There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shouldn't Mamamusky be fired too?

Shouldn't Mamamusky be fired too?

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Point being are weak spots are not getting corrected either. Brown is garbage, Lewis is old, Parys is useless..etc etc Granted we held Sea very well, but they scored on a few fluke blown plays...we cant have that happen. And KC ran all f**king day on us and I didn't seen any adjustments being made.

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Yea...lets fire him too because our defense had one bad game.

No -- but they haven't had one "bad game" either.

In fact -- they've been pretty terrible.

There's been a noticeable falloff in the play of the front seven -- and I still can't figure out why.

Our secondary wasn't all that great to begin with -- but those weaknesses were masked by a good D-Line and some great linebacker play.

But that was last year. This year? The play of that front seven hasn't been nearly as good.

Why? If I knew the answer why -- I'd be the Head Coach!

We were one of the top defenses before this week's game. Revis gave up a few big plays last year - so does that mean he is no good? This is the NFL - there are going to be some blown coverages, they are going to be some points scored. Baltimore Ravens just gave up a no name RB almost 150 yards on the ground this week. This happens to every team - every great defense.

Let's not go ahead and fire everybody. We finished near the top last year in defense and we will likely finish near the top this year. We have had some trouble in the past with super-fast RBs, just like Peyton Manning has had trouble with 3-4 defenses in general. Doesn't mean you cut him because he has failed to make the adjustments.

Lewis and Brown have always been liabilities in coverage, I have been asking for faster DB's for 2 years. Clements and Brown wont be here for very long, each for different reasons. Manusky isn't making the adjustments or personnel moves he should be. Our fastest guy on D isn't on the field, and he will be a SS. We need more speed and better replacements.
Different scenario than Raye's situation. Raye had his play makers in place and failed to utilize them. Granted, our situation up front isn't exactly making it easy to get the ball in the hands of those play makers, but that had to be expected with 2 rookies up front and that's why you have to be versatile. Jimmy (and or Sing?) seem to have lost that ability to utilize the offense they DO have as opposed to what they've been doing which is beat this offense into what they want them to be...doesn't make any sense to me??? This team needs to be a little flexible in the play calling and game planning until this line can execute all of the things expected of them without our best offensive weapon babysitting them in pass protect. Anytime now Heitmann; rub some dirt on it

The defense is incomplete STILL and until Manusky has his pass rusher(s) in place and a proper goddamn corner to put in front of the opposition's primary wide out and maybe even a safety that can play cover 2, then I think replacing him is moot. I can't see a lot of good stuff coming from a change like that right now.

That said; he can definitely help the situation with our DB's by taking the leash of these LB's. Let's bring more than 1 and let em bounce around at the line and faint some blitzes. If nothing else let's go out swinging and have some goddamn fun goddamnit. I understand the value of positioning and keeping the play in front of you, but what we do pre snap is vanilla and it ain't working. We don't have to evolve into the Steelers overnight or anything; just let em play some f**king ball already.

Or maybe simplify the thing: take a risk and let Brooks take the reigns from Harralson. Manny's clearly a Sam and that 3 down backside pressure would sure be a god send right now. I personally couldn't give less of a sh*t if Brooks can't "defend the pass" or "set the edge". The guy can get after the QB's ass; everything else he'll learn by feel and sight. I believe the old adage: there's no simulating game reps. Besides; Willis is right beside em, what could possibly go wrong...couldn't get any worse, that's for damn sure
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
His defense was shredded into oblivion yesterday.

#1 run defense haha hell no.

No way. Raye was fired based on a continuous pattern of suck. The trend is not the same for Manusky.

lmao
Point being are weak spots are not getting corrected either. Brown is garbage, Lewis is old, Parys is useless..etc etc Granted we held Sea very well, but they scored on a few fluke blown plays...we cant have that happen. And KC ran all f**king day on us and I didn't seen any adjustments being made.

There's been a noticeable falloff in the play of the front seven -- and I still can't figure out why.

Our secondary wasn't all that great to begin with -- but those weaknesses were masked by a good D-Line and some great linebacker play.

But that was last year. This year? The play of that front seven hasn't been nearly as good.

We were one of the top defenses before this week's game. Revis gave up a few big plays last year - so does that mean he is no good? This is the NFL - there are going to be some blown coverages, they are going to be some points scored. Baltimore Ravens just gave up a no name RB almost 150 yards on the ground this week. This happens to every team - every great defense.

