LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

What ONE change would you like to see happen right now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What ONE change would you like to see happen right now?

notwithstanding that Sing and JR have to go sharpish what about option four, i want to see a move to the spread. It worked much better last year and Alex sees the field better. Perhaps we could get a little offensive variety (god forbid).

there is no excuse for getting out coached and out prepared.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
How about benching Tree. There is NO Chemistry there. Zero. Zilch. None. Nada. Bubkis.

Then I think that the Players are going to put their foot down about Raye. Must bench Tree until learns to Prepare. He's not going to amount to sh@t at this level if he cannot prepare himself.

Look at what Vernon does EVERY DAY after Practice. He hit's the Juggs for an hour or so. He still drops some but for the most part the guy is a Warrior. Being prepared has helped him to be solid.

The way Tree is going he won't even be re-signed. While Davis has that new contract for bragging rights.

I don't know if changing Raye or Sing is going to make any difference unless we have someone available in the wings that would want to come in and take over. Not likely that either Coach is fired.

And same with Smith.

Who do we go with if we bench Smith?

Carr? Same sh@t different QB.

Troy Smith? More of the same.

If we don't bench Tree, then I want Norris benched. He got stood up today by a guy that had ZERO momentum in his favor. Granted it was on a Pull assignment for Chilo but still should not have been stood up.

One guy I do NOT want to see benched is Baas. The guy was a monster today. He was taking on two DLmen much of the day and they were getting ZERO penetration. Heitmann would have been pushed right back into Frank or Alex.

~Ceadder

What do you base this off of? Carr has had a better career than Alex has had.

*edit* Never mind, I just realized who was posting this.

You should look in the mirror if you cannot discern what was implied by that statement.

But since you can't I'll take pity on you.

What I meant by that is that the Playcalling still sucks. The Receivers STILL have to catch the Passes and the Line still must block.

So isn't it still the same? Actually Carr doesn't run. He's a statue. So sure let's bench Smith and substitute Carr. Just in time for ANOTHER loud venue.

I'll only do this under one condition. Which is the authorities hold YOU accountable for reckless endangerment and possibly involuntary manslaughter and not me.

You know, if you're going to make judgments as to my motivation it would help if you had clue one as to what you were pontificating about.

~Ceadder

Obviously you don't understand the term "Never mind"... I know you have a blind unwavering love for Alex. I know that discussing anything Alex related with you is futile because of your inability to look at the subject matter objectively.

Your fixation on Alex is why you cannot accept that another player may be able to execute a given play better and your fear that they may execute it better is why you are so strongly against it... I say, if it's better for the team then lets give it a try! But; I'm sure you will fail to grasp the content of this post and try to spin it onto some other tangent that you feel justifies your stance.

Have fun!
[ Edited by D_Niner on Sep 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by J49er:
MUST READ!! ...LOWELL COHN FRESH OFF THE PRESS ARTICLE CALLING FOR JED TO TAKE ACTION!

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100926/NEWS/100929572/1057/SPORTS0908?p=all&tc=pgall

I hope Jed reads that

OMG please read that jed

I agree with EVERYTHING Cohn said. Not so succinctly on Sing, but Raye needs a demotion and they need to give the job to the guy that knows the QBs' and the personnel. That would be the QB Coach who has good rapport with Smith and will not lead them down the primrose path.

I think that if Sing cannot take this step then he SHOULD lose his job at the end of the season.

I have no problems with him hitching his wagon to Smith. I think Smith CAN do the job. But you CANNOT hamstring the guy with bad play calling. Either demote Raye and elevate our QB Coach or set Alex free and let him call his own plays.

I mean why the hell are we pumping this kid up for by saying he KNOWS the Playbook, if we cannot trust the Offense to him. He knows his guys he knows who is prepared and who is not. Let him sink or swim on his own. It's a damned site better than letting him drown with Raye's BULLSH@T play calling.

I thought it was kind of funny that Cohn pointed at the 3 run plays.

A better example would be the successive screen plays that he used to negate the yardage that Westbrook got with the 1st one. We woulda run an I Form Double TE pack and gone TE Waggle Left or we coulda gone split TE gap there. Use the formation to build off the success of the screen. Instead we go screen again the SAME frigging play that we JUST ran. Yeah that was really bright. Got one yard (if that) and left us 4 yard short and then called for a short Pass play I think is how it ended. Don't remember off the top of my head but it wasn't memorable enough for me to dig through the grey cells for it. My apologies, Raye just puts my brain to sleep.

