There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shouldn't Mamamusky be fired too?

Shouldn't Mamamusky be fired too?

Originally posted by whatawegot:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Point being are weak spots are not getting corrected either. Brown is garbage, Lewis is old, Parys is useless..etc etc Granted we held Sea very well, but they scored on a few fluke blown plays...we cant have that happen. And KC ran all f**king day on us and I didn't seen any adjustments being made.

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Yea...lets fire him too because our defense had one bad game.

No -- but they haven't had one "bad game" either.

In fact -- they've been pretty terrible.

There's been a noticeable falloff in the play of the front seven -- and I still can't figure out why.

Our secondary wasn't all that great to begin with -- but those weaknesses were masked by a good D-Line and some great linebacker play.

But that was last year. This year? The play of that front seven hasn't been nearly as good.

Why? If I knew the answer why -- I'd be the Head Coach!

We were one of the top defenses before this week's game. Revis gave up a few big plays last year - so does that mean he is no good? This is the NFL - there are going to be some blown coverages, they are going to be some points scored. Baltimore Ravens just gave up a no name RB almost 150 yards on the ground this week. This happens to every team - every great defense.

Let's not go ahead and fire everybody. We finished near the top last year in defense and we will likely finish near the top this year. We have had some trouble in the past with super-fast RBs, just like Peyton Manning has had trouble with 3-4 defenses in general. Doesn't mean you cut him because he has failed to make the adjustments.

So that means we are going to get slaughtered this week, right. ANother fast team on carpet. Im very, very worried as should most realist niner fans.

I hope not -- but the realist in me says "don't put any coin on that team to win."

So -- I won't. I may go a step further and use Atlanta as my "pick the winner" pick of the week.

However -- when I bet against the Niners -- it normally backfires on me big time.

We'll see...
It's hillarious how little people on the webzone know about football! Yeah let's fire the only coach who actually knows what he's doing................the webzone never ceases to amaze me!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Point being are weak spots are not getting corrected either. Brown is garbage, Lewis is old, Parys is useless..etc etc Granted we held Sea very well, but they scored on a few fluke blown plays...we cant have that happen. And KC ran all f**king day on us and I didn't seen any adjustments being made.

There's been a noticeable falloff in the play of the front seven -- and I still can't figure out why.

Our secondary wasn't all that great to begin with -- but those weaknesses were masked by a good D-Line and some great linebacker play.

But that was last year. This year? The play of that front seven hasn't been nearly as good.

We were one of the top defenses before this week's game. Revis gave up a few big plays last year - so does that mean he is no good? This is the NFL - there are going to be some blown coverages, they are going to be some points scored. Baltimore Ravens just gave up a no name RB almost 150 yards on the ground this week. This happens to every team - every great defense.

Let's not go ahead and fire everybody. We finished near the top last year in defense and we will likely finish near the top this year. We have had some trouble in the past with super-fast RBs, just like Peyton Manning has had trouble with 3-4 defenses in general. Doesn't mean you cut him because he has failed to make the adjustments.

So that means we are going to get slaughtered this week, right. ANother fast team on carpet. Im very, very worried as should most realist niner fans.

Which fast RB on Atlanta are you talking about mr. realist?

Which fast RB on Atlanta are you talking about mr. realist?

got a little ahead of myself. I realize this post was referencing running backs but im talking about the speed of their receivers and all around team speed on carpet which i guaranted will open up the running game. Watch!!!. Since this niner team is not know for getting it, i hardly doubt after looking at last years massacre at home they will make the necessary coaching adjustments this week. Do you?
Originally posted by Ramp19Stoner:
It's hillarious how little people on the webzone know about football! Yeah let's fire the only coach who actually knows what he's doing................the webzone never ceases to amaze me!

Stoner, I agree that he looks like he knows what he is doing. But let's not delude ourselves into thinking that he is in the upper third of DCs.

Revis didn't even give up big games let alone big plays last year, and thats the first time I remember anyone killing Baltimore like that since... EVER. The difference is we have given up multiple big plays in 2 out of 3 games. Yes the offense put the D in a couple of bad spots but it wasn't the O getting burned on double moves and missing tackles.

Our D is above average and nowhere near the Ravens, Steelers or Jets. When we need them the most they show up sometimes. They don't impose their will on anyone. Prime example was the Saints game, right after we took the lead they just drove down the field on us. Helped by a mental mistake/superstar personal foul call.

But I am not advocating firing Manusky, I think we are short a few players at key positions before we can be elite anyway

exactyly. those of you who are overreacting need to get a clue.
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Ramp19Stoner:

Stoner, I agree that he looks like he knows what he is doing. But let's not delude ourselves into thinking that he is in the upper third of DCs.

he had one bad game!!!!! get over it!!!!

niner talk at its finest
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
His defense was shredded into oblivion yesterday.

#1 run defense haha hell no.

After 1 bad game??

GTFO! Please... Just go to your account settings and do us all a favor by clicking on the "delete my account" link.
  • kem99
  • Veteran

There was an obvious candidate to take over the OC position if Raye was let go. Who exactly would take over as the DC if Manusky was fired????
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redmanc07:

Revis didn't even give up big games let alone big plays last year, and thats the first time I remember anyone killing Baltimore like that since... EVER. The difference is we have given up multiple big plays in 2 out of 3 games. Yes the offense put the D in a couple of bad spots but it wasn't the O getting burned on double moves and missing tackles.

Our D is above average and nowhere near the Ravens, Steelers or Jets. When we need them the most they show up sometimes. They don't impose their will on anyone. Prime example was the Saints game, right after we took the lead they just drove down the field on us. Helped by a mental mistake/superstar personal foul call.

But I am not advocating firing Manusky, I think we are short a few players at key positions before we can be elite anyway

Revis did give up big plays and Ravens did give up a lot of yards to some RBs (Cedric Benson is one from the top of my head).
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

After 1 bad game??

GTFO! Please... Just go to your account settings and do us all a favor by clicking on the "delete my account" link.

the entire team needs to be prepared better, and they need to execute. Raye was not our biggest problem, IMO, and I don't think Manusky is a problem at all. The team is always unprepared, doesn't make adjustments, starts slowly, and cannot win on the road. This, to me, all adds up to a fundamental flaw in the basic organization of the team, which stems from the HC
where's the "hell no" option?