LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

New O Concern

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mike Johnson has never been an OC and Sing doesn't know O. Are they going to be able to field a competitive well planned O?

Anyone else share this concern?
Cant get any worse
well it can't get worse considering Raye's only run play was straight up the middle
In 2003, Interim Head Coach Wade Phillips asked Johnson to call the Falcons offensive plays for the final two games of the season. In those two contests, Vick compiled his second-highest quarterback rankings of the year (119.2 at Tampa Bay, 12/20/03, and 93.0 vs. Jacksonville, 12/28/03).

I know its only 2 games but he does have some experience
Originally posted by jreff22:
Cant get any worse

Actually it can. Remember Hos? We had an HC that didn't know Offence and we put in a young coach to be our savior as OC; but, he didn't have anyone to learn the position from...
Originally posted by valrod33:
In 2003, Interim Head Coach Wade Phillips asked Johnson to call the Falcons offensive plays for the final two games of the season. In those two contests, Vick compiled his second-highest quarterback rankings of the year (119.2 at Tampa Bay, 12/20/03, and 93.0 vs. Jacksonville, 12/28/03).

both tampa and jacksonville finished 3rd in their divisions

atlanta was 5-11 that year as well

Point being it was meaningless games for all teams with no pressure
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Yeah, but still.
Any decision made by current fortyniner regime, according to history, is highly likely the WRONG decision.

The only firing/hiring that should have been made is GM, then let the new person figure things out. (if there are any currently availble)

It will be interesting to see how this all came about. It's clearly a move in the correct direction but it's not enough. Not by a long shot. And I would hope it's an interim move to an eventual replacement of the GM.
I think we need to hire an O consultant immediately. Somebody that can help Johnson learn how to be a successful O coordinator.
Cant get any worse

this. What have we got to lose?

Originally posted by sdninerfan:

Yeah, but still.

It's better than nothing; I guess
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Cant get any worse

Actually it can. Remember Hos? We had an HC that didn't know Offence and we put in a young coach to be our savior as OC; but, he didn't have anyone to learn the position from...

We rank last in everything and cant do a thing, it cant get much worse....maybe just stay the same.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:

Yeah, but still.

now we know why we were always hearing about Vick
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I think we need to hire an O consultant immediately. Somebody that can help Johnson learn how to be a successful O coordinator.
Originally posted by bigniner:
Any decision made by current fortyniner regime, according to history, is highly likely the WRONG decision.

The only firing/hiring that should have been made is GM, then let the new person figure things out. (if there are any currently availble)

It will be interesting to see how this all came about. It's clearly a move in the correct direction but it's not enough. Not by a long shot. And I would hope it's an interim move to an eventual replacement of the GM.

we technically dont have a GM
Share 49ersWebzone