There are 147 users in the forums

As bad as our offense was...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our defense was just as bad.

No pass rush. Over aggressiveness in our DBs that leads to big plays. No sacks. No turnovers.

Play calling in question. As per Matt Maiocco, the niners played a lot of cover 2. Which had our best defensive players Patrick Willis, in the middle of the field deep in coverage. While the rest of our slower defensive players try to chase down dexter mccluster (travis laboy really manusky?) and jamaal charles.

It's time for taylor mays. michael lewis (now injured) hopefully will take a step down for the kid. Hopefully he can provide some speed in run stopping and coverage to create some turnovers ala, Darren Sharper.

As far as I can see, this is not a top 10 defense. At least not a defense good enough to carry our sorry offense/gameplanning.
We are bad on...

~ Offense.
~ Defense.
~ Special teams.
~ Coaching.
~ Coordinators.
~ Assistants.
~ Ownership.

That's just called a "bad organization." We are the new Lions.

I could be a mod.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are bad on...

~ Offense.
~ Defense.
~ Special teams.
~ Coaching.
~ Coordinators.
~ Assistants.
~ Ownership.

the panthers are just as bad in all that too.
No s**t.
We are bad on...

~ Offense.
~ Defense.
~ Special teams.
~ Coaching.
~ Coordinators.
~ Assistants.
~ Ownership.

I don't think everyone in the front office is bad. I mean they have done a pretty good job bringing some talent. Drafting talent. Not every move has been great. But whos moves are always perfect?

They have done a good job of drafting good players and locking those players in long term.
We are bad on...

~ Offense.
~ Defense.
~ Special teams.
~ Coaching.
~ Coordinators.
~ Assistants.
~ Ownership.

Yes, the 49ers are just a bad team.
Fire raye and I will be happy
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
We are bad on...

~ Offense.
~ Defense.
~ Special teams.
~ Coaching.
~ Coordinators.
~ Assistants.
~ Ownership.

Yes, the 49ers are just a bad team.

reminds me of the migrant workers talking about the Indian's at the beginning of Major League.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerbrand:
Our defense was just as bad.

No pass rush. Over aggressiveness in our DBs that leads to big plays. No sacks. No turnovers.

Play calling in question. As per Matt Maiocco, the niners played a lot of cover 2. Which had our best defensive players Patrick Willis, in the middle of the field deep in coverage. While the rest of our slower defensive players try to chase down dexter mccluster (travis laboy really manusky?) and jamaal charles.

It's time for taylor mays. michael lewis (now injured) hopefully will take a step down for the kid. Hopefully he can provide some speed in run stopping and coverage to create some turnovers ala, Darren Sharper.

As far as I can see, this is not a top 10 defense. At least not a defense good enough to carry our sorry offense/gameplanning.

I don't know, I'll reserve judgment until we get some the other two phases of the game to actually do their part (if they ever do).

Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Fire raye and I will be happy

thats not what this thread is about.

this is about the defense. which no one seems worried about. for whatever reason.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The defense is probably getting sick and tired of carrying the team AND playing defense is much more physically taxing than offense. How would you like if you get off the field for a rest and you can't even get a shallow of Gatorade down before it is time to go back out there because the offense had another 3 and out.
We are bad on...

~ Offense.
~ Defense.
~ Special teams.
~ Coaching.
~ Coordinators.
~ Assistants.
~ Ownership.

Agree
  • Mex49
Originally posted by skynet907:

I could be a mod.

Ah... Never mind
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
The defense is probably getting sick and tired of carrying the team AND playing defense is much more physically taxing than offense. How would you like if you get off the field for a rest and you can't even get a shallow of Gatorade down before it is time to go back out there because the offense had another 3 and out.

WORD. I mean WTF ovah, they held the Chiefs to 10 points in the half despite the complete lack of help. 10 points is a good defense, even if you had an all world offense and ST helping you out.

Our offense scored 6 points in Seattle, they scored 3 points at arrowhead (there isn't anysense in counting that last TD). That's a whopping 9 points in two full games. ST? What the hell is ST? It is practically non-existent on our team.

As far as I am concerned, this defense gets a free pass until such time as the other phases pull their head out of their ass and start contributing instead of taking a free ride on the defenses back. I would not blame the D if they just decided to start mailing the s**t in, I mean, WTF...why work your ass off just so the rest of the team can run around like a bunch of pop warner misfits playing out of their league?
[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone