There are 344 users in the forums

The Right Head Coach Can Lead to an Immediate Turnaround

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I agree as well. Any coaching candidate that claims they have a 3 or 4 year plan (like Nolan did) should not be considered. With the current parity in NFL I think that's just an excuse to CYA while learning on the job and collecting a multimillion dollar paycheck. There are exceptions of course, salary cap hell, etc., but the Niners aren't in that situation now. BTW, I live in Denver and that's McDaniels McPlan.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Singletary got the team he wants and you guys see the result. Power running is now second to passing in the NFL. If it wasn't they would invent a call Running Interference to pro long the offensive teams play.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I realize after reviewing my thread that this doesn't really leave room for very much discussion. So do you guys think that merely picking the right head coach is enough? Or do we need a substantial roster purge to help get rid of the "losing culture." What characteristics should we look for in a head coach that fits well woth the players we have.

I don't want specific names, that can go in other threads dedicated to this topic.

Well, it probably would. We seem to have talent, but aren't using them in the right way. This seemed obvious to me today. I had posted earlier this week that this game would show what our team really is going to be this year. It's not good.

Yeah I think it's a HC. We're more talented than the chiefs but we were outcoached really badly and it showed. Sing doesn't know how to coach a game, and Raye doesn't know wtf he's doing, they're wasting our talent, and Manusky can't stop a screen pass. Gruden took teams in TB that didn't have franchise QBs to the playoffs, he was an offensive guru. Same with Shanahan in Denver after Elway left. Reid didn't have the most talented WRs for McNabb but he made sure he used what he did efficiently by getting creative with Westbrook and their TEs. Sean Payton immediately turned around the Saints, even though nobody thought Brees was as good as he is now when he played for Marty Schottenheimer in SD. Belichik routinely has turnover as far as coordinators and front office people goes but he keeps that team running well because he knows what he's doing. Part of it is X's and O's, the other part is just common sense and knowing what to do and being flexible. Sing is just another Mike Nolan, except he can't even coordinate his defense. Basically there's an it factor for coaches too and Sing just doesn't have it.
My mistake all time great. I was talking to "Willis the wall", and said, Willis(the wall), JR, and BM are losers. I can see how you interepreted some mighty poor writing, but i am pizzed. Sorry for the confusion. Speaking of which, would i ever love to hear the excuses at BMs last presser(hey, i'm hoping he gets fired today,but you never know). Can't be the headsets. When is he gonna fess up and say , "Guys, i'm just not qualified for this job, and my buddy JR, has just been carrying my water. We really do suck". Well chances he'll say that are zero. But a guy can always wishful think.
Originally posted by kray28:
Willis was pretty nonexistent out there today....he failed to put any kind of stamp on the game.

The only reason he was non-existent today was because the Niners were playing a deep, prevent kind of defense the entire time. That meant Willis had to drop back and was never really involved.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Apone:
Gruden. Super Bowl winning coach, knows the west coast offense, started his coaching career here. likes the bay area.

ties to the walsh family tree, HECK YES bring on chucky

There is no way we are lucky enough to get Gruden to SF. Besides winning coach's really aren't our style. We like the unproven or college promotes.

Its really sad too, I have herd that Gruden actually wants to get back to coaching even after signing his ESPN extension.
Share 49ersWebzone