There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shouldn't Mamamusky be fired too?

Shouldn't Mamamusky be fired too?

nice technique by phillip adams with the press coverage near goalline---when he gets cut by niners he should go to mexico and get work as a matador
yes!!!!!

Where was Willis yesterday?
Originally posted by montana2rice:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Said it for a while now... too much talent on this defense to play like that. We can cut down our players all we want, but it's the scheme and utilization.... not the talent of the players.

Axe Manusky... dump Franklin and the 3-4 defense.

talent?!?!?!? name one person other than willis that is a stud? franklin? haralson? goldson? clement? lawson?

all of those guys are average. the only guy i like other than willis is smith but he's above average at best too.

No. They are made to look average because through designed scheme, they are not put in the better situations to succeed. Lawson will get a huge contract when and if he departs... that is because teams... good teams with good coaches KNOW that they can better utilize him. Do you think Nate Clements just suddenly forgot how to play CB after signing his 60+ million $ contract? Nope...

IT'S MOSTLY ABOUT SCHEME making these players look good or subpar. NFL players are in the league because they are talented... but it's up to adept coaching and the players' own effort levels to develop into good players.
Said it for a while now... too much talent on this defense to play like that. We can cut down our players all we want, but it's the scheme and utilization.... not the talent of the players.

talent?!?!?!? name one person other than willis that is a stud? franklin? haralson? goldson? clement? lawson?

all of those guys are average. the only guy i like other than willis is smith but he's above average at best too.

No. They are made to look average because through designed scheme, they are not put in the better situations to succeed. Lawson will get a huge contract when and if he departs... that is because teams... good teams with good coaches KNOW that they can better utilize him. Do you think Nate Clements just suddenly forgot how to play CB after signing his 60+ million $ contract? Nope...

IT'S MOSTLY ABOUT SCHEME making these players look good or subpar. NFL players are in the league because they are talented... but it's up to adept coaching and the players' own effort levels to develop into good players.

This is a prime example of how Tully Banta-Cain can look pretty good (not great) but at least pretty good with the Pats, come to San Fran and look horrible and then go back to the Pats and look pretty good again.....
Originally posted by Eduardo75:

This is a prime example of how Tully Banta-Cain can look pretty good (not great) but at least pretty good with the Pats, come to San Fran and look horrible and then go back to the Pats and look pretty good again.....

Thank you, yes... a very good example indeed.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KALI-KING:
I'm would fire every coach we have! Manusky isn't good, he doesn't make any adjusments, we haven't been able to stop a screen pass for 2 years.

Manusky might not be our biggest problem, but he IS part of the problem.

Can't wait for next year.

manusky..has got to go as well..really just gtfo
  • dmax
  • Veteran

great example
Originally posted by dmax:

great example

That's my favorite example. Julian Peterson is another...terrible in the 3-4; used like Lawson is now, in coverage a lot, can't generate any pass rush and then goes to Seattle's 4-3 where he's got 4 active boys in front of him, he's allowed to be the "free man" ala Willis in our D and suddenly he's pass rushing and making plays. It's scheme ppl.

Manusky has Brooks (2 sacks, 2 TFL, 3 QB's yesterday in a split-starting duty with LaBoy b/c Haralson was injured) and that right there is more than Lawson has produced all year combined. Manusky doesn't want pass rushers at the OLB positions. He wants guys who can set the edge only and drop back in coverage. Again, this is with the idea that if you stop the run you win...and if you keep everything in front of you, eventually, the other team will make a mistake and turn the ball over. Then we tigthen up in the red zone.

Our 3-4 is as vanilla and predictable as it gets!
the entire coaching staff should/will get fired.
If a new HC is brought in, expect new coordinators.

I hate Manuskys 34. I thought coming from SD that it would be schemed more like Wades, but it's basically a cover 2 in a 34 shell.
The defense is soft. A little cold and they forget how to tackle. Glad I didn't waste my time watching the whole game. NFL RedZone showed me all I needed to see. We look like a B league team.
Fire em' all..
The reason I dont like munusky is his pass defense sucks he plays his corners 5 to 10 yards off the ball in soft zone coverage we have made every qb we played except jason cambell and derek anderson look like the 2nd coming of joe montana. The bottom line is matt hassleback drew brees matt kassell matt ryan kevin kolb matt moore kyle orton sam bradford josh freeman aaron rogers all qbs looked like world beaters against us why greg manusky pass defense sucks period. The strength of the defense supposed to be the run defense it has been inconsistent allowing two runner to get over 95 yrds in kc and eagles desean mccoy and bucs big legarette blount all had big games against us. This last week was the worst trailing by 15pts 13 minutes in 4th quarter they let packers run 9 straight times to run the clock out with a running back i never heard of manusky is not an elite defensive coordinator like rex ryan dick lebeau he is not a terrible defensive coordinator but we could use an upgrade at HC OC and DC
What good is firing him now going to do?
Back up the truck......and start loading.