide receivers than Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone