There are 255 users in the forums

Alex Smith 4000 yds

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith 4000 yds

Under. 3100-3300 with a max of 3500.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by BigRon:
If he gets 4K, and Gore gets 1K+ we win. If Alex gets 4K and Gore runs for less than 1K, we Lose.

Gore is on pace for a 1200 yard season if the first two games are of any indication.

38 or something yards the first game and only like 112 the second? uh, no? Arian Foster is.

LOL. I thought nobody would notice.
5000 yards
I think, Alex will make would have 4315.. Let's go Alex!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I think he'll end with 3500. I think as the season goes along we will become more of a passing threat.
i wouldnt bet for or against it
Has he even thrown for 3000 yards in a season yet? I don't care how many yards he has as long as it translates into winning games. With all the great QBs (not saying Alex is great) we have had over the years, I think Garcia is the only one to throw for 4,000 yards. Go figure.

My mistake; Steve Young threw for 4,000 yards a couple times.
[ Edited by nazniner on Sep 26, 2010 at 9:10 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's also on pace for 32 INT's.
  • Jiks
Heck, I wouldn't be suprised if he throws for 4000 today!?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

chiefs acually have a good defense and they have good CB and berry there O sucks though

Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I would like to see Smith get 300-350 yards per game and 3 TDs per game. I would also like Gore to get 1-2 touchdowns per game and 120+ yards per game. I would also like to get 1 touchdown per game from special teams and defense. That would indicate to me that we are playing at our potential and all part of the team are contributing at their potential.

Now obviously it will not happen that way. But what I want is to be playing our game to our potential, not swinging up and down to the quality of our opponents. I think that was one of the great Walsh qualities - consistent play regardless of opponent or place. We are still learning that skill. We showed some signs of life on Monday, and here we have an inferior opponent that we need to really play well against. KC should not stop us, but we can stop us if we play like in Seattle. I hope that we consistently move the ball and score 28+ points, not because we will need 28 points to win but because 28+ point is what our minimum average should be. If we had scored like we could have in the Monday night game we would have had 40+ points. I believe that we have the talent to score 28 points a game, just as we should have in Seattle. Now we have to get ourselves consistent enough to do it.

• Jiks
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

chiefs acually have a good defense and they have good CB and berry there O sucks though

Yeah, I'm just pumped for the game. All I would like to see is him showing improvement and consistancy. Running the offense and moving the chains. Most of all I would like to see no turnovers. I honestly think that has been one of his biggest problems to date. I'm a hardcore Utes fan, and this "He just has to get comfortable thing" I think is true. He's starting to look more like the QB that led his college team to a BCS victory. He's starting to look like the QB who can run an offense. But I'm basing this off one decent game, and a couple last season. Consistancy and keeping the ball in our hands is key.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I would like to see Smith get 300-350 yards per game and 3 TDs per game. I would also like Gore to get 1-2 touchdowns per game and 120+ yards per game. I would also like to get 1 touchdown per game from special teams and defense. That would indicate to me that we are playing at our potential and all part of the team are contributing at their potential.

Now obviously it will not happen that way. But what I want is to be playing our game to our potential, not swinging up and down to the quality of our opponents. I think that was one of the great Walsh qualities - consistent play regardless of opponent or place. We are still learning that skill. We showed some signs of life on Monday, and here we have an inferior opponent that we need to really play well against. KC should not stop us, but we can stop us if we play like in Seattle. I hope that we consistently move the ball and score 28+ points, not because we will need 28 points to win but because 28+ point is what our minimum average should be. If we had scored like we could have in the Monday night game we would have had 40+ points. I believe that we have the talent to score 28 points a game, just as we should have in Seattle. Now we have to get ourselves consistent enough to do it.

this aint madden boy!
Originally posted by susweel:
If he throws for 4000 yds then we will have a losing record.

this..most likely
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I think he'll end with 3500. I think as the season goes along we will become more of a passing threat.

So he is on pace for 4000 yards, and we will become more of a passing threat yet finish with less yards? Maybe i misread it?
Share 49ersWebzone