Last season he wasn't great but he was willing to go with a spread formation to hold the Opponents accountable. Well he cannot do that now because they're ready to feast on our Rookie Linemen.

So now more than ever we need someone with some imagination calling the plays. Even if Smith didn't have the imagination(much has been made of his machanicality) he wouldn't want to become a permanent grease spot on the turf. I have no problems with him calling his own plays. Hell if nothing else we know he's pretty good in 2 minute drill and he could make Defenses pay when they get into the wrong Defensive alignment by audibling at the LoS.

I've never been a fan of Lowell Cohn, but this time he's right on the money where Raye is concerned. I think he's wrong about Sing other than Sing still doesn't know enough and is at a disadvantage. But Cohn did applaud the promotion that put Sing where he is. Now one bad game (okay 2 bad games) and he's suggesting Sing be fired if he cannot make the move to at least demote Raye.

Kind of hard for me to take Cohn 100% serious when he does stuff like this. But at least he got this one right. Notice he does not blame Smith.

~Ceadder
How about benching Tree. There is NO Chemistry there. Zero. Zilch. None. Nada. Bubkis.

Then I think that the Players are going to put their foot down about Raye. Must bench Tree until learns to Prepare. He's not going to amount to sh@t at this level if he cannot prepare himself.

Look at what Vernon does EVERY DAY after Practice. He hit's the Juggs for an hour or so. He still drops some but for the most part the guy is a Warrior. Being prepared has helped him to be solid.

The way Tree is going he won't even be re-signed. While Davis has that new contract for bragging rights.

I don't know if changing Raye or Sing is going to make any difference unless we have someone available in the wings that would want to come in and take over. Not likely that either Coach is fired.

And same with Smith.

If we don't bench Tree, then I want Norris benched. He got stood up today by a guy that had ZERO momentum in his favor. Granted it was on a Pull assignment for Chilo but still should not have been stood up.

One guy I do NOT want to see benched is Baas. The guy was a monster today. He was taking on two DLmen much of the day and they were getting ZERO penetration. Heitmann would have been pushed right back into Frank or Alex.

~Ceadder

You should look in the mirror if you cannot discern what was implied by that statement.

What I meant by that is that the Playcalling still sucks. The Receivers STILL have to catch the Passes and the Line still must block.

So isn't it still the same? Actually Carr doesn't run. He's a statue. So sure let's bench Smith and substitute Carr. Just in time for ANOTHER loud venue.

I'll only do this under one condition. Which is the authorities hold YOU accountable for reckless endangerment and possibly involuntary manslaughter and not me.

You know, if you're going to make judgments as to my motivation it would help if you had clue one as to what you were pontificating about.

~Ceadder

Obviously you don't understand the term "Never mind"... I know you have a blind unwavering love for Alex. I know that discussing anything Alex related with you is futile because of your inability to look at the subject matter objectively.

Your fixation on Alex is why you cannot accept that another player may be able to execute a given play better and your fear that they may execute it better is why you are so strongly against it... I say, if it's better for the team then lets give it a try! But; I'm sure you will fail to grasp the content of this post and try to spin it onto some other tangent that you feel justifies your stance.

Have fun!

Oh I thought you said Nevermind cause you realized you were in over your head.

But nevermind I guess you'll never understand that D. lol

Nice way to spin yourself out of a bad debate though.

~Ceadder

And same with Smith.

~Ceadder

None of your suggestions will help our current plight, and you know it. You are as stubborn as Singletary.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Where is all the above ?

LOL! Or cry out loud? COL? How about SOL?

If the Niners stick with Simpletary, the "genius", and the "natural", I will officially quit watching the Niners. I dont' buy tickets, but I figure my watching games/listening to Niners related stuff is just supporting them indirectly.

One last item: SELL THE F**king team, you sorry ass Yorks!
Hmmm.....lets see, OC!!!!!!!!

And same with Smith.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Have fun!

~Ceadder

LOL Wrong again, as usual!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by J49er:
MUST READ!! ...LOWELL COHN FRESH OFF THE PRESS ARTICLE CALLING FOR JED TO TAKE ACTION!

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100926/NEWS/100929572/1057/SPORTS0908?p=all&tc=pgall

I hope Jed reads that

OMG please read that jed

I agree with EVERYTHING Cohn said. Not so succinctly on Sing, but Raye needs a demotion and they need to give the job to the guy that knows the QBs' and the personnel. That would be the QB Coach who has good rapport with Smith and will not lead them down the primrose path.

I think that if Sing cannot take this step then he SHOULD lose his job at the end of the season.

