There are 156 users in the forums

Interview?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The whole world, all the sports fans around the globe is tuning in for our Singletary's interview. He is the biggest sports celebrity. He is the only one that scolds the media at will.
Originally posted by jed_york:
The whole world, all the sports fans around the globe is tuning in for our Singletary's interview. He is the biggest sports celebrity. He is the only one that scolds the media at will.

He even got one guy kicked off the interview duty and nearly fired because he dared to ask tough questions. Amazing...
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ssahnan:
for all the dignity, morality, accountability he preaches, watching him duck blame for his own faults is so bitterly dissapointing.

sounds like NOLAN jr. doesn't it...
Mike Singletary has already earned my respect for what he has done on the field as a Linebacker, But simply put he does not produce as a coach the same way he did as a player. He is that guy that every team wants but just not as a head coach. Coach Sing we love you but your just not HC material, Sorry.

Refusing to evolve with the NFL will get you fired (hopefully sooner than later), there has been no rule change regarding the run game in over 2 decades, mean while Pass Interference has been modified to favor the pass, QB's have more rules around them than anything and hell you cant even touch a receiver after 5 yards, I mean if a defender is on the ground and rolls into the QB's shin (Passing or no ball in hand) that's a roughing the passer call. And yet coach you just stood by your OC during the post game who is still calling up the gut runs when your down by 3 scores, Why?
Originally posted by tn9er:
for all the dignity, morality, accountability he preaches, watching him duck blame for his own faults is so bitterly dissapointing.

He came in under the Nolan regime and is still following the owner approved Nolan rebuild plan.

This was a Mike Nolan era start to the season. Hopefully we don't wait 'till Week 10 to change things up this year.
If he's saying s**t like this, then he has to go. I hope Jed shows him the door at the bye week. He can exit similarly to the same way he came in.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Sep 26, 2010 at 2:57 PM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
If he's saying s**t like this, then he has to go. I hope Jed shows him the door at the bye week. He can exit similarly to the same way he came in.

Too late, do it now.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:

This was a Mike Nolan era start to the season. Hopefully we don't wait 'till Week 10 to change things up this year.

Well he has proven that he is just as stubborn.
Originally posted by niners94:

Too late, do it now.

I say the bye, because I have no faith in the front office acting so quickly.

When I saw this thread titled "Interview" I thought "not a moment to soon are we interviewing new Head Coaches?"

Dear fan, that would not be wise or fiscally responsible. Coach Singletary has a 4 year contract, the ownership have to pay $7mil to let him go now.

Dear fan, that would not be wise or fiscally responsible. Coach Singletary has a 4 year contract, the ownership have to pay $7mil to let him go now.

Lose $7M now, but gain $20M in advertising and ticket sales with a new stadium and a playoff team.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Lose $7M now, but gain $20M in advertising and ticket sales with a new stadium and a playoff team.

so true
Originally posted by darkknight49:

nah, we are no long the reckless laughing stock of the '80s. This ownership is about the lord, conservative and fiscal responsibility.

Not wasting $7mil when we have a highly motivated HC.
Share 49ersWebzone