There are 160 users in the forums

New O Concern

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guys. I have to appologize, It doesn't matter who we have as an offensive coordinator. Alex Smith can't get it done. After his 2/5 td to interception ratio, and terrible throws in his 6th season. I say we go in another direction. Let the kid play his career out somewhere else, thank him for his hard work, his great attitude and for his love for the game. Give him a nice parting gift and wish him well.

Let's move on.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Mike Johnson has never been an OC and Sing doesn't know O. Are they going to be able to field a competitive well planned O?

Anyone else share this concern?

Absolutely.

Not at all. He has been around long enough to know what to do. It is not like he is coming in from the street.

Kinda like Hos, right? You know the guy we fired and was hired to replace Johnson when he got fired from Baltimore.

If they really gameplan by finding favorable matchups, finding weaknesses in the opponents defense and exploiting them, running "different" plays out of the same formations, using multiple formations, stop running Gore up the middle so much, and become more unpredictable on offense, they will win some games!
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Guys. I have to appologize, It doesn't matter who we have as an offensive coordinator. Alex Smith can't get it done. After his 2/5 td to interception ratio, and terrible throws in his 6th season. I say we go in another direction. Let the kid play his career out somewhere else, thank him for his hard work, his great attitude and for his love for the game. Give him a nice parting gift and wish him well.

Let's move on.

He's already made more than $35 million from the 49ers!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Can't get any worse. I think what should happen now is put Mike Johnson, Smith, Gore, Crabtree, Morgan, Davis, Westbrook, Dixon, and Walker together and gameplan. Mike Johnson has spread offense experience. So look at the strenghts of the team and gameplan to our strengthes. Now that Raye is gone, the season can be rejuvinated again, but we must show that next week in Atlanta. We could lose it, yes, but we need to then come back home for 2 games and beat Philly and Oakland.
Share 49ersWebzone