I have no problems with him hitching his wagon to Smith. I think Smith CAN do the job. But you CANNOT hamstring the guy with bad play calling. Either demote Raye and elevate our QB Coach or set Alex free and let him call his own plays.

I mean why the hell are we pumping this kid up for by saying he KNOWS the Playbook, if we cannot trust the Offense to him. He knows his guys he knows who is prepared and who is not. Let him sink or swim on his own. It's a damned site better than letting him drown with Raye's BULLSH@T play calling.

I thought it was kind of funny that Cohn pointed at the 3 run plays.

A better example would be the successive screen plays that he used to negate the yardage that Westbrook got with the 1st one. We woulda run an I Form Double TE pack and gone TE Waggle Left or we coulda gone split TE gap there. Use the formation to build off the success of the screen. Instead we go screen again the SAME frigging play that we JUST ran. Yeah that was really bright. Got one yard (if that) and left us 4 yard short and then called for a short Pass play I think is how it ended. Don't remember off the top of my head but it wasn't memorable enough for me to dig through the grey cells for it. My apologies, Raye just puts my brain to sleep.

Last season he wasn't great but he was willing to go with a spread formation to hold the Opponents accountable. Well he cannot do that now because they're ready to feast on our Rookie Linemen.

So now more than ever we need someone with some imagination calling the plays. Even if Smith didn't have the imagination(much has been made of his machanicality) he wouldn't want to become a permanent grease spot on the turf. I have no problems with him calling his own plays. Hell if nothing else we know he's pretty good in 2 minute drill and he could make Defenses pay when they get into the wrong Defensive alignment by audibling at the LoS.

I've never been a fan of Lowell Cohn, but this time he's right on the money where Raye is concerned. I think he's wrong about Sing other than Sing still doesn't know enough and is at a disadvantage. But Cohn did applaud the promotion that put Sing where he is. Now one bad game (okay 2 bad games) and he's suggesting Sing be fired if he cannot make the move to at least demote Raye.

Kind of hard for me to take Cohn 100% serious when he does stuff like this. But at least he got this one right. Notice he does not blame Smith.

~Ceadder

Couldn't agree more. We have talent, Raye doesn't know how to use it
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Where is all the above ?

LOL! Or cry out loud? COL? How about SOL?

If the Niners stick with Simpletary, the "genius", and the "natural", I will officially quit watching the Niners. I dont' buy tickets, but I figure my watching games/listening to Niners related stuff is just supporting them indirectly.

One last item: SELL THE F**king team, you sorry ass Yorks!

Don't let the door hit ya where tha good lord split ya.

You were never a fan to begin with if it is this easy to get rid of you.

~Ceadder

• B650
  • Veteran
Realistically, not many changes are going to happen until after the season, but what would I like to see happen? I'd like Raye to be fired.
let alex call his own plays move to the spread offense hey it worked for the last 3 games last yr firing the coach right now would singnal the end of our season which every knows we have a weak division which anyone can win we still have 2 games against the cards and rams and there not power house teams they once were
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

And same with Smith.

~Ceadder

None of your suggestions will help our current plight, and you know it. You are as stubborn as Singletary.

And none of your options address the issue at all.

Say you get rid of them all.

Now where are we? We're on a rudderless ship going in circles with the tide.

Yeah that just sounds so much better Obe.

The sad thing is that we're at the point of no return. Any move we make is no guarantee of a turnaround to the season.

So the thing to do is to MINIMIZE the impact as much as possible w/o sending the wrong message to your players. That message is you're tanking the season.

Firing Sing? Tanking the season.

Firing Raye? Not so bad but it's still sending the message above.

Benching Alex? Still not as bad as 1st option, but since we KNOW play calling is the issue it's WORSE than option 2.

And now for the unnamed option of demoting Raye. This is the best way to go because it tells your players that they're not soley to blame, that you're willing to go to bat for their best interests and that yopu still have the guy if he's not the issue and need to reverse that course.

Letting Smith call his own plays by extension gives him confidence in his abilities.

And can be done without sending the wrong message to the players who all but quit today. Their confidence in their coach is tenuously low at the moment. But their confidence in the organization would be zilch if you make the wrong move. Especially after we did this once before with this same team.

If you do not want to sit through a ground up rebuild AGAIN, then I wouldn't be quite as ham fisted as you're recommending.

~Ceadder
Singleplayraye have to go asap ! Enough of this mess.

And same with Smith.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Have fun!

~Ceadder

LOL Wrong again, as usual!

Why even try D_niner?
Share 49ersWebzone