There are 185 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What ONE change would you like to see happen right now?

What ONE change would you like to see happen right now?

Originally posted by fc0828:
Firing Sing, will resolve our OC problems, Defense problems, and QB issues....

His lack of attention to detail is killing this team.....

Rah, Rah speeches are more important than pesky details like X's and O's preparation.
Lol, its Jimmy Raye. Can no one else but me see we have had the most basic/poorly run offense in all of football since he took over? I mean comon, figure it the f*ck out. Only a true moron can not produce with this many weapons, and thats exactly what's going on.

Singletary is next on my sh*t list, he is the only guy in the NFL who knows less about offense than Jimmy Raye, and he's our head coach who blindly backs him. So sad another season wasted because of the same problems.
You are all crazy:

A. There is no Football Guy in charge in The Front Office, so who the hell is going to relieve Dingletery of duties or support whomever they put in his place.

B. David Carr is a piece of garbage and he is no improvement.

C. Jimmy Raye has no backup and no one can read the 8500 pieces of paper where the plays are.

In other words, we have no depth in any of these areas...
its very obvious that Raye needs to be fired, or at least have his play calling duties taken away.

how many runs up the middle before sing figures this out?
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
its very obvious that Raye needs to be fired, or at least have his play calling duties taken away.

Wasn't it Sing that said we were going to be a run first team? Why is J-Raye getting all the blame for this, I see it as his hand is forced by the HC...
Step 1: Have Jimmy Raye gameplan all week with Mike Johnson. On game day Mike Johnson calls plays while consulting Jimmy Raye.

If that doesn't work then

Step 2: fire Singletary and Raye. Why Sing too? Why such a drastic step? Cause Sing will be too prideful to admit that Raye needs to go while he is head coach. He won't be able to admit he made a mistake by brining Raye on as OC.

Step 3: Hire a coach with Nfl head coaching success on his resume! Enough with hiring the assistants like Nolan and Singletary. I like Harbaugh from Stanford a lot but he is not right for the niners right now. They need a proven winner. Someone who's been there before. And why not a coach who came up from San Fran and is a proven winner? Someone who won before by taking a talented team and taking them to that next level of nfl elite. Yes ladies and gents. I'm talking about bringing in JOHN GRUDEN! Pay him whatever he wants. If we're able to fork over money to Pwilly, Vernon and others we should have no problem forking over cash to an established super bowl winning coach!
I would much rather look for a high powered GM and let him over see the rest of the season. Whatever he decides is find by me. Me need a "football guy" in the FO. I dont follow GMs so i dont know who would be out there or who would be good, but we need it bad.
The team has a three headed dragon to take on.
- Mike Singletary is a motivator with absolutely no sense of how to run an offense so needs a strong offensive coordinator. He is also fiercely loyal to players/coaches that work hard regardless of talent or production. Case in point Alex Smith and Jimmy Raye.

Alex Smith cannot read an NFL defense quickly enough, has no field presence and lacks accuracy on his throws. After six years we can safely say at best he is an NFL backup. I guess what frustrates me most is Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick are available and we choose Alex. How's that working out for us ?

The third is Jimmy Raye. I can't remember seeing a SF offensive team that was so unorganized and poorly coached. Yes we have had bad teams, but never with this level of talent.

Bottom line at the end of the year Mike needs to be given a clear choice. Fire Raye and let Smith go or as the forum suggests...bring in a new coaching staff.
I'd like the year to change from 2010 to 1981. I'd be 20 years old again and have plenty of future 49ers greatness to re-live.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Other, Yorks put ad on Craigslist to sell team.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:

Wasn't it Sing that said we were going to be a run first team? Why is J-Raye getting all the blame for this, I see it as his hand is forced by the HC...

Because it's not just "run-first mentality" that's the problem. It's the types of runs we have.

We don't do any sweeps, no counters, nothing off tackle. It's all dives up the middle, or off-guard. And that's directly on the o-coordinator.
I would say take playcalling responsabilities out of jimmy and put Johnson, I will give smith a few more games an see if with better play calling he can do better job, if not I would bring Nate Davis back ans see what hes got and give singletary a notice that he will not come back for another season... then I would call Gruden or Harbough and hope for a better things next year...
[ Edited by servegmo on Sep 26, 2010 at 8:30 PM ]
Singleterry get laughed out of town.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I would much rather look for a high powered GM and let him over see the rest of the season. Whatever he decides is find by me. Me need a "football guy" in the FO. I dont follow GMs so i dont know who would be out there or who would be good, but we need it bad.

RIGHT ON!!!
I'm not a fan of coaching changes during the season and I think Carr is worse than Smith. The one change I want to see is that we go to a spread/shotgun attack from the opening snap.

We have failed miserably at using the run to set up a passing attack. Every team knows that if they shut down the run and play the short pass, we have no chance at moving the ball.