There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you guys think alex smith should be back next year if he performs ok

Do you guys think alex smith should be back next year if he performs ok

It depends on what else we have and if we don't have anything better. And how he performs for 13 games under a new OC.
Do we need yet another Alex Smith thread? No.
By week 10 we will know the answer.
Superbowl victory=YES
Top 10 QB rating= YES
Least number of int's in league = Yes

Anything less= Nah seen enough, he bores me!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Superbowl victory=YES
Top 10 QB rating= YES
Least number of int's in league = Yes

Anything less= Nah seen enough, he bores me!

this.
if we end up in the playoffs yes but I will also draft a qb just like the chargers did a few years back we keep alex and continue to compete making playoffs appearances and then we chose if we trade him or traded the qb we have been developing... but if we go to the playoffs this year it will be a mayor step...
he just needs to scramble right and throw the ball out of bounds 10 more times a game and i will be sold!
why can't alex play like steve young? When no body is open, RUN.
after this year he's a free agent and we have no other options at that position. If he's ok through the rest of the season keep him
Fire him
Unless a great free agent pickup comes along, then we keep Alex Smith for the short-term. He'll be willing to stay because he knows he needs continuity, and he's the type to not quit at something he starts.

Of course, if he performs only "OK," we draft a QB high in the draft next year. We play Alex Smith while we groom this young guy. That young QB next year would need some development time, while Alex would be a borderline starting NFL QB. I'm sure he'll be our QB next season.
Really ?

Is this even question worth asking.
I need a string of good games with wins..not padding stats at the end of games when we down by 4 touchdowns and the team is playing prevent defense....I need to stop seeing these wild throws off target getting tipped all over the place...trying to throw balls in a crowd of 8 defenders....like he just closing his eyes and throwing the football!....The way Smith throws the ball he need Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Chris Carter and Marvin Harrison to have any success....
I think Alex Smith should be the Niners QB for 15 more years. No questions asked.