Let's not go ahead and fire everybody. We finished near the top last year in defense and we will likely finish near the top this year. We have had some trouble in the past with super-fast RBs, just like Peyton Manning has had trouble with 3-4 defenses in general. Doesn't mean you cut him because he has failed to make the adjustments.

Lewis and Brown have always been liabilities in coverage, I have been asking for faster DB's for 2 years. Clements and Brown wont be here for very long, each for different reasons. Manusky isn't making the adjustments or personnel moves he should be. Our fastest guy on D isn't on the field, and he will be a SS. We need more speed and better replacements.

You are talking about Taylor Mays? I would throw him in there ASAP. Reggie Smith is not banging SS. He's a free safety (a little soft) but a good player. I would forget about all this BS that the defensive scheme is tough for a safety to learn in his first year...let the kid make it up with ATHLETISM and speed
Originally posted by GoGetit:

You are talking about Taylor Mays? I would throw him in there ASAP. Reggie Smith is not banging SS. He's a free safety (a little soft) but a good player. I would forget about all this BS that the defensive scheme is tough for a safety to learn in his first year...let the kid make it up with ATHLETISM and speed

They need to move Dashon to SS and put Reggie in at FS.

Give NaVorro a few more opportunities out there.

But firing Manusky? With everything else that's wrong with this team? Laughable.
No way i can know this but my money is on Bigmike(BM) calling the D or at least setting the D, and also dictating who starts and who plays where. Based on that, pay attn to the first 2-3 games with BM on a short "2 more loses and you're gone" leash. Look for manusk to finally , for certain be calling the D, and Bm does nothing but take a good BM after the game.

My guess he is a figurehead, and how manusk and MJ manage will determine if Bm makes it to the break or not. I bet not, but even if he stays, the BM reign is over here. NO way he comes back next yr. Jed is starting to notice that this O bizness is serious stuff meant for guys well schooled in new age play calling, both O and D...neither of which BM is even remotely familiar with.

So if you see a very different D out there, you will know for certain that Bm HAS been calling the D, something i have maintained for some time now. Also, manusk doesn't have his DL set, and is missing the passrush OLB he needs. At least one corner maybe two. then we can gauge him. But if he doesn't show us much more than before, he is out at seasons end also, unless the 9ers turn in some blowout losses by say 40 pts...then manusk is gone at end of yr also.

Good news? any GM, or acting GM who drafts like baalke is also capable of drafting HCs. So cheer up guys, the earth has moved and things will be better.
Last year we were 3rd in sacks with 44. But 26 of those came in the 6 games against the NFC West; another 6 came against Jacksonville. Why do I poin this out? We don't have a bona fide pass rusher. Manusky has to manufacture a rush through SCHEME!

What about team speed? Clements? Tarell Brown? Spencer? Goldson? Michael Lewis?!!! Manusky has to cover this weakness as well with SCHEME!

Now put an offense on the field that can't sustain drives, and what do you get? Tired players trying to out-execute heir opponents with a more intricate scheme! It just isn't going to work consistently.

We don't need to replace Manusky: we need to give him corners, speed rushers, AND an offense that can do its share!

Hahahaha Egg in your face 85% who said no.

:P
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Hahahaha Egg in your face 85% who said no.

:P
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Why fire him, his contract is up this year.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Why fire him, his contract is up this year.

okay lets just make sure the new coach brings in a completely new staff
Originally posted by bret:
Last year we were 3rd in sacks with 44. But 26 of those came in the 6 games against the NFC West; another 6 came against Jacksonville. Why do I poin this out? We don't have a bona fide pass rusher. Manusky has to manufacture a rush through SCHEME!

What about team speed? Clements? Tarell Brown? Spencer? Goldson? Michael Lewis?!!! Manusky has to cover this weakness as well with SCHEME!

Now put an offense on the field that can't sustain drives, and what do you get? Tired players trying to out-execute heir opponents with a more intricate scheme! It just isn't going to work consistently.

We don't need to replace Manusky: we need to give him corners, speed rushers, AND an offense that can do its share!

This defense is weak. If they stopped someone they would get off of the field. The majority of this loss must be attributed to safeties who can't cover or tackle. Goldsten should never see the the field again. The DB's are not fast or physical and they still make the same mistakes that they always make. Manusky...ahhh...he has not elevated this defense.
I'm would fire every coach we have! Manusky isn't good, he doesn't make any adjusments, we haven't been able to stop a screen pass for 2 years.

Manusky might not be our biggest problem, but he IS part of the problem.

Can't wait for next year.
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by bret:

If we had all that we wouldn't need a DC.