LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Patrick Willis comes to Alex Smith's defense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Hey, it's a little thing, but alex with that OL is not the alex of old. Now many out there have and have had legitimate disbelief in alex. Until MNF, i had never taken sides. I did say, get the kid an OL and THEN judge. Not trying to change anyone's mind, but there is a mountain of difference between playing qb naked, and playing with a real, pro, functioning OL. Remember, NO has one of the best Ds in the league, and they
NEVER laid a hand, let alone a blow on alex. That sounds eerily like something we have not seen around here in 8-9 yrs. I would only suggest the doubter, who have been let down time after time, consider the significance of a hotshot QB with a great OL, and do we ever have one. As many have noted, we also have an all star cast coaching OL, thank God, and we in addition finally have a QB coach, who probably is being groomed as OC...but i hope he maintains the qB coach position.

Win or lose tomorrow, i will again be watching the OL...and if they once again dominate, i look for #11 to have a good game. Last time i thot about KC, i predicted we would slaughter them. Well we got on the wrong end of 0-41 or 7-41, whichever. So no predictions, but as the OL now goes, so goes alex.

A final nod of the head to p52, for standing up for his man, which i doubt would happen if alex were the tool many think. Let's all just go back to zero, remind ourselves that alex for first time ever has this great OL, and grade him from here on out...forget the past. It is not worth remembering. If he fails with this OL, all doubters were correct. Somehow, i just don't think that will happen.

this.

i have been an alex supporter. i always reference year 2. he had a mediocre OL and a great running game. you would see flashes and he wasnt a chicken with his head cutoff. hell even the beginning of year 3 he was respectable.

i just hope the nolan years did not f**k him over.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This story intrigues me because Sing was very high on Smith after the loss (during the post-conference), so it sounds to me like Sing lost his s**t in the locker room once again and the most respectable bread-winner on the roster set things straight with his mentor.

This all reminds me of last year's TC Alex threw an interception and Singletary forced him to go sit on a hill, and 10 mins. later all the starters (from V.D. to the entire o-line came to join him on the hill in a showing of solidarity).

Singletary didn't "force" Smith to sit on the hill.

Disgusted by a fumble at practice, 49ers Coach Mike Singletary warned his players that the next player to turn the ball over would be banished from the field. The quarterback (Smith) threw a hard-luck interception just minutes after Singletary laid down the law Monday. linkage

The starting linemen only also joined Smith after the second group was in.

After the first offense was finished with its period of work, the five offensive linemen scaled the hill for a sit-in with Smith. linkage

You're making it more than it is.

-9fA

Um this link is from an incident from last season.
In all honesty, the defense made lots of mistakes either in game one. Clements and the corners just made stupid plays!

The linebackers were out of positions, and the DL can't get pressure!

Yeah, Smith made mistakes (and I don't like him now) but the entire team, most importantly the coaches made bonehead game decisions!

Singletary should have blamed himself first, for the utterly lack of preparation in games that mattered the most!

And... his inability to show his football smarts on gameday - if there is any!
[ Edited by 49ERSAM on Sep 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM ]
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
This story intrigues me because Sing was very high on Smith after the loss (during the post-conference), so it sounds to me like Sing lost his s**t in the locker room once again and the most respectable bread-winner on the roster set things straight with his mentor.

This all reminds me of last year's TC Alex threw an interception and Singletary forced him to go sit on a hill, and 10 mins. later all the starters (from V.D. to the entire o-line came to join him on the hill in a showing of solidarity).

Disgusted by a fumble at practice, 49ers Coach Mike Singletary warned his players that the next player to turn the ball over would be banished from the field. The quarterback (Smith) threw a hard-luck interception just minutes after Singletary laid down the law Monday. linkage

After the first offense was finished with its period of work, the five offensive linemen scaled the hill for a sit-in with Smith. linkage

-9fA

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I was referring to SnakePlissken's second paragraph and how he misconstrued the events of the last year's practice as supporting evidence for his ideas in his first paragraph.

-9fA

-9fA

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I was referring to SnakePlissken's second paragraph and how he misconstrued the events of the last year's practice as supporting evidence for his ideas in his first paragraph.

-9fA

[img= ]
Originally posted by boast:
waiting for ZRF80 come in here and call Patrick Willis a "pathetic" Alex Smith apologist.

POTD!
Originally posted by defenderDX:
okkkkkkk so what does he have to learn?

He has to learn how to be a coach and handle his emotions. There is no benefit to calling out a player in front of his teammates and guaranteed, if Sing had waited a day he wouldn't have done that.

Sing is still not an NFL coach imo. Hopefully one day
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
okkkkkkk so what does he have to learn?

He has to learn how to be a coach and handle his emotions. There is no benefit to calling out a player in front of his teammates and guaranteed, if Sing had waited a day he wouldn't have done that.

Sing is still not an NFL coach imo. Hopefully one day

he still kind of acts like a player

-9fA

-9fA

]

-9fA
if we win some games this year Bam-Bam is going to be defensive player of the year... he is turning into the fiery leader of this team, its great I just hope alex has a good game and we win against the chiesf so all the haters change nickgames an dhave some peace time on this zone!!!!

goi niners

• NickV
  • Veteran

-9fA

-9fA

]

-9fA
Wow! The stories of Patrick Will are true and this one to add on:

Patrick Willis once told Singletary off. It was only once, but one more than anyone on this Universe.
Good man
Why Patrick why??

this chump doesnt deserve NADA!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone