LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Bill Walsh System

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
What is the Bill Walsh System?

Sounds like a get rich with real estate program you buy after watching an infomercial.

Actually its a football system, not like the Singletary's system that Yorks bought into.
Originally posted by filthyrich49er:
We have a Walsh son in Gruden who sounded like he would love to coach some of our young talent
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Mooch got fired after a 10-6 season. The Yorks aren't even stupid enough to fire a coach after a 14-2 season, even if they didn't hire him.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Bill Walsh is the WCO...... Bringing back the WCO, yes I am in favor. Bill Walsh system is WCO, WCO is Bill Walsh's system.....Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle

lmao! west coast is the coryell system!!! no ur stuff dude. walsh was different. i can argue later. gotta go be back on in an hour your wrong though alot of people get that wrong

This is correct, but it's so commonly used incorrectly, the truth is lost on most people.

semantics. yay.
Who are some Bill Walsh Disciple's that may be available at the end of the season?

I know of Chucky, Mooch, and Denny Green. I don't consider Denny Green as a viable option. I also do not think that Mike Holmgren is an option either.

Of the ones that I can think of I would select Mooch first and Chucky second. However I don't think that Mooch wants to work for the Yorks again. That leaves Chucky.
Originally posted by FleckHandspoon:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Bill Walsh is the WCO...... Bringing back the WCO, yes I am in favor. Bill Walsh system is WCO, WCO is Bill Walsh's system.....Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle

lmao! west coast is the coryell system!!! no ur stuff dude. walsh was different. i can argue later. gotta go be back on in an hour your wrong though alot of people get that wrong

This is correct, but it's so commonly used incorrectly, the truth is lost on most people.

semantics. yay.

Not really, since they are two entirely different systems.
I would love Chuky my only questions is how good is he with QBs, we would need to draft a new one or find some qb with west coast experience, maybe the kid who back up rodgers in green bay, who many people say is pretty good, but gruden was very good with veteran QBs Gannon, Johnson but had troble with young qbs very little patience, that the only thing that would worry me...
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by servegmo:
I would love Chuky my only questions is how good is he with QBs, we would need to draft a new one or find some qb with west coast experience, maybe the kid who back up rodgers in green bay, who many people say is pretty good, but gruden was very good with veteran QBs Gannon, Johnson but had troble with young qbs very little patience, that the only thing that would worry me...

carr did throw some 4000 yard games with a garbage team= atleast serviceable... troy smith has never been tapped really yet a heismann winner? right? good qb yes. but first round would take too long we need a solid cb first

carr did throw some 4000 yard games with a garbage team= atleast serviceable... troy smith has never been tapped really yet a heismann winner? right? good qb yes. but first round would take too long we need a solid cb first

the thing is that we have a ton of talent on offense and you can see what a rookies qbs has done a la Ben.R, J.flaco, Matt.R, M.Sanchez and Sam.B can do, we can go next year with a rookie qb and still make the playoffs...

In contrast, I'm highly skeptical of Chucky, but we share an identical concern: the QB issue--and that's the core of my skepticism regarding Chucky.

While I'm very much aware of the OL issues, to get this franchise on the right track we need a QB, first and foremost. I'm not sure Chucky, given his track record, is the right man for the job.

That said, I've recently made a habit of being wrong :)

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

In contrast, I'm highly skeptical of Chucky, but we share an identical concern: the QB issue--and that's the core of my skepticism regarding Chucky.

While I'm very much aware of the OL issues, to get this franchise on the right track we need a QB, first and foremost. I'm not sure Chucky, given his track record, is the right man for the job.

just to be honest at some point you have to look at jewlery and chuky has it
  • fan49
  • Veteran
in all honesty jed might wanna call his uncles boys, bill walsh tree take em to alioto's and straight up ask em how can we fix this (its that bad). and hopefully someone jumps up and says Ill do it. that would be the best scenario.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

just to be honest at some point you have to look at jewlery and chuky has it

That's a fair point.

I'll admit that he has a track record for taking middling teams to greatness. Given the fundamental flaws of this team, I'm not sure that we qualify as a middling team.

Think about it from Chucky's perspective, does he want to gamble his reputation on this reclimation project? Consider his skeptical estimations of Smith on MNF and our empty stable of feasible QBs. He's crazy, but he's not insane.

Gruden? Fat chance.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Sep 26, 2010 at 10:24 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran

the thing is that we have a ton of talent on offense and you can see what a rookies qbs has done a la Ben.R, J.flaco, Matt.R, M.Sanchez and Sam.B can do, we can go next year with a rookie qb and still make the playoffs...

playoffs or not snachez had similar rookie year too smith... sanchez would be nothing with out that d

playoffs or not snachez had similar rookie year too smith... sanchez would be nothing with out that d

Fan49, I dig the spirit of your thread and I'm willing to cut you a ton of slack for being a stubborn fan when the walls are caving in.

BUT: There were fairly substantial differences between Smith's and Sanchez' rookie seasons. As much as I'd like to cut you some slack, I don't think you can draw a useful argument out of that comparison.
Share 49ersWebzone