There are 166 users in the forums

ESPN: Smith worst QB in NFC West and getting worse

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for Norcal9erfan.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
7 points from our O just isn't going to cut it...

Time to see what else we have sitting on the shelf. Lets get David in there and see what he can do already...

No.....

Leave Smith in for the entire year and let him sink by himself. Its so f**king sad to say, but we MUST sacrifice yet another season so we can finally shut the Smith-loving homers up! New QB and new HC for 2011!!!

GRUDEN + 1st round competent rookie for 2011!!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Time to see what else we have sitting on the shelf. Lets get David in there and see what he can do already...

No.....

Leave Smith in for the entire year and let him sink by himself. Its so f**king sad to say, but we MUST sacrifice yet another season so we can finally shut the Smith-loving homers up! New QB and new HC for 2011!!!

if dreams only came true......
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

No.....

Have you seen Bradford play BTW??

No.....

Ugh dude I supported Smith(not as a lover homer guy) but I'm done, watching him play is torture. If he keeps this s**t up through the 1st half of Philly he's got to go. I want to see what Carr or T.Smith can do. We're still in the hunt for our pathetic division, we just need a guy who will make a few throws downfield and can check the f**k down properly as QB. Maybe Carr is that guy.

No.....

yes bro, yes.

insert that f**ker in our O, we'd be unstoppable.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by kdogg:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

so we have one of the smartest QB's in the game who can't throw
one of the dumbest on the PS with a rocket arm
a guy who's has been sacked so many times he has Christy Everett syndrome
and an unproven Heisman Trophy winner

Nice summary

not as nice as your two word retort with a yawning face
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by crzy:
f**k Alex Smith

We wasted six years on this guy. Six seasons playing the "excuses" game, dreaming that one day he would suddenly morph into a compenent quarterback.

Alex Smith should repay every single 49er fan who went to a game that he started in the past five years....all the f**king money they spent supporting him. Only then will I forgive that a*****e.

Who gives a s**t if he's a nice guy. That only makes it worse. If he was an a*****e like Ryan Leaf, maybe the f**king Alex Smith experiment would have ended ALREADY and we would have drafted Drew Brees and Philip RIVERS like the CHARGERS DID.

f**k YOU ALEX SMITH

YOU ARE GARBAGE. THE WORST QUARTERBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THIS GAME.

It's true that him being nice bought him more time, but whatever. It's over now and I'm glad the team is finally gonna f**king move forward.

Yeah, but we have to wait another 11 months until meaningful 49er football, September 2011

You're dreaming.

It will be a long time -- much longer than 2011 -- before you see meaningful 49er football again.

This is just the latest reincarnation of suck.

We have a long way to go.

There is no guarantee a team will ever improve in prfessional sports. Us in the Bay Area can attest to that when we look over at the Golden State Warriors. I hate to make the comparison, but I see the similarities in how both these organizations can;t build a foundation, and go back to the drawing board with a new plan every few years after more losing seasons.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It doesn't matter if we have peyton or brady or brees out there. I have stated and continue to maintain that bigmike(BM) is micromanaging both D and O, and calling plays...hence they never got in on time for 18 frigging mos...and until the cancer is gone, this team is going to continue to waste away. FIRE BM now. NOW. TODAY. That is, IMO, the one and only way in which we can start over. See my lengthy post in Ang's thread on "who to blame for ATL flameout", for what to do after schidt canning BM. We can be a much, much better football team without BM at the helm. Right now he is a joke, a very damaging joke, is talked about on all sport shows, and frankly has no support other than an occasional diehard.

Quaterback, schmaterback...it doesn't matter who the QB is when the guy driving the bus is a dipstick. And that dipstick...he is ours, but only by the grace of jedi jed. FIRE BM and maybe the york's get their new stadium built. Continue on with a proven loser and they are losing fans, money and...chance for a new stadium getting built. If i were a SC voter, i would never vote any bond money for a team that has a loser as a coach, who has lost the locker room, not to mention 4 straight games, and is going backward as fast as he can.

