There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bill Walsh System

As I'v mentioned before we have changed the team dynamics since marriuchi got fired. Keep in Mind 14-2 when he got fired by the yorks. Dennis errickson brought the team down, and after that we changed our offensive identity not to mention towards more of a defensive team. No one truly runs the bill walsh system. I say bring it back!!!!

Now their alot of avaliable coaches that are under that tree. and it would not be hard to get them. I would love to hear people views about the Bill Walsh System not the West Coast offense!

Should we go back?

IMO The 49ers under numerous coaches were the most successful under that system. In that system I remember 12 years straight of being super bowl champs or in the in the championship game.

So my obvious opinion I would love to bring back the system that gave us the most success.

Please do not bring up coaches names its about the BILL WALSH SYSTEM!!
I am asking for a discussion on should we bring our history back and go to the 49ers Foundation?
who are the coaches who run the Bill walsh offence that are available??? Imlike to window shop....
I believe we should bring back the Bill Walsh system, however, over the years, defenses have caught up to the system so it cannot be run in its purest form. Holmgren ran the closest thing to it and he is now in Cleveland. I do believe if we bring in a Bill Walsh disciple we definitely would need to bring in a Veteran QB that is familiar with that type of system.
Bill Walsh is the WCO...... Bringing back the WCO, yes I am in favor. Bill Walsh system is WCO, WCO is Bill Walsh's system.....Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle

Originally posted by E-49er:
I believe we should bring back the Bill Walsh system, however, over the years, defenses have caught up to the system so it cannot be run in its purest form. Holmgren ran the closest thing to it and he is now in Cleveland. I do believe if we bring in a Bill Walsh disciple we definitely would need to bring in a Veteran QB that is familiar with that type of system.

i disagree. west coast offense is ran all over the place. bill walsh system is same except 2 wr at all times te fb and rb. you never can decipher run or pass. it will still work.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Bill Walsh is the WCO...... Bringing back the WCO, yes I am in favor. Bill Walsh system is WCO, WCO is Bill Walsh's system.....Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle

lmao! west coast is the coryell system!!! no ur stuff dude. walsh was different. i can argue later. gotta go be back on in an hour your wrong though alot of people get that wrong
Originally posted by fan49:

i disagree. west coast offense is ran all over the place. bill walsh system is same except 2 wr at all times te fb and rb. you never can decipher run or pass. it will still work.

This
If you are talking about the WCO system, which was based on the Coryell system, the last few coaches who used it were: Holmgren, Shanahan, Gruden, and Reid. Dungy used a portion of it while in Tampa but only in principles (short route/timing passes). Turner use the Coryell system in SD. As for getting back to the system, we need a reliable QB who can make certain reads in a flash and who is accurate.

Go from there.

We have a Walsh son in Gruden who sounded like he would love to coach some of our young talent
Originally posted by 190836:

This

Not true. He often used three wrs.

This

In the past the system had trouble moving the ball when defenses played cover 2. I'm not saying the West coast offense is not run all over the place because it is. However defenses have evolved which is why alot of teams only use aspects of Bill Walsh's system and not full time. I do believe it is a good system and I would love for us to go back to it I just don't know if we ran it in its purest form that it would be as successful as it was in the past because like I said defenses have evolved. I am all for running that type of system and with a veteran QB familiar with the system there would be a huge improvement on offense.
Originally posted by ttime1:

This

Not true. He often used three wrs.
Not as often as you think. But he used it. The main formations had 2 wideouts, TE, FB and a RB. Read his books.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

lmao! west coast is the coryell system!!! no ur stuff dude. walsh was different. i can argue later. gotta go be back on in an hour your wrong though alot of people get that wrong

This is correct, but it's so commonly used incorrectly, the truth is lost on most people.
what offense does Jim Harbaugh and Luck use??
What is the Bill Walsh System?

Sounds like a get rich with real estate program you buy after watching an infomercial.