LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

New O Concern

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I think we need to hire an O consultant immediately. Somebody that can help Johnson learn how to be a successful O coordinator.

Find one of Valrod's post in other threads. He spent a year away from coaching to study more about the spread offense and to put it towards the NFL. I say lets give him a shot before we handcuff him more than Sing might.
So what you are saying is ..…............................................................................................................................ BRING BACK RAYE!!!!

j/k, by the way
Originally posted by bigniner:
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by valrod33:
In 2003, Interim Head Coach Wade Phillips asked Johnson to call the Falcons offensive plays for the final two games of the season. In those two contests, Vick compiled his second-highest quarterback rankings of the year (119.2 at Tampa Bay, 12/20/03, and 93.0 vs. Jacksonville, 12/28/03).

I know its only 2 games but he does have some experience

both tampa and jacksonville finished 3rd in their divisions

atlanta was 5-11 that year as well

Point being it was meaningless games for all teams with no pressure

Yeah, but still.

now we know why we were always hearing about Vick

Too damn bad Vick is not on our team!!! SHould've been Vick. f**k all the haters, and our management for not bnringing him in. Dude is gone for 2 years now he's a pimp?
Mike Johnson has never been an OC and Sing doesn't know O. Are they going to be able to field a competitive well planned O?

Anyone else share this concern?

Absolutely.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Cant get any worse

this. What have we got to lose?

I just don't think it's a good idea to sh1t-can the guy without a solid plan on how to make the situation better. I'm not sure that a guy that couldn't find work a couple of years ago is going to be a better OC; especially when he doesn't have a solid mentor in-house...
Cant get any worse

I agree with you. We needed some type of change. Raye was just toooo predictable. Raye only used two players. Gore and Davis. Once they were taken out, Raye had nothing.
I think we need to hire an O consultant immediately. Somebody that can help Johnson learn how to be a successful O coordinator.

Yes like Jimmy Raye
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by bigniner:
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by valrod33:
In 2003, Interim Head Coach Wade Phillips asked Johnson to call the Falcons offensive plays for the final two games of the season. In those two contests, Vick compiled his second-highest quarterback rankings of the year (119.2 at Tampa Bay, 12/20/03, and 93.0 vs. Jacksonville, 12/28/03).

I know its only 2 games but he does have some experience

both tampa and jacksonville finished 3rd in their divisions

atlanta was 5-11 that year as well

Point being it was meaningless games for all teams with no pressure

Yeah, but still.

now we know why we were always hearing about Vick

Too damn bad Vick is not on our team!!! SHould've been Vick. f**k all the haters, and our management for not bnringing him in. Dude is gone for 2 years now he's a pimp?

where my dogz at?!??!?!?!

arf arf
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Mike Johnson has never been an OC and Sing doesn't know O. Are they going to be able to field a competitive well planned O?

Absolutely.

I'll have that concern and it doesn't matter who our OC is at this point. I think 8 years of this has caused me to be a pessimist.
Cant get any worse

actually it can get WAY worse...lol.

there was a reason Sing and Raye wanted to run run run...they have no faith in Alex coming out passing....they want to stay close in the game and let the defense and Gore win it.

if Alex is still inaccurate and we come out passing, then there is a high chance we will be down alot of points alot quicker than usual.

Absolutely.

Not at all. He has been around long enough to know what to do. It is not like he is coming in from the street.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:

Absolutely.

Not at all. He has been around long enough to know what to do. It is not like he is coming in from the street.

Kinda like Hos, right? You know the guy we fired and was hired to replace Johnson when he got fired from Baltimore.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Anyone that doesn't try to run up the middle 5 straight times to start a game is fine by me.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Cant get any worse

this. What have we got to lose?

a whopping 3 points every road game is what we could lose!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Cant get any worse

actually it can get WAY worse...lol.

there was a reason Sing and Raye wanted to run run run...they have no faith in Alex coming out passing....they want to stay close in the game and let the defense and Gore win it.

if Alex is still inaccurate and we come out passing, then there is a high chance we will be down alot of points alot quicker than usual.

Alex's accuracy problem is mainly in the short passing game, I don't worry about him when he throws 10+ yards down the field
Share 49ersWebzone