How do we encourage the owner's to fire the main problem here? Anyone have any ideas, because i am desperate to see us turn this around. Probably we'll win a game and then everything will be alright until we lose the next 5 or 6. Any ideas, any at all out there on how to get BM schidt canned?

And I thought a good, solid, BM would make most on here feel better...
It sucks have a horrible inaccurate qb back there! If only he hit Morgan wide open.... We prob win this game! Alex needs to be benched!

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

No.....

Ugh dude I supported Smith(not as a lover homer guy) but I'm done, watching him play is torture. If he keeps this s**t up through the 1st half of Philly he's got to go. I want to see what Carr or T.Smith can do. We're still in the hunt for our pathetic division, we just need a guy who will make a few throws downfield and can check the f**k down properly as QB. Maybe Carr is that guy.

You sure?? I swear we had more than one infamous Smith-debates. Regardless, I'm glad we are on the same page now my 49er-brother.

As to Carr... I disagree. Leave Smith in there the entire year and lets convince everyone that he is not the QB we've been waiting/hoping for him to turn into.

PS- You might want to re-visit and update:

PYMWYMI - Alex Smith
Originally posted by maximill15:
It sucks have a horrible inaccurate qb back there! If only he hit Morgan wide open.... We prob win this game! Alex needs to be benched!

Alex has a horrible deep ball. Then I see him make bad short intermediate passes (ala tip passes). What the hell is good at?

No.....

yes bro, yes.

We need next year's Bradford/Stafford/Sanchez/Flacco/Ryan... A kid with brains, balls, and "IT", who can make throws accurately. Especially those over 20 yards.

No.....

yes bro, yes.

We need next year's Bradford/Stafford/Sanchez/Flacco/Ryan... A kid with brains, balls, and "IT", who can make throws accurately. Especially those over 20 yards.

Problem is who do we have to find that guy?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It doesn't matter if we have peyton or brady or brees out there. I have stated and continue to maintain that bigmike(BM) is micromanaging both D and O, and calling plays...hence they never got in on time for 18 frigging mos...and until the cancer is gone, this team is going to continue to waste away. FIRE BM now. NOW. TODAY. That is, IMO, the one and only way in which we can start over. See my lengthy post in Ang's thread on "who to blame for ATL flameout", for what to do after schidt canning BM. We can be a much, much better football team without BM at the helm. Right now he is a joke, a very damaging joke, is talked about on all sport shows, and frankly has no support other than an occasional diehard.

Quaterback, schmaterback...it doesn't matter who the QB is when the guy driving the bus is a dipstick. And that dipstick...he is ours, but only by the grace of jedi jed. FIRE BM and maybe the york's get their new stadium built. Continue on with a proven loser and they are losing fans, money and...chance for a new stadium getting built. If i were a SC voter, i would never vote any bond money for a team that has a loser as a coach, who has lost the locker room, not to mention 4 straight games, and is going backward as fast as he can.

How do we encourage the owner's to fire the main problem here? Anyone have any ideas, because i am desperate to see us turn this around. Probably we'll win a game and then everything will be alright until we lose the next 5 or 6. Any ideas, any at all out there on how to get BM schidt canned?

And I thought a good, solid, BM would make most on here feel better...

I think BM is doing a great job each week. He has shown that him and his crew can keep up with good teams (NO and ATL). BM can only do so much and when players don't perform....cough...cough...A. Smith...cough that is not his fault. BM is not on the feild playing...so again not his fault. Did you see him just kneeling down during the last mins of the game. That was a look of a man just utterly defeated...And honestly it was quite sad. Because they did make some adjustments during the second half do keep them in the game. Please don't blame Nate Clements for the lose as well becuase the defense cause a lot of three and outs. What did the offense do??? 7 points in the 1qrt then laid goose eggs for the last 3qrts So please stop blaming BM and NC as well.
Share 49ersWebzone