LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 191 users in the forums

We need to make changes to our OL if we go to the spread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Only possible mix-ups I see for Sunday are Snyder replacing Chilo, and Heitmann going back to center.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Only spread we are doing is our butt cheeks on Sundays.

LOL!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
A. Davis is horrible against the pass rush and he would need to be replaced until he can improve his skills. the thing with the spread offense is that you need time to throw, with davis being in there, i just dont see how that is going to work

Why not have Byham help on davis's side? Or have vernon on that side giving a quick bump on the DE before leaking out?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If we're going to replace anyone it has to be Chilo Rachal

This. Davis needs the reps.
Originally posted by Wewillwin:
A. Davis is horrible against the pass rush and he would need to be replaced until he can improve his skills. the thing with the spread offense is that you need time to throw, with davis being in there, i just dont see how that is going to work

Why not have Byham help on davis's side? Or have vernon on that side giving a quick bump on the DE before leaking out?

Who the heck do you think you are? Using some common sense like that! Raye would be soooo ashamed of you!

Or Gore can chip . . . there are several ways Davis can get some help without benching him . . . if we actually go base spread.
Originally posted by wailers15:
ONLY 1 CHANGE ON THE O-LINE NEEDS TO TAKE PLACE!!

GET CHILO OUT OF THERE!!!

Davis will be fine. He needs to be in there. He needs this. It builds character and he will learn from it. He's ONLY 20!!!!!!!!!!!! Give him a break.

I gaurantee if snyder started at guard next to him his play would be better. Snyder could help him out.
He can help Davis out with certain packages the Defense throws at him etc.

Word.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Or Gore can chip . . . there are several ways Davis can get some help without benching him . . . if we actually go base spread.

yea, but snyder should definitely go in. freaken chilo is not playing good at all. And snyder + davis played really well together

I cant imagine either of the rookies getting benched.

Agreed!

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

yea, but snyder should definitely go in. freaken chilo is not playing good at all. And snyder + davis played really well together

Agreed, the only logical move is Snyder for Rachal, and that's more to do with Rachal being terrrible than Snyder being anything. When Heitmann gets back, we might try Baas there.

What's that about Byham helping out Davis in pass protection? Seriously, a sixth round pick at TE is going to help out a number 11 overall at OT?
Originally posted by wailers15:
ONLY 1 CHANGE ON THE O-LINE NEEDS TO TAKE PLACE!!

GET CHILO OUT OF THERE!!!

Davis will be fine. He needs to be in there. He needs this. It builds character and he will learn from it. He's ONLY 20!!!!!!!!!!!! Give him a break.

I gaurantee if snyder started at guard next to him his play would be better. Snyder could help him out.
He can help Davis out with certain packages the Defense throws at him etc.

This.
If not Snyder then Heitman when he is back. Just knowing a veteran is next to him should and did help Davis. Having a total suck next to him isn't helping.
Share 49ersWebzone