LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

9-4 is the mission and it is totally achievable!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
we are going 0-5 FACT! We wont beat ATL! and Vick will ROLL us at home! First win comes against the raiders!

We could win our next two, and lose to the Raiders. This is the NFL! We will win this division... I'm not losing faith yet.[/quote]

optimistic view:

we squeeze one of these next two out and then beat the raiders, panthers, broncos
to get to 4-4

realist view: please god help us score points

Exactly. And this team can do that. We just need to start moving the chains. There is no reason to think we can't do that. Smith can sling the rock, we just need to send our receivers down the field instead of constant, short, crossing patterns. We were way too easy to scheme against before.

I mean, getting rid of raye is a HUGE step in the right direction! But ATL and PHIL are both HOT! Maybe ONE of them overlooks us, but i won't be shocked if we are 0-5!

atlanta could easily overlook us thinking they're hot s**t after beating the saints. also i'm thinking we have a chance against philly because everybody knows we can play in night games (saints, bears, cards)
  • Otter
  • Veteran
we are going 0-5 FACT! We wont beat ATL! and Vick will ROLL us at home! First win comes against the raiders!

We could win our next two, and lose to the Raiders. This is the NFL! We will win this division... I'm not losing faith yet.[/quote]

optimistic view:

we squeeze one of these next two out and then beat the raiders, panthers, broncos
to get to 4-4

Exactly. And this team can do that. We just need to start moving the chains. There is no reason to think we can't do that. Smith can sling the rock, we just need to send our receivers down the field instead of constant, short, crossing patterns. We were way too easy to scheme against before.

I mean, getting rid of raye is a HUGE step in the right direction! But ATL and PHIL are both HOT! Maybe ONE of them overlooks us, but i won't be shocked if we are 0-5!

atlanta could easily overlook us thinking they're hot s**t after beating the saints. also i'm thinking we have a chance against philly because everybody knows we can play in night games (saints, bears, cards)

Against Kolb and the Eagles, yes. Vick looked pretty freaking good yesterday.
Originally posted by Otter:

optimistic view:

to get to 4-4

Against Kolb and the Eagles, yes. Vick looked pretty freaking good yesterday.

dammit otter let me be in denial for a while longer!
I'm all for it! With Raye's firing and perhaps a spark set to light under our offense, I expect us to be at least competitive over the next two weeks...in losing efforts. Still, after an 0-5 start, I could see us absolutely run over 6 in a row to pull up at 6-5. From that point, all we gotta go is go 3-2 to end the season to be in contention for the NFC West crown. Come on guys, 9-7 is still achieveable. Every year in the NFL we see teams start strong anf finish fast or vice versa. Look at the Broncos last year and in recent years, in fact...they started off, what, 6-0 or something last year then faded. I'm concerned about coach Sing myself, but, give him credit...he canned Raye deservingly and we WILL make the adjustments needed to win week after week. I'm still believin'! Bleed red and gold!

Shanghai'D
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:
I'm all for it! With Raye's firing and perhaps a spark set to light under our offense, I expect us to be at least competitive over the next two weeks...in losing efforts. Still, after an 0-5 start, I could see us absolutely run over 6 in a row to pull up at 6-5. From that point, all we gotta go is go 3-2 to end the season to be in contention for the NFC West crown. Come on guys, 9-7 is still achieveable. Every year in the NFL we see teams start strong anf finish fast or vice versa. Look at the Broncos last year and in recent years, in fact...they started off, what, 6-0 or something last year then faded. I'm concerned about coach Sing myself, but, give him credit...he canned Raye deservingly and we WILL make the adjustments needed to win week after week. I'm still believin'! Bleed red and gold!

Shanghai'D

Exactly. I don't know why commonsense posts are so few and far between...
There is no logic there, whatsoever. OP should come with me and buy some real estate. I have a nice piece of property to sell you. Ocean view right in downtown Phoenix. We are about to be 0-4 and you think we win 9 straight. God Bless you.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
There is no logic there, whatsoever. OP should come with me and buy some real estate. I have a nice piece of property to sell you. Ocean view right in downtown Phoenix. We are about to be 0-4 and you think we win 9 straight. God Bless you.

Who said anything about winning 9 straight? I said we need to go 9-4 from here on out. Funny enough, I know a thing or two about real estate as well. It happens to be the reason I am now in the position of sitting on my bum more often than not as a twenty-something.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
We have not put a three game winning streak together under Sing. And he is stuborn and not willing to try to outsmart the other team, he just wants to out muscle them.
  • marls
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
I agree with you that all things are possible. I also agree that we have just as much talent, if not more, than the majority of teams left on our schedule.

But this team doesn't seem to want to play if it's not a big time or prime time game.

The Chiefs very well may be worthy of their 3-0 status. But there is zero excuse for us just letting them abuse us like that. Until we show we can actually win a game... 4-9 will sound more reasonable.

I'm hoping you're right.

A team that should've beat the Saints should not get owned like we have in KC and Sea. It just doesn't make sense.

Well... It does make sense that we lost. Short week after a tough game we almost came back in against a team we were supposed to beat. That happens all the time in the nfl. Still sucks though. Maybe now we'll have a little more creativity on O. Are playcalling has sucked.
Logic and reason, they're two things I believe very much in using. And while being 0-3 is completely discouraging, it is important to look at the bigger picture, in this case, that is the seventeen week schedule. So far we've lost at the two loudest stadiums on the road (Where those teams are a combined 4-0), and against the defending Super Bowl champs at home. What remains are six road games, six home games, and one game in London against a team we're better than. Below is a look at the remaining schedule.

@ATL
PHI
OAK
@CAR
DEN
*BYE*
STL
TB
@AZ
@GB
SEA
@SD
@STL
AZ

When I look at it, I see two likely losses, and a bunch of games we can and should win. The two games that we should lose are next week at Atlanta, and in Week 13, at Green Bay. Aside from those games, the rest of our schedule is fairly easy. The next two biggest challenges will be our home game against Philly in Week 5 and our road game against the Chargers in Week 15.

This season is far from over. Three game losing streaks happen to good teams. But if we are a good team, and I truly do believe we are, we will rebound... even if we lose again next week.

Three-game losing streaks don't happen to many good teams, especially when two of the three losses are blowouts in which the team in question looks like it doesn't belong in a professional football league.

4-12 dude .... get real man .... nine wins all season is retarded
finally some faithful with hope. Everyones down and we got 14 games left! Some faithful don't deserve to be called faithful
The way we have been playing and looking at the schedule the best i think we can hope for is 8-8.
Originally posted by Modalee81:
The way we have been playing and looking at the schedule the best i think we can hope for is 8-8.

Eight and eight will probably win the division. And I think most 49er fans should believe we can go 8-5 with our remaining games. Do fans of this team realize how difficult the opening of our schedule is? Jesus Christ the negativity is so ridiculous! If you guys are so miserable and down on the team, why do you spend your free time posting about how much you hate the team? Talk about being a narcissist.
Everyone's jumping all over this post and its author, but no one's mentioning the biggest problem.

The goal is not 9-4, its 10-6 or 11-5...I mean playoffs (no mora-inspired overused pun intended). it would suck to go 9-4 and lose the last three games and miss out.

As if yesterday wasn't awful enough, all 3 of the other teams in our division won and look way better than us.

That being said, Sing and the team in his image are very emotional and erratic, so as bad as this start has been, its possible that we'll ride an emotional wave and take advantage of the front-heavy schedule.
Share 49ersWebzone