There are 167 users in the forums

Shouldn't Mamamusky be fired too?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Shouldn't Mamamusky be fired too?

• dugo
  • Veteran
I'm Papa musky.....
maybe manusky is losing on purpose?! LOL jk

he shouldnt be fired but there is clearly something WRONG!! how do we go from one of the top defenses last year (although our pass defense was average at best) to one of the worst in general.

i dont look at stats. i look at what we do and we arent cutting it on defense.

FIRE singletary and get someone in asap
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I dont know who Mamamusky is but Greg Manusky should be fired, yes. But only because he is on Mike Singletary's staff and this is Mike Singletary's Team. Had he been able to impart his own vision on this D, we may have seen other things from him. He's trapped within Mike's clutches.
I think the lack of turnover production that kept us in games last year is clearly missing this year. Remember when Mark Roman had that interception against the Bears? I sure do! The fact that Dashon Goldson does not have even one interception this year sure speaks to the suggestion that we're getting exposed for not making the big plays. The responsibility for that should be Manusky's; he should be creating schemes that ADAPT well to the opposing offense and are flexible enough to shut down whatever the other team is doing and not allow halftime adjustments to cream the defense.

I do believe that even with as average players as we have in the secondary, if good coverage schemes were correctly called and put the players in position to succeed, we wouldn't be having this problem.
Hell yes he should be fired.

~Ceadder
I like to call the defense that Manusky utilizes as "we know you're going to score on us but don't want it to be on a big play" defense.

3rd and 3. Eh, let's just play 10 yards off the LOS. It's bend then finally break within the 10 yard line game plan.
Our defense is the #1 biggest disappointment of the entire season. After this long in the same system with the same coach we have gotten worse every year...what a freaking joke.
  • Gabie
Hell yes he should. Can't blame sing for his actions. He has a great group of players and calls insanely bad calls.
Yes he should go too, the defense plays way too soft and no pass rush. But they won't have to fire him because the new HC will let him go.
Said it for a while now... too much talent on this defense to play like that. We can cut down our players all we want, but it's the scheme and utilization.... not the talent of the players.

Axe Manusky... dump Franklin and the 3-4 defense.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Dec 5, 2010 at 4:25 PM ]

Yes, after so many years, we still can't defend the screen nor can we rush the passer when it matters, we still give up huge plays when it matters.

Manusky should be gone!
He is a bum like many people in this organization.
If Eddie D's right about Jed making some tough decisions after the season, then he'll bring in a legit GM who should be allowed to hire the best experienced head coach available. I hope that guy's Gruden, but anyone who understands 21st century offenses would be a huge step in the right direction. The new head coach will bring in his own staff, so most of what we have now will be gone, including DC.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No he's pretty solid and probably the next HC after sing fails. Because the Yorks like to hire from within.

Cuz they're cheap b*****ds

O god no! if that happens might as well sell the team. I want a offensive head coach one who can use the weapons we have rather then use one weapon all game and force it even in the second half.

I like to keep him as dc, but if he walks to another team i don't view it as a loss if sing is going with him.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Said it for a while now... too much talent on this defense to play like that. We can cut down our players all we want, but it's the scheme and utilization.... not the talent of the players.

Axe Manusky... dump Franklin and the 3-4 defense.

talent?!?!?!? name one person other than willis that is a stud? franklin? haralson? goldson? clement? lawson?

all of those guys are average. the only guy i like other than willis is smith but he's above average at best too.
Share 49ersWebzone